• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Competitively, in splat zones, would a team composed only of .96 cal deco's be viable? Imagine four splash walls lol. Snipers on the opposing team would be effectively neutralized. Especially in small maps like Walleye

Neoxon

Casually dropped 30K on Spyke's lap, gave him a top I liked but never really did much with, and told him "Surprise me."

XqHYd8J.gif
Well damn.

Zing

Banned
I feel the 96 is similar to the Tenatek... viable in all situations, especially if playing with Japan. The lag gives you the surprise factor to splat in two hits before they can react.

I just had a funny moment in turf wars. It was a hard fought battle and we just barely won. The whole time I am saying "where is my team, I am literally doing everything myself". I didn't understand what was going on. Then after it was over, I saw the rankings. Somehow I got matched into a room of B's.

Exile20

Competitively, in splat zones, would a team composed only of .96 cal deco's be viable? Imagine four splash walls lol. Snipers on the opposing team would be effectively neutralized. Especially in small maps like Walleye

I wonder if people are going ban certain combinations when private matches happen.

Are there any combination anyone thinks will be extremely op?

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
I feel the 96 is similar to the Tenatek... viable in all situations, especially if playing with Japan. The lag gives you the surprise factor to splat in two hits before they can react.

I just had a bad experience in Walleye Warehouse (splat zones) where the opposing team had two 96 gals that probably were stacking ink saver (sub), as they were setting up splash walls left and right. I was having a hard time as a sniper. My only option was to try to sneak around, but their map control was too much lol

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Thinking about it more, splash walls can be countered by the killer wail, as well as a well-placed inkstrike. Kelp splat chargers / splatterscopes and Inkbrushes are useful in this situation because the sprinkler helps you attain the killer wail or inkstrike more quickly.

WALKMAN04

Shooting the splash wall's tank destroy it in 3 hits, snipers can't one shot it?
No it takes more than 1 with a charger.

The way I deal with them as a charger is to shoot the shot that I was probably already charging at it to lower its duration then throw burst bombs over if I'm close enough to make the enemy move out behind it. Also i think Warehouse is just a good stage for it because there isn't really a good place to snipe besides the middle so splashwalls may be more effective there

Casually dropped 30K on Spyke's lap, gave him a top I liked but never really did much with, and told him "Surprise me."

XqHYd8J.gif

Meanwhile I'm still on suicide watch over my stupidity in re-rolling my triple power-up ninja squid tee -_-

It was a lose-lose situation though since had I not re-rolled it I wouldn't have ever worn any other shirt.

Wait a second I'm confused, what the hell actually happened here. Was them taking the lead at the end actually a bug or was there some weird rule I'm not aware of? Does it count time spent standing on the tower even if it's stuck not moving?

My opinion is that it moved for the gamehost.

DaBoss

Wait a second I'm confused, what the hell actually happened here. Was them taking the lead at the end actually a bug or was there some weird rule I'm not aware of? Does it count time spent standing on the tower even if it's stuck not moving?
It was atr0cious's team that took the lead. The Tower seemed to be lagging (on his end?) so it was just stuck in that spot despite his teammates being on it. And then when the match was about to end, it turns out the tower actually moved and his team had the lead.
Only squids in my home now
That's some cool stuff.

It was a glitch, there's no way that the tower should ever be immobile like that but his team was standing on it for a long time when it was stuck. The game gave them credit at the end for that time.
It was atr0cious's team that took the lead. The Tower seemed to be lagging (on his end?) so it was just stuck in that spot despite his teammates being on it. And then when the match was about to end, it turns out the tower actually moved and his team had the lead.
Everyone seemed to be seeing the tower in the same place though. That was super weird.

Jintor

fuck this game. why can't i kill with a dual squelcher but if anyone so much as fucking brushes me i die. why anywhere i appear i get shot with concentrated fire from 4 squids at once and the rest of my team is fucking tooling around on the other side of the map. run into easy burst bombs, spot the squid trying to chill on the wall but he still somehow still gets the drop on me, murdered by random inkzooker shot, snipers hold me down for entire game when i go carbon roller, fuck fuck fuck this gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*loads up another map*

Naar

need to vent again :eek:

We actually ended up winning the match in overtime, but still the stupidity i see in this game just amazes me. This was all rank As btw

we were in splat zone and we were losing 43 - 9 and we had about 15 penalty points as well. I died and as i was respawning, my team managed to kill ALL 4 of the other team within 3 seconds and the splat zone was unclaimed and instead of inking it free of worry and getting that extra precious time we need, they instead run up to the north of the map..........

