• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

DooD1234

Can anyone give me advice how to use chargers efficiently? I have trouble inking the ground and once my enemy get close to me, I'm essentially done for. Also terrible at judging how far a charger can travel. I'm interested in the weapon but tired of feeling like dead weight.

_Isaac

Can anyone give me advice how to use chargers efficiently? I have trouble inking the ground and once my enemy get close to me, I'm essentially done for. Also terrible at judging how far a charger can travel. I'm interested in the weapon but tired of feeling like dead weight.

I'm not good at it either, but I sometims forget you don't have to charge it all the way to shoot. If someone's close to you, you can shoot mini charged shots

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
More like "wow I'm glad we still have someone at the bottom! We could've won if we paid attention to it!" :p

Also me and Skies dogfights are too real.

It seems like you and I were the only ones that even cared enough to try and cover the bottom of the rig at saltspray lol

Fandangox

I don't use chargers, but you can try out the weapon at the weapon shot and it will take you to a map with some distance lines and target practice dolls so you can see measure the distance and strength of each weapon.

ryechu

hide the laser, practice twitch aiming. know where to shoot from. Dont camp. If you are killing ppl, it should be peekabo or a scrolling cursor. If you have time to mentally register the X you are doing it wrong.

Azure J

Wtf why. I don't get it.

Azure why are you always in the way of my shots? lol

Them things got homing and flash step I swear. One second, coast is clear, next thing you know as many shots as can possibly hit something fall on my head while you come out of nowhere on some Dieminion entrance at CEO shit.

Grakl

Camping is fine if you're a good shot and the enemies aren't harassing you bad -- just make sure you hit them.

What charger are you using? I don't have any problem inking ground with the kelp splatterscope. Getaways are difficult, but it's really about juking around corners and using your sub weapon effectively.

If someone is close to you, unless you're real good you're probably going to be dead. Remember you don't have to charge shots all the way to get kills though -- it's not the hardest to get kills in close range as long as you learn how much you need to charge and when. Just get a feel playing in normals.

Your shots are thinner the less charged they are, so it'll be harder to hit. Just a note.

You can also see how much damage you do at different charges on training dummies. I think it's useful. If you're not sure how far a charger can travel, then use training mode to see that as well. If you play more it'll become second nature.

Make sure to use your sub well, no matter what sub it is. Each charger has a useful sub for different things.

Also, whenever I get kills I'm never pointjng at the player -- I am always pointing away, and then I twitch the cursor to them, then shoot. Because you have a lazer you don't want people knowing that you're aiming at them.

If you're not using gyro, use it.

J@hranimo

Banned
Them things got homing and flash step I swear. One second, coast is clear, next thing you know as many shots as can possibly hit something fall on my head while you come out of nowhere on some Dieminion entrance at CEO shit.

Haha I was just feeling it. You gotta be on point with these inferior weapon loadouts! At least it wasn't like getting ninja'd by Red's wall of pain
t
from his roller. True salt >,>

I backed out to cash out from Judd before map swap. I'll jump back when in a minute.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So I'm still not sure what happens on Splatfest. Honestly I've been busy and haven't been following the news but do we get matchmaking for that one day alone? I picked Team Dogs but still not sure exactly what that means.

And when is the exact date we get matchmaking? That's when Splatoon officially enters the competitive gaming scene. It's already there but that's when more casuals will pick up Splatoon.

We got some really good players on SplatoonGAF. If we start matchmaking and setting up teams it could propel us into the competitive MLG scene, IMO and Splatoon is heading there anyways.

Grakl

So I'm still not sure what happens on Splatfest. Honestly I've been busy and haven't been following the news but do we get matchmaking for that one day alone? I picked Team Dogs but still not sure exactly what that means.

And when is the exact date we get matchmaking? That's when Splatoon officially enters the competitive gaming scene. It's already there but that's when more casuals will pick up Splatoon.

We got some really good players on SplatoonGAF. If we start matchmaking and setting up teams it could propel us into the competitive MLG scene, IMO and Splatoon is heading there anyways.
For Splatfest, it's actually a regional thing where you'll get matched against people on Team Cat.

Pretty sure we don't have a date for matchmaking. Just August.

DooD1234

Camping is fine if you're a good shot and the enemies aren't harassing you bad -- just make sure you hit them.

What charger are you using? I don't have any problem inking ground with the kelp splatterscope. Getaways are difficult, but it's really about juking around corners and using your sub weapon effectively.

If someone is close to you, unless you're real good you're probably going to be dead. Remember you don't have to charge shots all the way to get kills though -- it's not the hardest to get kills in close range as long as you learn how much you need to charge and when. Just get a feel playing in normals.

Your shots are thinner the less charged they are, so it'll be harder to hit. Just a note.

You can also see how much damage you do at different charges on training dummies. I think it's useful. If you're not sure how far a charger can travel, then use training mode to see that as well. If you play more it'll become second nature.

Make sure to use your sub well, no matter what sub it is. Each charger has a useful sub for different things.

Also, whenever I get kills I'm never pointjng at the player -- I am always pointing away, and then I twitch the cursor to them, then shoot. Because you have a lazer you don't want people knowing that you're aiming at them.

If you're not using gyro, use it.
Thanks for the sound advice. Did not know opponents could see my laser which explains why they squidding away as I'm about to hit them. The charger I'm using is the spatterscope with the splat bombs sub and rush special. Chargers feel terrible for turf war but seem more useful in ranked modes.

J@hranimo

Banned
BREAKING NEWS! Happy Splatfest Eve! :D

Underpass and Skatepark for Turf Wars

Rig and Port for Tower Control (Ranked)

Edit: Actually we got Tower Control back! Good shit.

Grakl

Thanks for the sound advice. Did not know opponents could see my laser which explains why they squidding away as I'm about to hit them. The charger I'm using is the spatterscope with the splat bombs sub and rush special. Chargers feel terrible for turf war but seem more useful in ranked modes.
Yup yup. I actually use the kelp splatterscope in every mode -- I think it's strong in every mode, and strong on most maps. Once you get it down you'll be getting a significant number of turf inked for turf war, believe it or not. Very fun weapon.

Geg

Tower Control's back. Get ready to never be able to play certain ranked modes once all three are in rotation

Zero²

One thing I learnt that sometimes the best thing to win a firefight is to back down, get some space and go at it from a different angle. Works like a charm with the .52 haha

RagnarokX

Did you splat him with a Squiffer as he was doing his Jump from Blackbelly Tower kill? If not, there's no comparison. =D

I was using my trusty splattershot pro. He jumped from the tallest stack of crates at the top of saltspray rig with his roller and I lit him up. Seemed like time slowed down.

ryechu

splatterscope is the shit for all modes. With the scoped weapons I usually swing upwards and diagonally. and release when the cursor is over. With a few dmg ups you dont really have to worry about burying the laser in the wall because as long as you are quick with it, by the time people notice they are dead. That or everyone has been allowing me to snipe them.

I usually see someone coming into range. I start charging low and i like half parabola up to them and release at like 70-100 percent charge

This is differnet than using nonscoped in which i precharge in front of a wall or into a ledge and hop, jerk mid air to surpise and shoot.

Top Bottom