• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Azure J

Man, I'm so freaking salty right now. Lost 80 points and went down to A+ 19 points. Got mixed up with a bunch of headless chickens chasing enemies, not inking the Splat Zone and jumping right into their death every time. My new rule for Ranked: If I loose 3 consecutive matches, it's time to play Turf Wars.

Congrats. A-zone ist not far away now.

Grats, and now you're in B+/A- hell

Not looking forward to the day that I take the plunge and try to get above B+. :lol

Also holy shit that push was real @DaBoss

At first I thought you meant playing against squiffers as a training tool for going against chargers up close

Because yeah I like going up against squiffers, most of the time they're easy targets

I was trying to post a response to this when the site went haywire.

Yes, most Squiffers don't know what to do. But have you played against the ones that do?

By the way, I played horrible last night. =( And who survives 5 Dual Squelcher shots with no down time?

Rran

The more I play it, I'm starting to think Tower Control is my favorite mode :O Never really messed w/ blasters or chargers in Turf War (and nothing can save me in Splat Zone), so it's really opened up some new approaches for combat. Really excited to see what else the game has in store this summer...

Geg

I was trying to post a response to this when the site went haywire.

Yes, most Squiffers don't know what to do. But have you played against the ones that do?

Occasionally, one guy I remember playing against on ranked a while back was really sneaky because he understood that my weapon outranged him. The ones that don't tend to just stand there and let me splat them

Grakl

I feel like Splatoon does matchmaking by your weapon, not by you as a player.

So, turf inked with your weapon, or K/D with your weapon. Just anecdotal, but switching weapons always puts me with worse players.

Geg

Wait, I'm not playing right now but I checked right after the map rotation two hours ago and splatzones was up. Has it changed to tower control already?

So what weapons benefit from Damage Up? Other than Chargers. Can I reduce the number of hits needed to kill with a Gal or the Zapper or something?

Grakl

So what weapons benefit from Damage Up? Other than Chargers. Can I reduce the number of hits needed to kill with a Gal or the Zapper or something?
No, but .52 gal with damage up negates defense up, which would increase shots to kill by one.

Blasters cannuse damage up to increase the range for a OHKO.

Just keep losing rank....And ending with a com error.
Just great. At least gaf is back.

Also. Saw someone with a username ending in "GAF" . He came in last.

No, but .52 gal with damage up negates defense up, which would increase shots to kill by one.

Blasters cannuse damage up to increase the range for a OHKO.

Does it have to be main or can it be a sub ability?

chargers, blasters, rollers (not including Squiffers, and Rapid Blaster has a hard cap at 99.9 damage)

Bleh, I usually use splattershot variants :( I guess I'll keep one around if I ever go back to charger.

Maybe I'll reroll my Dog shirt because it has Damage Up and will probably not be that useful to me.

depward

Several days ago, I would win more than I would lose. Including an incredible ranked win streak that propelled me to upper B rank.

Since? I swear I've been partnered with young children. Consistently at the top of the leaderboard for my team and I maybe win 1 out of every 10 that I played. Ranked or not - it doesn't matter.

I have NO idea why this is happening to meeeeeeeee

Vecks

Lose a match, get -12, win and get 10? .-. i am confused

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it depends on the ranks of the players on the teams.
If your team is lower rank than other team, you'll get more points if you win and lose less, and vice versa.

thefro

got up to Level 20 finally and B- rank this morning. Splatfest Shirt has all the perks unlocked.

Kinda surprised at how good the OG Splattershot is in Splat Zones. Was killing it with that in Warehouse/Depot.

Vecks

Don't know if you care about sub weapons, but all bombs will benefit since the splash damage will be higher. Burst bomb benefits a lot I think since it goes from 3 direct hits to 2.

Don't know if you care about sub weapons, but all bombs will benefit since the splash damage will be higher. Burst bomb benefits a lot I think since it goes from 3 direct hits to 2.

I DO care. Making it two hits might actually make burst bombs viable for me. Hmmm.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got a chance to play Tower Control this morning. I like it more than splatzones. It can be chaotic, but the tower moving at least mixes up where the point of focus on the map is over the course of a match. 19-6 in a win was my best K/D round in any mode so far.

I still prefer Turf Wars though.

Gizuko

So, those are the uses for Damage Up, but what about Defense Up? Can it increase HTK? Or does it only negate DMGUP?

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it depends on the ranks of the players on the teams.
If your team is lower rank than other team, you'll get more points if you win and lose less, and vice versa.

I forgot that was a thing. And well there went my money. Spent it on a re-roll and adding 3 slots.

Rize_21

Are you all playing ranked ? trying to join Guysloth's room but I keep getting disconnected.
e: waiting in the lobby nevermind.

Top Bottom