WHY?!?!?!?!?!? they left the splat zone neutral with no enemies in sight and the enemy was still respawning

I had to run up the the zone and ink it before the enemy got there, then my team decides to join me for the fight and we defended until we won in overtime....wow

this game o.o

Where did you get those awesome cushions and t-shirts from? I've seen a few on Yahoo Auctions Japan, but I don't know where they were originally sold.

Cushions are from AmiAmi, preordered months ago but just came out. I think there's a reprint planned for September.

Shirts are from EDITMODE in Japan, although I think they've stopped taking any more orders (they were overwhelmed by demand as it was)

need to vent again :eek:

We actually ended up winning the match in overtime, but still the stupidity i see in this game just amazes me. This was all rank As btw

we were in splat zone and we were losing 43 - 9 and we had about 15 penalty points as well. I died and as i was respawning, my team managed to kill ALL 4 of the other team within 3 seconds and the splat zone was unclaimed and instead of inking it free of worry and getting that extra precious time we need, they instead run up to the north of the map..........

WHY?!?!?!?!?!? they left the splat zone neutral with no enemies in sight and the enemy was still respawning

I had to run up the the zone and ink it before the enemy got there, then my team decides to join me for the fight and we defended until we won in overtime....wow

this game o.o

Was map was this?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I just played Camp Triggerfish for the first time in Splat Zones this morning. Dynamo Roller works so well on it. You can control both points and there's lots of walls to hide from chargers.

Naar

Oh. Yup that map is a pain, and in turf war nobody wants to take the north. Actually, I had a match on there this morning that was won with bombs only.

yea but there was NO ENEMIES. the enemy spawns from the side and my team went up, all 3 of them and i was respawning.

It just didnt make sense lol. i also dont like this map in splat zone

Oh. Yup that map is a pain, and in turf war nobody wants to take the north. Actually, I had a match on there this morning that was won with bombs only.

At the start of every Saltspray match I always head straight there and try to hold it down but 90% of the time no one responds to my pleas for backup and I get overrun :/

Being able to hold it down for a long time solo feels really good though :)

Zing

Banned
Oddly, I played a lot of turf war today and every single match on Saltspray was a rush and battle for the north. I was surprised. This occured over the span of hours woth different players.

You watched the end, right?

The tower would move for the opposite team when I was on the side of the tower. Unless it works only for the mini tower?

Yes, that side was actually painted. It looked like the squid hanging out there was in his own ink in his view because he appeared in an impossible way.

Nvm, that was his teammate landing on a sliver of purple ink.

Player 3 does in fact die after Atr0cious' many attempts to take down Navi (who's not Player 3). One curious thing about that video is that right before Atr0cious notices the tower got stuck, Player 4 from his team gets splatted after splatting or helping to splat the other team that was on the tower. He never respawns.

The other is the ending of that match. The green team's score read 75 to the purple's 44. Right at the end, the green team's counter jumps to 20 right as the whistle blows. That's not an effect of Player 3 staying at the side of the tower.

yea but there was NO ENEMIES. the enemy spawns from the side and my team went up, all 3 of them and i was respawning.

It just didnt make sense lol. i also dont like this map in splat zone
Well you know randoms, in that you don't know what silly-ness they'll get into without you around.
At the start of every Saltspray match I always head straight there and try to hold it down but 90% of the time no one responds to my pleas for backup and I get overrun :/

Being able to hold it down for a long time solo feels really good though :)
Happened to me the other day, got left alone and they all rushed down to the bottom spot and when I got splatted we lost the entire north.
Oddly, I played a lot of turf war today and every single match on Saltspray was a rush and battle for the north. I was surprised. This occured over the span of hours woth different players.
It's not the first rush, it's the ones to take it back once it falls to enemy hands that you're left alone to do it. Though sometimes I wonder if it's possible to bottle up the other team on the north and ink the bottom and still win?
GIMMIE RIGHT NOW!

backlot

Well you know randoms, in that you don't know what silly-ness they'll get into without you around.

Happened to me the other day, got left alone and they all rushed down to the bottom spot and when I got splatted we lost the entire north.

It's not the first rush, it's the ones to take it back once it falls to enemy hands that you're left alone to do it. Though sometimes I wonder if it's possible to bottle up the other team on the north and ink the bottom and still win?

GIMMIE RIGHT NOW!

You can win without the top area. You're going to need most of the walk ways and probably the center area too though.

Top Bottom