• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

I'm so glad the e liter scope is out. I cannot use the regular one for crap. I dont have nearly this much trouble switching from splatterscope to splat charger.

RedFyn

It's telling me that I don't have a WiFi connection so I can't view my friends list and add you. I don't feel like dealing with that so I'm just going to go to bed but I'll add you tomorrow. I'm normally on every night (PST).

Dryk

first fucking comment complaining about SJWs.

don't read comments on anything, even something as innoucuous as this
The best part about that comment is that Splatoon is that the game is noticeably better for headlining the Inkling girl

Yeah, gotta practice using Charger VS Heng. I even think that Charger Heng would have problems with Blaster Heng.

I love randoms. I see a Krak-On Roller get his Special in the hallway that you need to go to the enemy spawn at Walleye and I squidkid at on the grate. He gets aggravated, unleashes the Kraken early, swims onto the grate, and falls without killing me. =P

To clarify, the enemy Roller infiltrated our base, took the hallway to the left that is a popular beakon spot, came out, Kraken'd fairly far from me, and swam onto the grate I was squidkidding on and fell.

What do you do when you get stuck between a tiny square that leads to the ocean at Saltspray with no escape route and my bomb rush? Why you jump off of course! I lol'd so hard that I let the opposing E-Liter kill me. I love that guy that jumped. =D

Heng

Yeah, gotta practice using Charger VS Heng. I even think that Charger Heng would have problems with Blaster Heng. =P
Are you saying my charger skills is nowhere close to my blaster? It's pretty easy to stop me, you guys keep forgetting I have ninja squid and let me slowly build up room to move around. :p

And I think Robot is pretty good with the blaster. If you play with him enough, you'll find out how to fight any blaster.

Oh and violet chose suicide over my bombs as well.

Are you saying my charger skills is nowhere close to my blaster? It's pretty easy to stop me, you guys keep forgetting I have ninja squid and let me slowly build up room to move around. :p

And I think Robot is pretty good with the blaster. If you play with him enough, you'll find out how to fight any blaster.

Oh and violet chose suicide over my bombs as well.

I'm saying it's hard to hit a Ninja Squid Hopping Blaster as a Charger overall. Very little room for error. It probably didn't help that I hadn't used a Charger for what felt like 4-5 days or that I have very little experience with rabbits. Heh. Burst Bombs are usually my answer, but I didn't have those today. =P

Nah, I'm not implying that your Charger skills are shadowed by your Blaster skills. They're about even IMO. Which is occasionally scary, but that's another story.

I'm allowing you too close to me, which is never good. Gotta work on that. There are a few things I want to try vs you as a Blaster, so don't switch your weaponry around too much. =D

How is my bomb pressure vs you in your opinion? I'm genuinely curious, and that question goes for anyone else who wants to answer. It seemed subpar tonight IMO.

Going back to funny moments, I thought it was funny and interesting that Red superjumped away when I was trapping him behind that tall wall with the billboard at the top at Walleye. He could have just went around and smacked me, but I guess he had other ideas.

Dear all Splatoon players: Stop using Echolocator all the time, I want to actually use the Amiibo clothes I paid money to unlock rather than this ugly Cold-Blooded shirt. Cheers.

Heng

I'm saying it's hard to hit a Ninja Squid Hopping Blaster as a Charger overall. Very little room for error. It probably didn't help that I hadn't used a Charger for what felt like 4-5 days or that I have very little experience with rabbits. Heh. Burst Bombs are usually my answer, but I didn't have those today. =P

Nah, I'm not implying that your Charger skills are shadowed by your Blaster skills. They're about even IMO. Which is occasionally scary, but that's another story.

I'm allowing you too close to me, which is never good. Gotta work on that. There are a few things I want to try vs you as a Blaster, so don't switch your weaponry around too much. =D

How is my bomb pressure vs you in your opinion? I'm genuinely curious, and that question goes for anyone else who wants to answer. It seemed subpar tonight IMO.

Going back to funny moments, I thought it was funny and interesting that Red superjumped away when I was trapping him behind that tall wall with the billboard at the top at Walleye. He could have just went around and smacked me, but I guess he had other ideas.
It felt a bit off today, normally you would toss a bomb under my feet if I got close but today was a bit too far from me. If you had burst bombs, I probably wouldn't have chose to get close to you with your attention on me.

ryechu

Its crazy that they are redesigning maps for balance. That and the new music bands are way beyond my expectations for nintendo.

Dryk

Okay question

As an average at best player who can only really use short-range shooters effectively. How the hell do I fight ELitres and Dynamo Rollers?

EDIT: Fuck I hate being stuck in A-, I'm not good enough to be here. It's not fun and I keep letting my team down.

Jintor

Okay question

As an average at best player who can only really use short-range shooters effectively. How the hell do I fight ELitres and Dynamo Rollers?

EDIT: Fuck I hate being stuck in A-, I'm not good enough to be here. It's not fun and I keep letting my team down.

lol. I'm law of averaging my way through A-.

