• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

I have struggled with aiming in pretty much all shooters I've played, it's just not a strong point with me (even with the extra help of motion control). That's part of the reason I mostly play mid-range guns (Tentatek Splattershot, .52 Gal) or lately the Octobrush. I've never even tried a charger, although I want to someday (I would just feel bad about contributing a loss to my team, lol).

Yep, same here. I'm garbage at aiming. I've avoided shooters at all cost, until Splatoon. I play the Squelchers in hopes that I can pick off at a distance anyone aiming back at me.

Marcus

Almost forgot to post this Splatoon poster that I bought at Otakon 2015 this weekend. So good!

IMG_20150727_202204.jpg

Just me and E Money, feel free to join though.
I was just grinding to fill in some of my slots, but then you and a non-GAFer friend both showed up at the same time, and I actually had to start trying! It's cool though, I needed that... (a reason to start trying, that is...)

Totakeke

I was just grinding to fill in some of my slots, but then you and a non-GAFer friend both showed up at the same time, and I actually had to start trying! It's cool though, I needed that... (a reason to start trying, that is...)

Haha, the randoms in your lobby is pretty blah. :p

As a roller flicking is your best friend, especially as a dynamo
Yep. I need to get better at it. The Dynamo seems to have a pretty big lag and I haven't got the timing down to anticipate when to do it. I know it works though since people kill me with it all the time :D

Tried to rejoin but the room might have filled up now... Oops.

Severance

As a new player i've been hesitant to use the inkbrush in ranked play, but it was surprisingly good in splat zones on Blackbelly Skatepark. Its easy to ambush people as they're fixated on holding zones. The map is so open, it was easy to get the jump on people. Camp Triggerfish took some time to learn, though the inkbrush is definitely not the ideal weapon without a solid team to support. It helped put me over the C+ rank for the first time. The emphasis on speed, movement and stealth was a refreshing way to play. Should be interesting to see how it holds up on different maps and higher ranks. Oh and tower control, not sure how effective the inkbrush will be with that mode.

The scary part is I played for the whole 4 hour rotation and saw only ONE other inkbrush. Its not very popular, but at least you never have to worry about getting stuck on a team full of rollers/brushes like in turf war

Top Bottom