• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Crayolan

Nintendo updated their million sellers list. Splatoon is now the 7th best selling Wii U game with 1.62m units sold as of June 30th.

Remember it broke 1m only around 2 weeks before that, so it might be closing in on 2m already.

These maps are getting boring now. Do they change every hour?

They change every 4 hours. Next change is 2 hours from the time of this post.

Yeah, 4 hours is a lot. Hopefully this new DLC with its private rooms lets us choose the maps too.

It does.

Gattuso

watching people on the same team fall into the gaps in moray towers is kinda funny but at the same time really awful and does not help at all lol

RedFyn

Sorry guys. That loss is on me. I was messing around too much

I may or may not have accidentally posted in the first OT.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1052496&page=303

Here's the comment, Red. It's at the bottom and continues into the next page. Yes, I actually looked for it. It was like reading through a diary.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1052496&page=335

And this has the start of me basically challenging Red for the Roller King of the Day. The next page also features a comment from Skies that I won't forget anytime soon. =D
I don't know what your talking about. I was using a chrager

trying to get away from that death roller red is hard :p
Use your range. I'm also handicapping myself by not spawn camping or using my sub and special

Rize_21

Sorry, got hit by a triple error communications, was expected as it took a good second, if not a little bit more to activate the bubble on the teammates, and with the ink that didn't show up.

I wonder if the bubbler takes a good avantage with special duration up as main skill, I'll keep it with the splattershot jr. , might add some quick super jump too to activate it for some teammates.

I don't know what your talking about. I was using a chrager

I'm dying here lol.

I feel that these 2 comics deserve a place in OT3.

CGh11nVU8AAhj-E.png:large

RedFyn

sprinkler, which seems okay for certain situations but I feel like they're to easy to get rid of quickly to do much
They're actually really effective at zoning out a roller. You might try the black nzap. I prefer its kit over the orange one.

It can be tough fighting a good roller but you'll learn how. Most of GAF still struggles when they use short range weapons.

Its the orange one blue

RedFyn

Exentryk is the roller you main and are you using gyro?

You might also try a longer range weapon like the duel squelcher gattuso

Exentryk

I am using analong stick and I can only play the roller. Absolutely suck at aiming and shooting haha.

Btw, I can't see you guys online so am just in a random room.

RedFyn

I am using analong stick and I can only play the roller. Absolutely suck at aiming and shooting haha.

Btw, I can't see you guys online so am just in a random room.
I'm done for the night.

Have you tried the gyro? It should help you with your aim once you get the hang of it.

Gattuso

I was online but my router blew up just now and doesn't seem to wamt to come back on for the moment so I guess I'll head to bed since it's almost 3 am here anyway.

yeah that's the one.

will see if I fair better with the '85 instead of that one.

Like Red suggests, you might have luck with the Dual Squelcher vs him. It even comes with Splat Bombs, which he willingly stays near when he's tired. =P If not, just play really smart. He's aggressive, but isn't stupid. If certain approaches stop working for him, he will change it up. He's also good at getting multikills, so be careful about that.

Yeah, Red's Roller is infamous around SplatGAF, just like my bomb spam, though that's slightly less infamous. =P You gotta stay hyper aware. He usually packs Ninja Squid, which makes him a more lethal shark. Study his movements and learn to adapt to them.

correojon

GGs all!

I did try it at the start, and didn't like it. Giving a try again now.

I switched the sensitivity all the way up when trying the Dynamo Roller (using gyro controls) and it´s awesome how easy it´s become to make 180º jump kills. Stick with them for a couple of days and you won´t want to back to dual sticks.

Exentryk

I switched the sensitivity all the way up when trying the Dynamo Roller (using gyro controls) and it´s awesome how easy it´s become to make 180º jump kills. Stick with them for a couple of days and you won´t want to back to dual sticks.

Thanks for that tip. I turned down the camera sensitivity when I first started, but now I should raise it up a little. Works the same with the sticks. I am just not a fan of motion with having to move around the gamepad >_>

correojon

Thanks for that tip. I turned down the camera sensitivity when I first started, but now I should raise it up a little. Works the same with the sticks. I am just not a fan of motion with having to move around the gamepad >_>

I have only tried it with Rollers, maybe rising sensitivity isn´t a good idea if you use a shooter-type weapon where more careful aim is needed, but I read you were using a Roller so it should help you.

