• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Rize_21

That Hiro gear though.

Nice showing man. :)

Haha! thanks, well I've got the fresh strip shirt from Takoroka with some nice subs too, but that firetest shirt never gets old, plus that feeling when someone pop with that in your team, you know usually things get ugly.

I don't think I'll ever be good at this game.
Use motion controls

You're from Australia so don't use a short-range gun. You'll have issues due to lag unfortunately.

Finally, when Enforced comes back, convince him to get on so you can beat up on him to make yourself feel better. :)
He's actually better at Splatoon than kart. It's adorable.

Nico_D

It's so considerate of people to line up one behind the other when I'm having a sniper rifle.

600px-IJLC-P38_shoot3guysA.jpg

Thank you.

Exentryk

GGs Justice.

Use motion controls

You're from Australia so don't use a short-range gun. You'll have issues due to lag unfortunately.

Finally, when Enforced comes back, convince him to get on so you can beat up on him to make yourself feel better. :)
He's actually better at Splatoon than kart. It's adorable.

I can only play as a roller lol.

Chimkey

I will clean up my friends list and try adding some of the more active people, give you all some target practice. I'm on most evenings although based in uk.

Jintor

yo i just realised that being able to get our own teams means we can finally set up VoIP and stuff

yo we gonna see bootleg voice chat teams?

They also seem to more clearly separate Rank and Level after level 20. (Levels is increased in Turf War, Rank is increased in Ranked Battles.)

But what do you get for winning then other then Rank up a bit? It was always a pleasure of getting a K.O. victory and those sweet extra points...otherwise it is kinda unfair especially if you can play ranked with friends in a group of 4 against some randoms, so it makes sense I guess

jariw

But what do you get for winning then other then Rank up a bit? It was always a pleasure of getting a K.O. victory and those sweet extra points...otherwise it is kinda unfair especially if you can play ranked with friends in a group of 4 against some randoms, so it makes sense I guess

You still up your gear with coins.

And AFAIK, you can't play ranked in a group against randoms. It's either group vs. group or randoms vs. randoms.

I'm finally back in the game since a few weeks. Played some of the new vertical map with the slopes and tried out some new weapons. So much to see, so much to do. *-*

Ahnez

Cross posting

ウデマエにもA+の上位に「S」「S+」が追加される。 ウデマエを上げる条件はA+以下と同じだが、維持はさらに厳しくなる。 なお、タッグマッチでの勝敗はS以上のウデマエには影響しない。 S+を目指すにはガチマッチでの勝利が必要だ。
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/626681920416387072 - first comment

Lets see if I understand/translated correctly..

If you're S or S+, ranked Squad Battle won't affect your score. Only the normal ranked mode

So.. you can't play with your team to reach the highest ranks..

what?

Totakeke

From Reddit

The level cap in this update will be raised from 20 to 50.

The difference will be that after level 20, instead of normal XP you will earn points from a point quota and victory bonus

There will be a reward every 5 levels, so try to aim high!

S and S+ ranks will be added to go beyond A+.

The fundamentals to raise your rank will remain the same, but keeping it will be all the more difficult.

It should be noted that that you won't be able to go beyond S rank with Squad Battles.

Of course, reaching S+ will require you to play Ranked Battles.

Zing

Banned
Next video is up
"Enemy counter stopped" "Your counter has been stopped"

Yikes! Europe really did get a boring localization.

LOL I remember that! I was hoping that would be a highlight. Did we ever figure out how that happened?
There is an enemy hiding on the side of the tower. The tower won't move and you can't take control while he is there. I laughed watching people in that video. No one thought to spray over the enemy ink on the one side.

Expect more of this. I was playing with it as well the past few days.

Geg

So I think I realized after yesterday's gaf matches, the ones that we weren't fucking around in at least, that I'm awful on blackbelly skatepark. Or at least I'm worse than the rest of gaf. I just can't find a strategy that works well for me and I'm always, always being ambushed by someone.

explodet

And AFAIK, you can't play ranked in a group against randoms. It's either group vs. group or randoms vs. randoms.
Good.
Groups vs. randos means blowouts too often.

One time I went and played paintball with a bunch of friends and they paired us up with the crack commando Seal Team 6 motherfuckers that played multiple times a week.

It wasn't much fun.

DaBoss

I wonder how the new EXP system will work. It probably is calculated similarly to the Splatfest EXP system. And rewards every 5 levels? I hope they're good lol.

What if someone gets to S+ and then does Squad Battles, do they still get points? Do they still lose points if they lost?
They also seem to more clearly separate Rank and Level after level 20. (Levels is increased in Turf War, Rank is increased in Ranked Battles.)
It doesn't seem like they're gonna do that. The Reddit translation would have mentioned it if that was the case.

Top Bottom