• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

So for full 8 player private gaf rooms, would you guys rather we make set teams for those or keep the teams random like usual?

atr0cious

So for full 8 player private gaf rooms, would you guys rather we make set teams for those or keep the teams random like usual?
Both, I think picking teams early can alienate people, so starting off random should work. Then people can learn to synergise, and we can start discussing team roles. After that, picking teams would probably come naturally as we gravitate to who we work best with.

I really want to have a random tourney, where we score based on individual performance, so even though you're on the same team, you're still aiming to beat and be better than those on your team.

We do, link is in profile, but we'll usually post a link when we're hopping on. Like I'll be on after I wake up more today.

Ok, Looking forward to it and maybe showing up in one of your games :)

Keep violet and ryechu on opposite teams. Its always fun seeing two good snipers mauling each other haha.

Plus it gives me peace of mind knowing I have a guardian angel watching over me <3

Geg

Well I didn't even necessarily mean for long-term balanced/competitive team creation, just for like when hey these 8 people just happen to all be online and can make a room together. Just the "for fun" gaf rooms I guess

SM239

All this update information. This is a lot more stuff than I was expecting in the update. My GOTY just keeps on giving.

So is the name "Splatling Gun" official now? If so nice.

nom

Well I didn't even necessarily mean for long-term balanced/competitive team creation, just for like when hey these 8 people just happen to all be online and can make a room together. Just the "for fun" gaf rooms I guess

I think the IRC chatroom should become a necessity for private games, would make it easy to vote on maps and teams or let it go to random. At least till there's voice chat.

Whatever happens though I can't wait :D

Leatherface

Am I the only one who feels like we should be able to use the power lines to cross sections in Moray Towers (like in single player mode)? I feel like that dynamic is a missed opportunity in that map.

J@hranimo

Banned
And now I'm starting to realize the need for voice chat (at least with friends).

Depending on how MLG is gets we can find a way. Teamspeak and Raidcall are a thing.

Oh god, I'm so happy this comes out right before college starts back up for me. I probably won't be on every night then :/

WALKMAN04

Damn, I hate this game, keeps me held by a leash lol. Too much content, it doesn't seem like I'll be playing much of anything else soon. I like that they added S ranks though, because if they didn't have something to go for I would probably just play the ranked modes with gaf, now they keep that population alive by adding the ranks.

Depending on how MLG is gets we can find a way. Teamspeak and Raidcall are a thing.

Oh god, I'm so happy this comes out right before college starts back up for me. I probably won't be on every night then :/
Stop lying you know darn well you will be on every night even when college starts lol.
Man I can't wait to try this probably gonna need a bunch of ink saver mains
mU2L6pN.jpg

DaBoss

I just want to play the Ranked modes with GAF, don't care about teams (at least in the beginning) lol.

And it seems Miiverse people are happy: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkTuDS2kg

Just wanted to make an informative post lol.
Am I the only one who feels like we should be able to use the power lines to cross sections in Moray Towers (like in single player mode)? I feel like that dynamic is a missed opportunity in that map.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...st/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20150711104623
No, you should be able to grind on it instead, :p

Probably both. I know a lot depends on times that people play. Like I know the times I play the usual suspects are SM239, Walkman, DaBoss, Azure J, etc. I think Violet is usually starting to go to bed around the time I get on.

At least that's how it is during the week (like 7pm EST). On the weekends, it's more random lol.

Oh yeah... and Splatoon is my GOTY as well. It already beat Witcher 3 for me and I doubt even MGSV will change my mind. Is there anything else big that I'm missing?

Violet_0

Banned
I still want Team Colors. =D Now the question is should I be a Charger along with Violet or not.
I'm probably not even going to join any GAF rooms anymore till October or so. Squad Battle should be fine since randoms hardly ever complain about the occasional lag spike
I generally don't like having other chargers in my team all that much no matter how good they are, they take away my kills and I want some meat shields at the front. Not saying that I wouldn't play with other chargers, for all I care we can do 4 charger teams

WALKMAN04

I just want to play the Ranked modes with GAF, don't care about teams (at least in the beginning) lol.

And it seems Miiverse people are happy: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkTuDS2kg

Just wanted to make an informative post lol.