Oh and you don´t have to move around the gamepad much, just tilt it a bit to aim up or down. It´s become second nature to me and I really don´t feel like I´m moving it when I´m playing, except for those exceptional situations where you have to jump, turn and aim diagonally up/down in a moment (something I wouldn´t be able to do with sticks). Just use the right stick for horizontal aiming and tilt the gamepad for vertical aiming.

Exentryk

Oh and you don´t have to move around the gamepad much, just tilt it a bit to aim up or down. It´s become second nature to me and I really don´t feel like I´m moving it when I´m playing, except for those exceptional situations where you have to jump, turn and aim diagonally up/down in a moment (something I wouldn´t be able to do with sticks). Just use the right stick for horizontal aiming and tilt the gamepad for vertical aiming.

I don't plan to do such extravagant manoeuvres haha. Happy with just running around painting stuff. I can't shoot or aim anyway lol.

RedFyn

GGs all!

I did try it at the start, and didn't like it. Giving a try again now.

Mess with the sensitivity to find what you're comfortable with and make sure you're using the right stick in tandem with the gyro.

Like Red suggests, you might have luck with the Dual Squelcher vs him. It even comes with Splat Bombs, which he willingly stays near when he's tired. =P If not, just play really smart. He's aggressive, but isn't stupid. If certain approaches stop working for him, he will change it up. He's also good at getting multikills, so be careful about that.
Robot made me do this earlier on camp and it really bothered me. That said I don't switch things up enough and some times I do just keep running into a wall and don't try and figure out how to break through. Like on towers today. Although I guess i did figure out what I need to do, I just never got to implement it fully.

Yeah, Red's Roller is infamous around SplatGAF, just like my bomb spam, though that's slightly less infamous. =P You gotta stay hyper aware. He usually packs Ninja Squid, which makes him a more lethal shark. Study his movements and learn to adapt to them.
You underestimate the rage your bombs induce.

I'm definitely way too predictable and I'm working on fixing that, I'm also trying to break my bad habit of jumping for every attack. It's hurting my game.

taparoo

I thought my roller game was stronk, but after playing a few games with you guys I've learned, 1. Red is better, and 2. I hate, HATE squelchers, especially on moray.

I have this problem where if i get frustrated I just start throwing myself recklessly into unwinnable circumstances, and combine that with the quick respawn on my gear... leads to some bad scores haha.

noshten

watching people on the same team fall into the gaps in moray towers is kinda funny but at the same time really awful and does not help at all lol

It's a fact of life, whenever I play with a charger with a scope on Moray I fall at least once per round. Keep in mind I'm supposedly and A+ player

Anyhow my recent games learning to play with the charger has taught me one thing

9HPaZxw.jpg

Geg

I'm definitely way too predictable and I'm working on fixing that, I'm also trying to break my bad habit of jumping for every attack. It's hurting my game.

I noticed earlier this week or whenever it was we were playing on Saltspray with you on a roller it was pretty easy for me to splat you when I was defending the north areas and you were trying to invade. I think you really excel when your team has general control of the map and you're defending or hunting enemy players trying to break in

Totakeke

Wait...

Kk7FojH.jpg

Cheesemeister ‏@Cheesemeister3k · 3h3 hours ago
.@SplatoonJP BTW, Private Matches do not award points or affect your status or rank. Passwords can also be set, so you can battle buddies.

what? Sounds to me that private matches are actually more like public rooms in other multiplayer games? So we don't need to add anyone to the friend's list? But how does one search through rooms? What.

phanphare

Banned
Wait...

Kk7FojH.jpg

what? Sounds to me that private matches are actually more like public rooms in other multiplayer games? So we don't need to add anyone to the friend's list? But how does one search through rooms? What.

that's kind of cool. seems like everyone in a room won't have to have everyone else on their friend list. seems like the equivalent of the Mario Kart 8 tournaments where you have to enter a code in.

Jintor

i think pretty much every weapon excels the more room to maneuver you have. fuck man if you're on a team of four rollers though, ain't nobody gonna win that matchup unless the other team physically can't aim

hey, rank matchmaking system: don't make all roller/all charger teams mmkay

Top Bottom