• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01e3s3z.jpg

Finally finished leveling up this outfit

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01e3s3z.jpg

Finally finished leveling up this outfit
Your boots are so full of ink savers it's amazing.
Now that I think about it, I think the main abilities should have been a bit different. The chest should have been defense, the head shoulda been ink saver main and the feet should have been ink resistance. It would better fit the power armor gimmic no?

ryechu

NOE announces range blaster and ink brush nouveau but show images of custom range blaster and octobrush nouveau lol.

Edit: actually the range blaster has no custom decal. But the render image shows the decal in the corner so idk. I'd guess that we are getting the range blaster and the octobrush nouveau given the pictures are usually the same as noj supplies and the pictures depict those. But it's wierd we would get a other octobrush first.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
NOE announces range blaster and ink brush nouveau but show images of custom range blaster and octobrush nouveau lol.

Edit: actually the range blaster has no custom decal. But the render image shows the decal in the corner so idk. I'd guess that we are getting the range blaster and the octobrush nouveau given the pictures are usually the same as noj supplies and the pictures depict those. But it's wierd we would get a other octobrush first.

So it isn't the ink brush nouveau? Darn, I wanted bubbler ink brush already! Oh well, do you know the subs for the range blaster and octobrush nouveau?

ryechu

No one knows if it's the ink brush or the octobrush at this point. Not until japan clarifies in a bit. The octobrush nouveau has splat bombs and inkzooka. The range blaster has splash wall and inkstrike

ryechu

It's probably the inkbrush given the pattern though. What with the neo splash just coming out and the inkbrush preceding the splash. Id suspect the h3 is the next "new" weapon followed by the bamboozler then the rapid blaster pro. They haven't touched the semi auto family since its launch . And the h3 likely comes out before the l3 deco so the h3 coming out soon opens the way for the l3 being paired with a new weapon later.

Azure J

I will be quite surprised if it is in fact the Octobrush Noveau coming over the Inkbrush Noveau. I am dying to test out OctoNov and see if it's the big brush I really wanted. Vanilla Inkbrush is still the bae though.

Nico_D

And once again one Splatzones lost because at the end of our timer two of my team members let themselves to be lured away from zone after a single opponent and got themselves killed. And while spawning, the enemy took the zone and won.

What is it with this game. I've been on a losing since yesterday evening, dropping soon to B-. Everything I do, doesn't work. All the teams I got hooked up with doesn't seem to understand the basics of Splatzones - especially when it comes to conquering it back. No, they just fight an uphill battle at Saltspray Rig instead of, like, going up the pipes or something.

This game's ruining my life.

Ok I had to leave the room cause I was doing way too much killing of the poor aerosprays with my splattershot pro. I do wish the forge had a better load out cause I love the colors on that one.

I was fighting with the Rapid Blaster today. I tried to tell it that it has the range of the normal Blaster, but it didn't cooperate. I was playing dumb the whole session. Running into fire, not clearing up space behind me to retreat, falling off of Moray because I'm not used to being so mobile there, challenging the longer ranged weapons without truly acknowledging my own range, entering stupid confrontations instead of maybe taking a different approach, not utilizing my AoE better, etc. I could also feel that today was not a Blaster day before I even started playing. It left me sour tonight. I don't want to sleep this way.

With all that in mind, I should've learned enough to prevent most of these mistakes from happening again. Most of my problems originated from Moray Towers. Didn't have any map awareness at all. It was like my brain inserted the scope vision from the Chargers onto my Rapid Blaster. Port was better overall.

Sploosh and Rapid Blaster are going to be my little project weapons before the new ones hit. I also really need to stop depending on bombs, but Moray almost requires it with the snipers and long-range guns.

On a separate note, there are certain ranges I can't hit even if that target was a mountain. Rapid Blaster goes to that range.

Wow... that horribad play from me actually made me feel physically sick. Seriously? Meh, maybe I'll go on a midnight stroll. Well... it's 2 in the morning. Maybe that's why.

Gattuso

Ah cool, you must be Merrick. Azure said some of his viewers might only be a member of squidboard. GG, we had some fun matches.

yup!. those were some great matches. my bombs are like magnets with azure though lol. for having the game about a week, i'd say i'm doing pretty good. still need plenty of work though.

Heng

I was fighting with the Rapid Blaster today. I tried to tell it that it has the range of the normal Blaster, but it didn't cooperate. I was playing dumb the whole session. Running into fire, not clearing up space behind me to retreat, falling off of Moray because I'm not used to being so mobile there, challenging the longer ranged weapons without truly acknowledging my own range, entering stupid confrontations instead of maybe taking a different approach, not utilizing my AoE better, etc. I could also feel that today was not a Blaster day before I even started playing. It left me sour tonight. I don't want to sleep this way.

With all that in mind, I should've learned enough to prevent most of these mistakes from happening again. Most of my problems originated from Moray Towers. Didn't have any map awareness at all. It was like my brain inserted the scope vision from the Chargers onto my Rapid Blaster. Port was better overall.

Sploosh and Rapid Blaster are going to be my little project weapons before the new ones hit. I also really need to stop depending on bombs, but Moray almost requires it with the snipers and long-range guns.

On a separate note, there are certain ranges I can't hit even if that target was a mountain. Rapid Blaster goes to that range.
You did pretty good on your first few matches and towards the end. Maybe watch Azure's stream and see what you did right when you were able to kill him and try to play like that more consistently.

Imo there's not going to be a good reason to learn the rapid blaster since the new range blaster is coming out. It'll probably shoot slower, but at least you can 1 shot your opponents if you land a direct hit.

yup!. those were some great matches. my bombs are like magnets with azure though lol. for having the game about a week, i'd say i'm doing pretty good. still need plenty of work though.
Azure just can't get enough of bombs. The sound is hypnotic to him.
You did pretty good on your first few matches and towards the end. Maybe watch Azure's stream and see what you did right when you were able to kill him and try to play like that more consistently.

