• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

DaBoss

Is there a way to check which maps are in rotation without being by my Wii U? Just back from a decently long vacation and haven't gotten to play Moray Towers and I really would love to
Use this to check what the Regular Battle maps are (when the Japanese players are not having Splatfest). It assumes that the previous rotation's Regular Battle maps are the current rotation's Ranked Battle maps which hasn't been the case for about a month now, so the Ranked Battle maps will likely be wrong 99% of the time now.
Ya its the testfire demo download, but why would they change it from what they already had?
Isn't this a new Testfire page though? It has a different icon compared to the last one.
Chargers' life in certain maps is so damn hard.
Any tips on how to deal with bunny jumping?
As a charger? Shoot where they are going to land.

I was also playing around with the Kelp Splat Charger for Camp, since it's a Charger with Killer Wail. I didn't know about the Sprinkler trick on the billboard that I saw in Azure's stream, so I want to try that next time.

My problem with the Kelp Splat Charger was that I didn't have good options once someone got onto our side of the map and right up into my face. Splat Chargers and E-Liters can toss bombs, but Squiffers and the Kelp Chargers need to use their main weapons, which can be problematic in close quarters.

It doesn't help that my accuracy with Chargers needs work lol :(

Is there a way to check which maps are in rotation without being by my Wii U? Just back from a decently long vacation and haven't gotten to play Moray Towers and I really would love to
Unfortunately no :( I think someone set up a web app that's supposed to say what maps are up, but it hasn't been updated in awhile and is apparently not very accurate.

WorldStar

Banned
just played the game for my first time

was using the wii u gamepad. is that the controller most people use when playing online?

also, do you guys keep the motion controls on or off? aiming with motion controls feels weird

Robotguy

just played the game for my first time

was using the wii u gamepad. is that the controller most people use when playing online?

also, do you guys keep the motion controls on or off? aiming with motion controls feels weird
It's the only controller people use when playing online. (no other control schemes are supported for online play)
Most of us us motion controls, but we have some very good players who don't.
The motion controls take a while to adjust to, but they feel good when the click.

Holy fuck, that was the fastest i've ever been knocked out on the mall. And wow we almost lost again but held with 3 left and we managed to push the tower back to get the 1 point so it was 98 to 97.

This hacker changed the special gauge charge rate so that it builds up very fast.
http://www.twitch.tv/nwplayer123/v/8599515

Is this the first online hack on Wii U? One other well-known Mario Kart Wii/8 hacker claimed online multiplayer cheats were not possible yet because the exploit required using an old Wii U firmware version 5.3.2 (see description of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyDODvsx4M ).

This worries me a lot because Nintendo's response to online cheaters in the past has been downright pathetic (cf. Mario Kart Wii's cheater-infested online mode).
...Oh god fuck no :(

Vena

Isn't this a new Testfire page though? It has a different icon compared to the last one.

Yes, its a new "demo" though I believe its the same exact build.

But, as I said, they already had the Testfire page made, and it was pretty much the same page as what is on Splatoon now, so why add in any changes, lol?

...Oh god fuck no :(

I doubt it will spread, its not some easy flash, and this guy has in general kept this stuff to himself and just likes digging through the game. Of course, its shitty to use it on others lol.

J@hranimo

Banned
My nephew is playing on my Wii U now, so I'll probably be on later this evening.

I just saw those hiding spots DaBoss posted. That's great, soon more people will start doing stuff like that :p

I doubt it will spread, its not some easy flash, and this guy has in general kept this stuff to himself and just likes digging through the game. Of course, its shitty to use it on others lol.
I don't expect him to spread it, no.

But now that people know it's possible to do this sort of thing, that's why I'm worried. Other people will eventually figure it out. It's just a matter of when. EDIT: By that I mean the people capable of doing so will try a lot harder now that they know for sure it's possible.

Azure J

Question for my fellow stick users, what sensitivity to you use? I'm on 2.

I use stick and motion and I'm currently at max sensitivity (+5). It's so good for how I use the Splatterscopes and Brush. Haven't found a standard shooter I like using that sensitivity with yet though.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
I have ranted about Tower Control before, but Camp Triggerfish made me change my mind. Tower Control is soooo good in this map! And Splat Zones are kind of stupid lol

WALKMAN04

First time playing charger on ranked, using the e-liter scope just to get some practice with scopes and I'm doing way better than I thought I would. I'm having no trouble riding the tower as a charger since I do it with other weapons anyway and I feel like I am making very important kills, I don't always have the highest kill amounts but I'm still up near there and the deaths aren't bad either. Just had a game where I wrecked the opposing team on mall destroying them at every chance, these A+ players need to step it up lol.
Edit: I'm loving camp as well Goya

Geg

Aw man, met a poor guy playing with randoms who just didn't know how to use the brush. Tried bumping into me. I felt bad about splatting him so often

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
New Map Rotation:

Blackberry Skatepark
Moray Towers

Ranked:

Saltspray Rig
Port Mackerel

I was having fun on ranked tower control Camp Triggerfish.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hmmm...I don't really feel like letting my rank go up and down and down again today :/

but I want some more money for gear rerolls :/

Decisions :/

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Second time today I played with someone on my team who had an A+ rank, we win and I only get 8 points.

I'm B+ with 86 points and on both occasions I was first place on our team with my Krakon Roller. Not cool I should be at 90 points one win away from A-.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Got up to A- finally. All done with the Krakon Roller and nothing else. I really gotta try some other weapons but I have to much fun with the Roller.

Also really easy to win Splat Zones on Port Mackerel by flanking the enemy and placing beacons right above their splat zone.

Second time today I played with someone on my team who had an A+ rank, we win and I only get 8 points.

I'm B+ with 86 points and on both occasions I was first place on our team with my Krakon Roller. Not cool I should be at 90 points one win away from A-.

Are your A+ people contributing? I keep getting A+s on my teams that are objectively terrible and then we end up losing 12 points instead of the usual 10 (which still pisses me off).

I'm not sure why the entire team suffers the extra penalty as opposed to just the higher ranked person.

Totakeke

Wow this A- roller was extremely impressive.

We took control of the top part of Saltspray Rig at start with all of us alive, seemed to be doing fine, then all of a sudden all my teammates started dropping off one by one. I was wondering WTF was going on then suddenly I got splatted and a bunch of ink appeared all around me. I think he just rolled over all of us in one sweep.

Fuck lag rollers.

Top Bottom