• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Mellopillow

Neo Member
The max rank you can get is S through Squad Battles, if I recall correctly.

s and s+ are solo exclusive.

From my understanding, squad battles doesn't give you ranking points when you're in S and S+. Meaning that once you achieve that S+ rank yourself, you won't have to worry about dropping down to a lower rank when you play in Squad Battles right? This is great actually, since I want to play with a Gaf squad against randoms without the pressure of dropping down a rank xD lol

Eh, got distracted.

If anyone still up Vecks and me is in a room.

Is anybody else in that room? I don't have you guys in my friends list

StAidan

From my understanding, squad battles doesn't give you ranking points when you're in S and S+. Meaning that once you achieve that S+ rank yourself, you won't have to worry about dropping down to a lower rank when you play in Squad Battles right? This is great actually, since I want to play with a Gaf squad against randoms without the pressure of dropping down a rank xD lol

Is anybody else in that room? I don't have you guys in my friends list

You and Greg should both be able to get in through me.

s and s+ are solo exclusive.

No. Only S+ requires you to play ranked mode alone with random opponents.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/626682164185186304
“ウデマエにもA+の上位に「S」「S+」が追加される。 ウデマエを上げる条件はA+以下と同じだが、維持はさらに厳しくなる。 なお、タッグマッチでの勝敗はS以上のウデマエには影響しない。 S+を目指すにはガチマッチでの勝利が必要だ。”

DaBoss

That Bomb Range Up gear...wow. That person sold their soul to Spyke (which is worth a lot of Super Sea Snails in the underground market).
I appreciate everyone that was watching the stream. I was having fun and didn't even get dinner. Now I'm starving lol
You really were unlucky with some of those teammates in Ranked. Especially that one guy just spamming Booyah and C'mon on your spawn pad.

So I think I realized after yesterday's gaf matches, the ones that we weren't fucking around in at least, that I'm awful on blackbelly skatepark. Or at least I'm worse than the rest of gaf. I just can't find a strategy that works well for me and I'm always, always being ambushed by someone.

Were you using a Squelcher? I don't find myself doing well on the Skatepark with a Squelcher either. I had some success today with a Carbon Roller. Too many tight spaces, not enough room for a Squelcher to get some space and pick people off.

So I think I realized after yesterday's gaf matches, the ones that we weren't fucking around in at least, that I'm awful on blackbelly skatepark. Or at least I'm worse than the rest of gaf. I just can't find a strategy that works well for me and I'm always, always being ambushed by someone.

Gotta perch like a sniper. There are a few walls and other places to take advantage of at the park with good visibility.

Totakeke

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/626949981967028224

CNmg4qq.jpg

Need moon language translators.

Violet_0

Banned
That Bomb Range Up gear...wow. That person sold their soul to Spyke (which is worth a lot of Super Sea Snails in the underground market).

that person most likely reset his save file until he rolled the right combination. You can do that for your rank as well. I'm convinced that all those Japanese players with whole sets of perfect gear got them by messing with their save file - the odds of getting one main and three subs of the same ability are just really low, and when you have three items with perfect stats ... yeah

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The Smash tournament mode update is hilariously lacking. I pray to our squid gods that the coming Splatoon update gives us something more substantial.

Mellopillow

Neo Member

Shiokarazu is the Japanese name for the squid sisters? Hmm, didn't know that xD so from my limited knowledge of japanese, it says that in daigasso band brothers P, you can play the squid sisters song. You can also play the song with the squid sisters as the background image, and also use their voice, like a vocaloid. The song can be purchased with two tomatoes, and will also appear in the debut version of band brothers P (the free to play version)

Wait a minute, is the smash update live right now? o__o I'm seeing people upload matches in miiverse already! And does Gaf have a smash room up? Or did it just finish? XD lol
If you want Smah GAF rooms, you gotta go to the Smash OT. =P Most everyone who posts in this topic usually want to play Splatoon.

WALKMAN04

I just played with some Japanese clan in ranked, all 3 of them were on the other team and I destroyed all of them lol, went 17-4. They were good players though, we were all A+ and I could tell they had skill, but they were probably pretty pissed that my team won and I was the only one that had a positive k/d on my team lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
How is it lacking?

Custom tournaments lack a few vital options. No 1v1 option, no brackets (and with that no offline tournament mode and 'odd' win options) no ability to 2v2 which is also a widely played metagame. It's 4 player FFA with the exception of 'Standard Tournaments', which are pre-set For Glory tournaments.

The list of options for the most part is good, but they are lacking some of the most critical components to make it a mode any competitive player would consider.

I think Splatoon's team understands a bit more what we want out of the game, so I have a little faith. I had faith in Smash too though and look where that got me. :p

DaBoss

that person most likely reset his save file until he rolled the right combination. You can do that for your rank as well. I'm convinced that all those Japanese players with whole sets of perfect gear got them by messing with their save file - the odds of getting one main and three subs of the same ability are just really low, and when you have three items with perfect stats ... yeah
Even then, that just saves time, doesn't change the odds of getting all of that which are super low.

Gsnap

Still trying to find my perfect ranked weapons. I feel like for tower control the dual squelcher works well for me. I can get people off of the tower pretty easily, and the point sensor and bombs are great too. The time to kill leaves a little to be desired, but it's not horrible.

.96 gal deco seems to work best for splat zones. The splash wall is good at keeping people out and the kraken is a decent get out of jail free card. And of course it kills like nobody's business.

But even then, it seems like my success is more about what maps show up than anything else.

Geg

Gotta perch like a sniper. There are a few walls and other places to take advantage of at the park with good visibility.

Just getting to the tower in the middle can be a challenge sometimes. Especially when playing against Red with his roller lol

ryechu

It's not that hard to get three perfect pieces of gear.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
GGs GuySloth, robotguy and any other Gaffers. Would've played more but a pretty weak map rotation.

We should have at least Saltspray Rig, Moray Towers or Pott Mackerel as one map during the rotation.

I saw the most amazing thing today. There's a metal thing that hangs above the middle area in Urchin Underpass, and one of my teammates managed to stick a sprinkler up there so that it was upside down, raining ink on a good chunk of turf.

ryechu

I saw the most amazing thing today. There's a metal thing that hangs above the middle area in Urchin Underpass, and one of my teammates managed to stick a sprinkler up there so that it was upside down, raining ink on a good chunk of turf.
If that was amazing to you, you are going to have a good time with this game.

Robotguy

Wait until you find out about putting it on the crane on saltspray.

Top Bottom