• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

DooD1234

splatterscope is the shit for all modes. With the scoped weapons I usually swing upwards and diagonally. and release when the cursor is over. With a few dmg ups you dont really have to worry about burying the laser in the wall because as long as you are quick with it, by the time people notice they are dead. That or everyone has been allowing me to snipe them.

I usually see someone coming into range. I start charging low and i like half parabola up to them and release at like 70-100 percent charge

This is differnet than using nonscoped in which i precharge in front of a wall or into a ledge and hop, jerk mid air to surpise and shoot.
How do you feel about squiffers? Tried it but felt it lacking and the lack of range doesn't seem worth it. A scope weapon that pretty much travels as far as any midrange weapon with better rapid fire.

ryechu

How do you feel about squiffers? Tried it but felt it lacking and the lack of range doesn't seem worth it. A scope weapon that pretty much travels as far as any midrange weapon with better rapid fire.

I like em. But i wouldnt start with them. Using a squiffer is more like a subset of the skills you need with an eliter and charger. With like one dmg up, other chargers become squiffers that can decide to charge longer. I think they are outclassed, but in turf wars they are good because they have a much wider spread of ink. I usually paint 800 or so points with squiffer.

Scopes have slightly longer ranged than the unscoped. I just prefer them because i can get consecutive kills with them a lot easier. With the unscoped versions i get a few snipes but i often let people through my perimeter.

I was using my trusty splattershot pro. He jumped from the tallest stack of crates at the top of saltspray rig with his roller and I lit him up. Seemed like time slowed down.

Did it feel something like this?

4BecKvjl.jpg

I like Squiffers as a training tool for CQC Charger play. They don't require Damage Ups to OHKO, but they can't take advantage of the perk, so yeah. They're fun IMO.

Geg

Ahaha, Killer Wail'd three guys simultaneously who were coming through the choke point in urchin underpass right as the effect of their bubbler was wearing off. You just have to do some celebratory squidkidding after something like that

Heng

I like Squiffers as a training tool for CQC Charger play. They don't require Damage Ups to OHKO, but they can't take advantage of the perk, so yeah. They're fun IMO.
For an even better practice with CQC, play a blaster and let people get under your blaster range. It's hit them or die. I think that's how I got decent at fast aiming when they're real close.

Geg

At first I thought you meant playing against squiffers as a training tool for going against chargers up close

Because yeah I like going up against squiffers, most of the time they're easy targets

Malus

So no new map/update? :(

Anyways, I don't know what it is but Tower Control is my jam. I was stuck in B+/A- purgatory and than suddenly I skyrocketed to A+ with the new mode addition. Using the vanilla .52 gal for superior dps and Wall/Wail tower clearing combo.

Azure J

Damn I really forgot how much I enjoyed the silver Aerospray. All these Inkzooka multikills though. Shoutouts to that three player kill at the near end of that Port Mackerel match with Ragnarok.

Oh yeah, also:

Rb2PnwO.jpg

B FUCKING PLUS AT LAST

Vecks

So no new map/update? :(

Anyways, I don't know what it is but Tower Control is my jam. I was stuck in B+/A- purgatory and than suddenly I skyrocketed to A+ with the new mode addition. Using the vanilla .52 gal for superior dps and Wall/Wail tower clearing combo.

I switched to the .52 as well. The wall is really good for keeping up the pressure on the tower.

Geg

Damn I really forgot how much I enjoyed the silver Aerospray. All these Inkzooka multikills though. Shoutouts to that three player kill at the near end of that Port Mackerel match with Ragnarok.

Oh yeah, also:

Rb2PnwO.jpg

B FUCKING PLUS AT LAST

Congrats on escaping hell! Hopefully I'll be there myself shortly

GWX

Just saw that I'm in the wall of shame this time :)

Spent the week away from Splatoon (and gaming in general, apart for some Binding of Isaac for fun - or frustration)... I need to get back on with you guys!

nom

Has anyone set up a Trading Post (mainly for equipment with a good triple sub ability)?

I was thinking a google doc where we can put in any equipment we have that's worthwhile and people can then message them to play a game with that equipment.

Jesus, I just got back to B+ and already hit a 3 game losing streak =/

*edit: and booted again. WTF *5 game losing streak. Shoulda quit when I was ahead.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I spend my time getting to halfway through B+ before hitting a massive losing streak, bring me down to B, and working my way up to B+ again. Every. Single. Day.

Grakl

Oh yeah, also:

Rb2PnwO.jpg

B FUCKING PLUS AT LAST
Grats, and now you're in B+/A- hell

69wpm

Man, I'm so freaking salty right now. Lost 80 points and went down to A+ 19 points. Got mixed up with a bunch of headless chickens chasing enemies, not inking the Splat Zone and jumping right into their death every time. My new rule for Ranked: If I loose 3 consecutive matches, it's time to play Turf Wars.

Oh yeah, also:

Rb2PnwO.jpg

B FUCKING PLUS AT LAST

Congrats. A-zone ist not far away now.

Top Bottom