No, you should be able to grind on it instead, :p
I'm just glad we don't have to randomly bump into each other anymore in ranked to play the modes together. I also don't really care about teams, me and any 3 gaf members is fair game to me.
The update is way sooner then I expected, glad I have time to play it before I go back to college, and might be able to play on some weekends, I'm not sure yet.

Edit: Violet your lag has either gotten better, or I just don't really care. When playing with you I just remember the lag possibilities and try to adjust, it's not that bad. I think you should be fine in our lobbies, I'm also down to join you in squad battles if playing in the lobbies is a problem for you

KeigoNiwa

I don't have many personal friends that own splatoon, but I really want to take advantage of the new matchmaking options that are coming in August. Would anyone be willing to let me join their teams :)

StAidan

The thing I like about the current GAF rooms is those of us with more erratic playing schedules can hop in and out conveniently. And although it's annoying to have crappy randoms in there sometimes (keeping other gaffers on the waiting list), sometimes it's nice to have them when there aren't enough gaffers online.

All that to say, I hope the new team modes don't change up the dynamic so much that those advantages disappear.

As for Splatoon being GOTY, heck, I don't know if I'll even need another game for my Wii U from this point on. Right now I'm even thinking I can take a pass on Super Mario Maker.

Geg

Yeah really Violet I haven't noticed that much lag in my recent games with you.

Though I have noticed I tend to catch you with the killer wail more often than most gaffers, I dunno if that could be due to lag or not

Violet_0

Banned
Yeah really Violet I haven't noticed that much lag in my recent games with you.

Though I have noticed I tend to catch you with the killer wail more often than most gaffers, I dunno if that could be due to lag or not

no I usually get out of killer wails easily, you just tend to catch me by surprise :p
Inkzooka give me hell, tho

NotLiquid

I need to go through my friends list again. Even though I've almost maxed out my list with mostly GAFers I don't recognize or see any of the regular names that seem to be mostly playing here.

The thing I like about the current GAF rooms is those of us with more erratic playing schedules can hop in and out conveniently. And although it's annoying to have crappy randoms in there sometimes (keeping other gaffers on the waiting list), sometimes it's nice to have them when there aren't enough gaffers online.

All that to say, I hope the new team modes don't change up the dynamic so much that those advantages disappear.

As for Splatoon being GOTY, heck, I don't know if I'll even need another game for my Wii U from this point on. Right now I'm even thinking I can take a pass on Super Mario Maker.
I'm a huge Mario fan but I'm only getting maker for my daughter lol. I think splatoon can keep me satisfied for the rest of the year

WorldStar

Banned
Weapons I purchased from the store are not usable in the single player campaign? Are upgrades in the single player campaign using those balls or whatever reflecting the multiplayer?

Weapons I purchased from the store are not usable in the single player campaign? Are upgrades in the single player campaign using those balls or whatever reflecting the multiplayer?
No those are all tied to single player. You can find some scrolls that unlock weapons for multiplayer and when you beat the game you are given outfits for multiplayer

DaBoss

No and no.

If you collect the Sunken Scrolls from boss levels, you can unlock new weapons for multiplayer.

SM239

Weapons I purchased from the store are not usable in the single player campaign?

No. Weapons from the store are only used in multiplayer.

Are upgrades in the single player campaign using those balls or whatever reflecting the multiplayer?
No. The single player weapon and upgrades to weapons are only for single player. You can unlock additional weapons for multiplayer by getting sunken scrolls on the boss stages.

Totakeke

Team matchmaking options? Finally.
Level cap to 50? Nice.
S, and S+ ranks? Awesome!
Update dropping in August 6th? Splatterific.

Usually when they don't specify a date you'd expect it closer to the end of the month, having it early is just gravy.

Definitely curious what items will unlock >20, will they pepper the existing weapons throughout the levels? Seems unlikely they'll have 30 new weapons prepared. I was thinking that they could have levels unlock other gear too, but that doesn't work based on the current daily rotation system.

Also S and S+ will be really useful to spread the A+ levels apart because there is a big group there. Most players in A+ is quite skilled yet there are some that just stands apart from the rest. Hopefully they'll make the point system harsher at the new ranks too to reduce people just rising up the ranks playing in lower ranked lobbies.

Top Bottom