• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

At the start of every Saltspray match I always head straight there and try to hold it down but 90% of the time no one responds to my pleas for backup and I get overrun :/

Being able to hold it down for a long time solo feels really good though :)
I fought off the whole team with just my dual squelcher early this morning when I was playing. I kept saying come on and no one came. It was a miracle we won

Rize_21

"Enemy counter stopped" "Your counter has been stopped"

Yikes! Europe really did get a boring localization.

I agree... at least we have the "you have taken the lead" that is reminiscent of Quake III but that's all :(.
Uploaded the last one, nothing fancy, but here it is. (walleye again then quit as I could "feel" a communication error incoming)

Cushions are from AmiAmi, preordered months ago but just came out. I think there's a reprint planned for September.

Shirts are from EDITMODE in Japan, although I think they've stopped taking any more orders (they were overwhelmed by demand as it was)

Seems the cushion restocks are all sold out already, that's good though as if AmiAmi are stocking them then a few smaller stores I use will be able to get them too. Shame about the shirt, but I managed to find replicas on RedBubble after a bit of searching.

Nintendo's now releasing official Inkling Squid keychains.

CLIVBjqUEAEpDeJ.png
CLIVBRBUYAADhOs.png

Sigh. I need one of those for my work lanyard.

I'm letting SplatGAF decide on what weapons I can use today (No, Heng, I had already used the Rapid Blaster earlier. =P ). What weapons would you guys like to see me use?

Geg

I'm letting SplatGAF decide on what weapons I can use today (No, Heng, I had already used the Rapid Blaster earlier. =P ). What weapons would you guys like to see me use?

Splattershot Jr.

While wearing the Backwards Cap, Basic Tee, and Black Trainers.

Also you can't shoot and have to walk to the enemy's spawn.

SM239

You play charger so you must like range and accuracy. I vote for the Sploosh-o-matic. lol

SM239

I still haven't played the sploosh.

It's pretty fun because of the high movement speed. It is also a 3 shot kill with a high ROF. The range and accuracy on the thing is terrible though so rollers will usually destroy you unless you can get the jump on them. Also beacon jumping shenanigans can be fun too.

Robotguy

I should try L-3 with run speed up sometime.
Didn't really have a specific build for it last time I tried it.
My main problem with the weapon is having to press the trigger all the time. I'm too lazy for that shit.

There's only one option .....aerospray

Splattershot Jr.

While wearing the Backwards Cap, Basic Tee, and Black Trainers.

Also you can't shoot and have to walk to the enemy's spawn.

Luna Blaster is the way to go because it looks cool.

You play charger so you must like range and accuracy. I vote for the Sploosh-o-matic. lol

Splattershot Pro

luna blaster / hiro gear.

Carbon Roller, burst bombs as much as possible.

I vote L-3!

Good players with the L-3 are hard to touch. Damn Crisium and all those walk speed ups

Maybe I should give a list of weapons next time for you guys to vote on. =P While I do play the L-3 occasionally when I get bored using the Charger, I never messed with Run Speed Up gear with the L-3. But if there's any weapon I quickly dropped (not counting unused weapons), it's the Sploosh, so I'm gonna have to go with that.

I haven't played the Hiro yet, and maybe I will tonight, but this comes to mind whenever I see the "mode" being played. =P :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

I wonder how the new EXP system will work. It probably is calculated similarly to the Splatfest EXP system. And rewards every 5 levels? I hope they're good lol.

What if someone gets to S+ and then does Squad Battles, do they still get points? Do they still lose points if they lost?

It doesn't seem like they're gonna do that. The Reddit translation would have mentioned it if that was the case.
Hmm, theoretically this means one doesn't need to be using a points hoarding weapon like Aerospray RG for points farming, which I think is great. I like Custom Jet Squelcher but I'm very unlikely to go over 1k points with that in Turf Wars. At least now if I'm contributing then I'm compensated as well as anyone that is also contributing.

I feel the 96 is similar to the Tenatek... viable in all situations, especially if playing with Japan. The lag gives you the surprise factor to splat in two hits before they can react.

I just had a funny moment in turf wars. It was a hard fought battle and we just barely won. The whole time I am saying "where is my team, I am literally doing everything myself". I didn't understand what was going on. Then after it was over, I saw the rankings. Somehow I got matched into a room of B's.
The 96 Deco is definitely a very solid weapon that doesn't need Kraken. The 96 Gal is pretty monstrous by itself and Splash Wall can be used to gate off longer ranged weapons and reduce mobility. It's got some problems when facing enemies uphill however. Or at least, Splash Wall isn't really good when enemies can fire over it.

A team of 4 96 Decos would be really annoying to fight for sure. Not even Inkzooka will be effective if the 96 Deco team can consistently put up Splash Walls. But this starts falling apart on maps where verticality matters, like Moray Towers or Bluefin Depot. Splash Wall is not great on those maps, and 96 Deco doesn't charge up Kraken very fast either.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
With all due respect I don't need someone telling me to Webbeeee Squueee. I understand the importance of the match.

A Yee Yesshhh will be more than enough.

Play for 1.5 hours with no lag. Bluesilver joins, and we get lag and a communication error.

Conspiracy???

Only because I splatted you at the end. =(

I think the whole room exploded.

I'll make a new room.

Lol, my bumper brush shenanigans yesterday put me with low levels today.

Top Bottom