• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Jintor

When you complete any of the first 3 challenge rows.

nah brah i'm talkin bout dis

tumblr_no8qvw00PH1rnx5rho1_400.png

make it happen

God, I cannot wait for those datamined Nozzlenose variations. I really love the accurate burst fire aspect for Tower Control, and when I do well with it it feels incredible. But that damage is soooo unfortunate, and while disruptors are cool, they're not always the best choice.

Crisium

Crisium you know what they say about trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. :p

I know, but the only alternative is to just never engage you. It's truly a hard counter. The kill on warehouse when I was chasing you up the ramp - you didnt even turn around and I wasnt even touching you and you killed me. Lag I guess?

Azure J

when are my amiibos gonna unlock character gear in splatoon, nintendo

when

WHEEEENNNNNNN

I was having a conversation with Hot Coldman on twitter about a piece of fan art depicting an Inkling with Bowser Jr.'s face mask and thought about how it'd be rad to have simple things like that as nods to other Nintendo franchises without going too HAM or full tacky with things like a full Mario suit or Link suit.

Totakeke

I know, but the only alternative is to just never engage you. It's truly a hard counter. The kill on warehouse when I was chasing you up the ramp - you didnt even turn around and I wasnt even touching you and you killed me. Lag I guess?

I did turn around at the very last second, but I was surprised myself.

Azure J

As a new player i've been hesitant to use the inkbrush in ranked play, but it was surprisingly good in splat zones on Blackbelly Skatepark. Its easy to ambush people as they're fixated on holding zones. The map is so open, it was easy to get the jump on people. Camp Triggerfish took some time to learn, though the inkbrush is definitely not the ideal weapon without a solid team to support. It helped put me over the C+ rank for the first time. The emphasis on speed, movement and stealth was a refreshing way to play. Should be interesting to see how it holds up on different maps and higher ranks. Oh and tower control, not sure how effective the inkbrush will be with that mode.

The scary part is I played for the whole 4 hour rotation and saw only ONE other inkbrush. Its not very popular, but at least you never have to worry about getting stuck on a team full of rollers/brushes like in turf war

As an Inkbrush main/fan, it pretty much stops being a factor outside of Splat Zones around B+ and is widely considered bad for Tower Control so you might run into it far less soften at that point. It's still my favorite weapon in the game free and I do hope that there will be a strong position for it over its younger brother, the Octobrush.

VICI0US

finally got around to adding myself to the spreadsheet.

my NNID is keenmachlne (the "i" is a lowercase "L"), I play mostly chargers and the splattershot if anyone would like to send friend requests over

RedFyn

Thanks for posting the maps.

my NNID is keenmachlne (the "i" is a lowercase "L"), I play mostly chargers and the splattershot if anyone would like to send friend requests over
If you'd like send me a request and I'll add you when I get home.

Jims

A lot of good Japanese players on tonight. Barely saw any English names, even around 9 PM Eastern.

(Are Disruptors the new meta? Or are they just really good for Port Mackerel and Bluefin? Saw a whole bunch of them tonight.)

Mellopillow

Neo Member

So does anyone on Gaf have room for another player? My NNID is Josh5890

I sent a request to both of you, my Mii name on there is Emil

Btw vicious, awesome little king's story profile pic lol

bomma_man

Aw man. Turns out the GamePad is too delicate to violently peg at the floor.i probably needed to take a break if it was getting to that point anyway...

Robotguy

A lot of good Japanese players on tonight. Barely saw any English names, even around 9 PM Eastern.

(Are Disruptors the new meta? Or are they just really good for Port Mackerel and Bluefin? Saw a whole bunch of them tonight.)
I haven't noticed anyone having a preference for disruptors on those stages.

WALKMAN04

I sent a request to both of you, my Mii name on there is Emil

Btw vicious, awesome little king's story profile pic lol
I may be mistaken, but I think that's a picture in the actual game like one you can hang up in your castle.

For some reason I keep getting stuck in like one pixel of ink this session lol

Africanus

Worst moment in Splatoon tower control just happened.

My team is on the final stretch of the tower run in Kelp Dome, 30 meters away and counting.

We're down to 3 players, one died taking out three of the enemy.

I finally build up my bubble shield special, ready to protect my other two teammates on the tower. But just as I go to click the right trigger, splat! The lone enemy stood atop a ramp, Inkazooka in hand, took out my two teammates before I could react. I shielded in time and was knocked far back.

That move cost us the game.

Jims

I haven't noticed anyone having a preference for disruptors on those stages.

Me neither... Might've just been a fluke. I could see them being good on Bluefin, though, throwing them down below. Saw one guy basically just do hallway patrol with 'em on the Port. Barely ever approached, but just went back and forth chucking them out there until he hit someone.

Saro

Quoting myself from the update thread:

Any news about moving a splatoon save or data to another console? I share the Wii U with my brother so neither of us wants to start all over again on a second Wii U just to play together.

Robotguy

Me neither... Might've just been a fluke. I could see them being good on Bluefin, though, throwing them down below. Saw one guy basically just do hallway patrol with 'em on the Port. Barely ever approached, but just went back and forth chucking them out there until he hit someone.
Yeah, they can be pretty powerful in the hallways in Port.

Jims

I kinda wish Super Mario Maker was coming out in October. I want another month of the Splatoon update before that other game starts to distract me!

August is probably going to be a really active month.

Azure J

Yo I'm watching the VoD of the stream earlier trying to highlight the best moments and I just got up to [name redacted]'s segment and holy shit I'm crying from laughter realizing they were doing that thing the whole match. lmao

Top Bottom