• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

After 4 sea snails, I give up trying to get 3 Special Charge Up Subs on the Takoroga Rugby...
zBAx79a.jpg
Then, I somehow get this after 1 try to get 3 Swim Speed Ups on the Krak-On Choco Logs
Time to try another shirt with Quick Respawn Main I guess.

StAidan

Most of them were on the Nintendo UK article, but someone with media access got the squad battle image from their servers I think. They put the images on an imgur album here.

http://imgur.com/a/XoNTx

Nice, thanks. It'll be interesting to see how this affects ranked, I guess. Could end up being nearly impossible to achieve the higher S ranks as an individual, since team coordination would be hugely important to getting there (I imagine).

WALKMAN04

Sorry Vecks and Crisium, disconnected, rejoining now. Also whoever pulled out that inkzooka near the beginning, you pushed the sniper back into my inkstrike lol

Geg

Sorry Vecks and Crisium, disconnected, rejoining now. Also whoever pulled out that inkzooka near the beginning, you pushed the sniper back into my inkstrike lol

Ha, that happened to me yesterday, I swam into an inkstrike trying to escape a killer wail

Robotguy

Ha, that happened to me yesterday, I swam into an inkstrike trying to escape a killer wail
One of the craziest things that happened to me was an inkstrike went off behind me, someone activated a killer wail to my right, and there was a wall to my left. I couldn't move anywhere but forwards, and then someone inkzookad me while I was trying to get out of there.

Happens a lot. I usually try to do it if I have one of those specials. Like if someone on my team activates a killer wail or something, 2 secs later I'll try to activate a killer wail, inkstrike, bomb rush, etc. Try to catch someone (they're usually scattering like roaches lol). Between all of that, plus the regular shooting, you can make a decent push lol.

I tried to get the same perspective as the remodeling image.
So they added an alternate side path to the main choke point, huh? That balloon thing is in such a bad spot for the defense. That's probably a good thing though.

Also the side path exit looks significantly wider and slightly less of a death trap. EDIT: And the fence near the front had its side cut off, which should make it harder to get trapped. Didn't notice those trees either, thanks backlot. Those are probably what the circles on the map are.

And I return to Splatoon finally. New map and weapons, oh my!
I think I ran into just now, can't remember if it was ranked or turf, but I remember your name. I omly stayed for 1 game as I had to change clothes.

After 4 sea snails, I give up trying to get 3 Special Charge Up Subs on the Takoroga Rugby...

Then, I somehow get this after 1 try to get 3 Swim Speed Ups on the Krak-On Choco Logs

Time to try another shirt with Quick Respawn Main I guess.
heh the same happened to me as I was about to roll "the perfect" build. My problem is that the combination of the 6 abilities I want can only found on one set of gear(when talking brands that favor my abilities), so i'm kinda forced to reroll a comeback with 3 quick jump subs :(

Holy fuck am I playing hella poorly right now.
always fun to play with you Jeff. We almost climbed to the top of moray. Also that suction bomb when I was trying to front you from the box XD

Geg

It looks like the center area between the two raised platforms is smaller too. I wonder what this means for splat zones? Maybe there will be two now, one on each side

Burnburn

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I haven't been up to date with the thread lately. When the August update comes around I'd love it if there'd be a GAF tourney. First off all, has someone already proposed this idea and want to host the tournament? If not I would love to host it. Second, since it's always teams of 4 I figure it would be hard to get a lot of teams, although 4-8 teams would already be enough for a tournament. I'd like to see if there is enough interest for it, so if you're interested leave me a reply!

Sendou and I will probably team up (if his schedule is open for it), so we probably will need 2 more people for a team.

RedFyn

Just got back to A+ off a 23-8 win in overtime on port. We took the tower back with a few seconds left and rode it down from our half of the map to theirs. They almost won when they killed the rest of my team but I hopped on the tower and threw my killer wail down the spawn alley, picking up a double and winning the match.

I love this game.

Private Battle: Two to eight friends can battle together in customizable matches. Private Battle also allows players to hold small-scale custom tournaments using up to 8 Wii U consoles and games on a single Internet connection.

This kinda sounds like LAN play.

Vecks

I tried to get the same perspective as the remodeling image.

Hmm. Can't really tell what's going on up top. Maybe a fence/grate for squidding through? Also, with the same perspective, even though it's hard to get much of a view, the middle area looks larger/more open.

Robotguy

Yeah, I have tenacity glasses with 3 damage ups as subs. IIRC, none of the tenacity head gears have an affinity for damage up.
I think the odds of rolling that are something like 1/4500. Congrats.

Looks like they moved the trees into the center area. I wonder what made them redesign the stage?
It's very campable. If you're playing against a decent team, especially one with a good charger trying to take back the middle can be hell once you've lost it.
It seems to be one of the least liked stages in the game for this reason.

Ninja Dom

Hi guys, I just got the game and playing for the first time today.

I read there is a 1 player mode (Hero mode) but I can't find it. Any ideas?

This kinda sounds like LAN play.
IIRC at least a couple games have it so that if the game detects that everybody's on the same LAN then even though you still need an internet connection, the game will switch to LAN for the actual gameplay because hey why not?

Sounds like they could be doing a similar thing here.

Just played a match of Turf War where six of the eight players were just morphing into squids and not attempting to win. Like...they'd meet in the middle of Moray Towers, and then just rapidly smash the left trigger on their gamepad.

Suffice it to say, my team won with 36% of the map covered against their 25%. Never experienced something like that ever.

Heng

Look for the sleeping cat in the plaza. To the right, is some old guy peeking out of the sewers. Swim into it to get to single player mode.

Robotguy

Find the old guy in the man hole, to the right of the cat in the plaza. Also, there are icons for everything in the plaza on the gamepad screen that you can click on instead of actually walking around everywhere. I think the single player one says "Octovalley".

Just played a match of Turf War where six of the eight players were just morphing into squids and not attempting to win. Like...they'd meet in the middle of Moray Towers, and then just rapidly smash the left trigger on their gamepad.

Suffice it to say, my team won with 36% of the map covered against their 25%. Never experienced something like that ever.

Lmao

I saw a video like that on tumblr

phanphare

Banned

they might have been friends trying to capture some footage for something

flop flop

Top Bottom