• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

If anyone wants to add me to a team, then go ahead. I'm not actively looking for one though.

Dunno if it happened to you, but getting to B+ 94 and then going on a straight losing streak all the way down to B 60 hurt haaaaaaard. I could go EZ mode roller or gun, but I want to get there with a Charger. I just had incompetent teammates all the way to B 60. That's not to say that I didn't mess up at all, but still.

Malus

Jesus. This is just the laggiest, most disconnection-ridden game I've ever played. It's a shame because I really do love this game outside of that.

Violet_0

Banned
A+ 99 Boys, I made it.

Now to never play ranked again. :p

congrats. That's what I said too, except that I didn't manage to stay away for long lol

I'm surprised you're not A rank yet Blue, your skill level is certainly high enough. Let's rank up together when Squad Battles is out

You've seen me play charger? I thought I'd only played in ranked.
I've only seen it once. I even mentioned it in the first OT IIRC. How often do you use it in ranked?

congrats. That's what I said too, except that I didn't manage to stay away for long lol

I'm surprised you're not A rank yet Blue, your skill level is certainly high enough. Let's rank up together when Squad Battles is out

I don't play ranked often. When I do, I often get teamed up with headless chickens or with people that I have no synergy with. Maybe 5% of my playtime is from ranked.

Robotguy

I'll actually still be playing. Have to get practice for tower control and zones for custom lobbies when they launch.

Violet_0

Banned
I don't play ranked often. When I do, I often get teamed up with headless chickens or with people that I have no synergy with. Maybe 5% of my playtime is from ranked.

carrying a team of headless chicken to victory is what ranked is all about^^
getting the right rotation certainly also helps

Exentryk

Joining you RedFyn.

Does anyone know how to skip that intro from those inkling hosts? Or skip the talk from store owners? So annoying.

RedFyn

Robot, when you use your echo locator I can see where you're hiding.

I've only seen it once. I even mentioned it in the first OT IIRC. How often do you use it in ranked?
I don't. I tried it out once, did decent and put it away. It's funny, I'm normally a big fan of sniping. I just haven't even given it a shot in this game.

Robotguy

Robot, when you use your echo locator I can see where you're hiding.

I don't. I tried it out once, did decent and put it away. It's funny, I'm normally a big fan of sniping. I just haven't even given it a shot in this game.
So, the activation sphere is visible to the other team?
How did I not know this?

Azure J

Dunno if it happened to you, but getting to B+ 94 and then going on a straight losing streak all the way down to B 60 hurt haaaaaaard. I could go EZ mode roller or gun, but I want to get there with a Charger. I just had incompetent teammates all the way to B 60. That's not to say that I didn't mess up at all, but still.

I was recently A- 80, dropped to A- 30 and put ranked on indefinite hiatus, came back and went up to A- 50 before a plummet to B with 0 points. You read that correctly. Tonight's session was literally a continuation of yesterday's where I made it from B 10 to A- 28 and decided to once again push to A. I got close though, with A- 84 being my personal best currently, but I cashed out after a weird set of matches left me with A- 60. It's harder to get rank ups when you drop below 50 points imo.

With that said, after a long series of ranked tonight, I present to you my favorite moment from it all: Battle In The (Booyah) Base

I also HEAVILY recommend that you all follow the instructions on the video itself for maximum dramatic effect.

RedFyn

Haha, didn't realize it was that close.

Red, I'll have you know that I risked my ass in the last match we had together on skatepark to go for a totally unsafe kill on a sniper that you decided to superjump right infront of.
I had faith my team would come through for me.

Robotguy

I was recently A- 80, dropped to A- 30 and put ranked on indefinite hiatus, came back and went up to A- 50 before a plummet to B with 0 points. You read that correctly. Tonight's session was literally a continuation of yesterday's where I made it from B 10 to A- 28 and decided to once again push to A. I got close though, with A- 84 being my personal best currently, but I cashed out after a weird set of matches left me with A- 60. It's harder to get rank ups when you drop below 50 points imo.

With that said, after a long series of ranked tonight, I present to you my favorite moment from it all: Battle In The (Booyah) Base

I also HEAVILY recommend that you all follow the instructions on the video itself for maximum dramatic effect.
That's nuts dude.
Edit: lolol that +8 after the second match.

man what if they change that to 50
Pretty confident they won't. Wouldn't be fair to any new players.

Top Bottom