• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Nobody knew until today :p

So level 50 is the new cap. So next update around Christmas I guess? :D

What I was trying to say is I know about the August update (watched the Japanese trailer too) and I knew that it will introduce new weapons, gear and raise the level cap (I expected the new level cap to be 30), but Nintendo is killing it with the upcoming update, it is much bigger than I have expected.

eRonin

I wonder if the addition of S and S+ will have an effect of pushing everybody up a little bit. Maybe I can finally make it to A-! Really keen to check out the new gear though. I hope there are new tops and shoes (I think they definitely showed at least one new hat in the trailer). I change my clothing up way more than I change my weapon.

Geg

I don't see the point of having uneven matches aside from novelty's sake I guess. A disconnect on your team in a gaf room is almost always a death sentence

and even 1v2 1v3 and 1v4 and so on ;)

We might have to set up some 2v2s or 3v3s as a second room because SplatGAF might not have enough members playing, though that could change if more people stay here with the update.

Woah, surprised by a lot of things there.

Level 50 cap,I was expecting 40 at most. You can get 3 player squads or pair up with another 2 player squad if you only have 2 players. The Squad Battle stuff is actually thought out nicely. And 1v4 and other numbers possible teams are not something I expected from private matches. Really happy that's the case. Can do stuff like hide and seek lol.

Really has me hyped for this.

1v1, Sniper only, Camp Triggerfish let's go. Lol

Or bumper brushes, Sniper training rooms, Charger rooms where each team has 1 Charger and they have to compete with each other for the most kills. Requires willing headless chickens that won't shoot the Chargers. Lol

DaBoss

Woah, surprised by a lot of things there.

Level 50 cap,I was expecting 40 at most. You can get 3 player squads or pair up with another 2 player squad if you only have 2 players. The Squad Battle stuff is actually thought out nicely. And 1v4 and other numbers possible teams are not something I expected from private matches. Really happy that's the case. Can do stuff like hide and seek lol.

S and S+ was the only thing that wasn't a surprise, but I'm happy they are doing it.

Really has me hyped for this.

phanphare

Banned
the best part is that now we can circumvent the map rotations and just play whatever the hell we want with anywhere from 2 to 8 people

I'd love to see some GAF 1v1 matches on Kelp Dome lol

J@hranimo

Banned
This game is totally getting a sales bump in August. This will attract so many more people to get it. Plus SplatGAF will grow even more too.

I wanna make the Bucket only room lol.

Exile20

This game is totally getting a sales bump in August. This will attract so many more people to get it. Plus SplatGAF will grow even more too.

I wanna make the Bucket only room lol.

Squadwars will be really interesting.

The squidboards can finally get their tournaments going.

ryechu

Now they just need to fix save scumming, fix the the mathematically asssymetrical steady state in the ranking system, add LAN, add replays, adjust the map rotation system, fix online hacking, and quickly follow through with their music, octoling, and stage teases.

NotLiquid

Going to have to make some huge OP updates with the next thread.

Now they just need to fix save scumming, fix the the mathematically asssymetrical steady state in the ranking system, add LAN, add replays, adjust the map rotation system, fix online hacking, and quickly follow through with their music, octoling, and stage teases.

There were Octoling teases? Or are we talking about the fact that they have unmasked renders?

Pokemaniac

Interesting how Urchin Underpass will be "under maintenance" for a few days leading up to the update. Maybe they intend to change it.

ryechu

Going to have to make some huge OP updates with the next thread.

There were Octoling teases? Or are we talking about the fact that they have unmasked renders?

Why would they bother to show artwork for her unaccessible unmasked renders? Yes, I believe they are teasing "something." What that something is i'm not sure.

Exile20

First i heard of this.

Geg

Charger rooms where each team has 1 Charger and they have to compete with each other for the most kills. Requires willing headless chickens that won't shoot the Chargers. Lol

Haha I'd be fine doing that as long as we can still ink the ground and swim around. Playing with gaf has significantly improved my ability to dodge charger fire and this would probably help even more

Welp Level 50 is a long way.

And god damn S rank now? I knew it was going to happen but still, let the raging begin.

Kinda wish they chosen a better day for this update, right in the middle of my exams >.<

Interesting how Urchin Underpass will be "under maintenance" for a few days leading up to the update. Maybe they intend to change it.
I saw that post of Facebook, and makes me wonder what can they change on that map. Maybe in the future, other maps will get a change as well

atr0cious

I don't know how I'm going to find time to play MGSV in September :(

I probably won't be able to get used to non-gyro aiming again either
This is where I'm at. I've got the limited edition with the arm preordered, and I am planning on buying a ps4 with it, but now I'm also buying another Wii u and Splatoon around the same time for my girlfriend. Might just hold off on the ps4, and grab it on pc to save some money.

Anybody see the picture for the slosher in that update article? It looks fucking ridiculous. And the mini gun is a charger, so get ready for that.

Top Bottom