Imo there's not going to be a good reason to learn the rapid blaster since the new range blaster is coming out. It'll probably shoot slower, but at least you can 1 shot your opponents if you land a direct hit.

I'm inclined to agree, but there's just something about the Rapid Blaster that draws me in. Moray wasn't the best map to practice it on, especially for a day that felt like I shouldn't play Blasters. Especially doesn't help that I'm not as familiar with Moray as I am with the other maps. Gonna try again tomorrow. The Splattershot Pro and other similar long ranged weapons were just eating me alive on Moray.

Heng

I just bought Splatoon yesterday. I hope it's as good as people say it is.
Do I need any friends to enjoy it more or...?
This game is pretty fun, I would recommend you play with motion controls. I think it makes the game feel much better. If you want to practice it or get use to it, try the single player campaign; boss scrolls give you weapons that are great for getting use to the shooting style in this game (aerospray lol) and a great weapon for higher end of the game.

Friends do make this more fun. If you want, you can add me, my NNID is roger1991.

forget about the rapid blaster, the range blaster is here to replace it. If the subs/specials are good it's gonna be the go-to blaster
I think the sub/special is ink wall and ink strike. I definitely want to check it out. My main complaint about the rapid blaster is that it doesn't 1 shot. The amount of risk that gun takes to play offensive is too high if the enemy rushes in. It's more of a campy style, and it's not great to play that weapon from behind.

noshten

I just bought Splatoon yesterday. I hope it's as good as people say it is.
Do I need any friends to enjoy it more or...?

After a few days when the August update is up you might want to go into team match making or private lobbies. Add people from the google doc in the OP

Violet_0

Banned
forget about the rapid blaster, the range blaster is here to replace it. If the subs/specials are good it's gonna be the go-to blaster

what I mean is, before the range blaster the rapid blaster still had some niche use. Then comes along a blaster that can 1-hit ko and has nearly the same range. The rapid blaster just got squiffer'd

Hmm, guess I should ask about it then.

I wasn't performing all that well with the Classic Squiffer, so does anyone have recommendations on what I should do differently, or if maybe I should just focus on other weapons?

I definitely need to work on my aim. There may have been a couple shots that I should've been able to land. I was also spamming Point Sensor quite often, did that actually help anyone else?

Heng

Hmm, guess I should ask about it then.

I wasn't performing all that well with the Classic Squiffer, so does anyone have recommendations on what I should do differently, or if maybe I should just focus on other weapons?

I definitely need to work on my aim. There may have been a couple shots that I should've been able to land. I was also spamming Point Sensor quite often, did that actually help anyone else?
So you were the one throwing those sensors out... they were really annoying.

One thing I noticed from our short session is that you telegraph your shots too much. You basically gave out your position when your shot wasn't ready, which also made it easy to rush in. What I would suggest you practice on is learning to not aim at your targets until your shot is ready to kill them, or learn how to play a scope charger. Scope charger allows you to just aim at your targets instead of charging your shot then aim at them.

I would recommend you practice with either the Kelp Charger or the Kelp scope charger. The Sprinkler will give you an easy way to build points, that way you can still contribute to your team while you learn. I would also recommend putting on some damage up gears, equivalent to 2 main damage up.

So you were the one throwing those sensors out... they were really annoying.
That's good to hear :)

One thing I noticed from our short session is that you telegraph your shots too much. You basically gave out your position when your shot wasn't ready, which also made it easy to rush in. What I would suggest you practice on is learning to not aim at your targets until your shot is ready to kill them, or learn how to play a scope charger. Scope charger allows you to just aim at your targets instead of charging your shot then aim at them.

I would recommend you practice with either the Kelp Charger or the Kelp scope charger. The Sprinkler will give you an easy way to build points, that way you can still contribute to your team while you learn. I would also recommend putting on some damage up gears, equivalent to 2 main damage up.
Hmmm, okies. I really like the Kelp Charger, and this session was mostly an experiment to see if my opinion of Classic Squiffer would change, and if it was potentially worth it for me to pick it up. I will definitely try practicing more with the Kelp Charger!

ryechu

Hey they changed the subs and specials compared to the in game files. The range blaster had mines and bubbler. Same as inkbrush

SilentRob

Have only played Splatoon for about 10 Minutes so far. Had fun, but don't really have much of an opinion yet.

Just wanted to say: That's one amazing thread title.

KooopaKid

Banned
I hope the August update improves the net code because at high level of play, the lag and connection errors can really be frustrating. My teammates slow me down enough as it is.

Geg

Ugh I never knew about the Range Blaster before. OHKO with the same range as the rapid blaster is completely ridiculous

Inkbrush Nouveau eh? I'll be honest I'm not actually sure what use it'll have, mines have always been a crummy sub outside of Tower Control and the knockback is going to make Bubbler useless for everything except running away (and again, Tower Control). Problem is, it has a TC sub and special, but a 4 hit kill point blank range weapon designed for stealth and ground coverage is not exactly going to flourish in that mode. Honestly the Inkbrush Nouveau needed the Octobrush's set, Beacons and Kraken would have been amazing.

Totakeke

For the way I play rapid blaster, slower fire rate is a big negative, only question is how big is a negative it is. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up preferring rapid over the range blaster.

Oh yeah, what subs/specials do they have? Oh the same as the normal rapid blaster? This will be an interesting comparison.

Geg

For the way I play rapid blaster, slower fire rate is a big negative, only question is how big is a negative it is. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up preferring rapid over the range blaster.

Oh yeah, what subs/specials do they have?

Inkmine and Bubbler for both weapons according to the twitter

Top Bottom