My advice is to use weapons with an inkzooker special. Or really get well at flanking.

I'm actually surprised at how decent I am at Splatoon because I seriously cannot hit anything for shit.

Jintor

seriously; there really is no long-range solution outside of having to rely on your teammates or getting really good at juking (and juking is really terrible with lag)

Dryk

seriously; there really is no long-range solution outside of having to rely on your teammates or getting really good at juking (and juking is really terrible with lag)
So when the game decides to put both the Elitres on one team you're basically SoL? :(

I try to juke but against most teams there's not enough space to maneuver

Dryk

snipers are bad at playing from behind. Idk what you are talking about.
So for example if an Elitre is sitting on the ledge to the left of the base on Urchin Underpass. They're able to shut down the entire main approach from there and their team can cover the side. To kill them you have to some how get past them, go through the grate, up and around the ramp then across to where they are without being noticed and killed by them or their team. Then you kill them, at which point you've just spent 20-30 seconds eliminating a threat that will be back in that spot in 10.

There might be something I'm not seeing, but if there is it's really not obvious

ryechu

So for example if an Elitre is sitting on the ledge to the left of the base on Urchin Underpass. They're able to shut down the entire main approach from there and their team can cover the side. To kill them you have to some how get past them, go through the grate, up and around the ramp then across to where they are without being noticed and killed by them or their team. Then you kill them, at which point you've just spent 20-30 seconds eliminating a threat that will be back in that spot in 10.

There might be something I'm not seeing, but if there is it's really not obvious

yes. but that is a simplistic analysis. Its not just you vs the sniper. by eliminating the sniper you give your team time to push territory which makes the snipers perch less safe by the time he comes back. Regardless Urchin Underpass is a bad example since its one of the least balanced maps in the game. The only reason hes safe on his perch is because his team is keeping your team occupied in the chokes. There is no way an eliter can snipe from the balcony when the zone is taken by the enemy. Also your time estimates are way overexxagerated. It does not take 20-30 seconds to do a flank.

On most maps you defeat the team with more snipers by having more paint along all possible flank paths. Also snipers are supposed to kill other snipers.

My NNID: LordAhmad, feel free to add me (mention GAF in the invite please). Looking forward to play with GAF members. I have added my details in the google doc file too.

Heng

My NNID: LordAhmad, feel free to add me (mention GAF in the invite please). Looking forward to play with GAF members. I have added my details in the google doc file too.
Nice, I'm glad you found this thread (I saw your post on the other thread just now). There's a Google document on the 6th post of this thread, quote the post to reveal the spreadsheet and be sure to add your name on the list. As for adding certain people, you may want to add active posters on this thread and try to get into a gaf room from there. Unfortunately my friends list is full, but I can try to make room if you add me. My NNID is roger1991.

This map is very unforgiving once the chargers are settled in. For the situation you described, it's not an easy task. This is one of the main reasons why I run ninja squid although you can live without it if you're good enough at moving at the speed in which you don't create ripples. What you want to do is find cover from the charger and spray ink towards the next area that's out of line of sight of him. Instead of going right from your base, go left and make your way near center. If you hug the wall and shoot out ink in the opposite direction of where you're going, you can trick the sniper into trying to cover the ground of the misdirected path while you slowly advance towards him. Once you're underneath him, it should be easy to take him out.

It's really hard to approach chargers when they're watching your movements. The best bet is always find cover, ink a path to the next cover and some misdirected shots to another direction, and slowly make your way towards him. Either that or pick up a charger and see what gives you the most trouble and then use that knowledge to your disposal.

Nice, I'm glad you found this thread (I saw your post on the other thread just now). There's a Google document on the 6th post of this thread, quote the post to reveal the spreadsheet and be sure to add your name on the list. As for adding certain people, you may want to add active posters on this thread and try to get into a gaf room from there. Unfortunately my friends list is full, but I can try to make room if you add me. My NNID is roger1991.

I have already did it. I will add you, but no pressure, if you can't make a room for me, don't worry :) thanks anyway.

MouldyK

There is a S+ rank? I thought A+ is the highest. I have reached B- yesterday and sometimes when you join the wrong team, you keep losing more than winning. Anyway, I really love this game, innovative and always fun to play.

New Update: HERE

With this robust new update also comes an increased level cap in both Regular Battle and Ranked Battle modes. After downloading the software update, players will be able to reach level 50 (raised from level 20) and rank S and S+ in Ranked Battle (both higher than A+).

MouldyK

Nobody knew until today :p

So level 50 is the new cap. So next update around Christmas I guess? :D

Despite its size and scope, this massive August update is not the end of the splat-tacular free content coming to Splatoon. Following this update, more content will continually roll out through the rest of the summer and into autumn, including the Rainmaker Ranked Battle mode, additional maps and new weapons. More details on these additions will be revealed in the future.

I can't. Just can't.

-drowns in ink-

Top Bottom