• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

correojon

Quick question: does anyone know how many Defense Ups make the Luna Blaster go from 2HKO to 3HKO (indirect hits)? I´m not at home atm so I can´t try it myself.

Xenoboy

I've been playing a couple of rounds on Turf War and my team is not good.
Then there's occasionally someone who's afk.
Otherwise it's really fun. I feel that I'm really good for a beginner too.

This game is pretty fun, I would recommend you play with motion controls. I think it makes the game feel much better. If you want to practice it or get use to it, try the single player campaign; boss scrolls give you weapons that are great for getting use to the shooting style in this game (aerospray lol) and a great weapon for higher end of the game.

Friends do make this more fun. If you want, you can add me, my NNID is roger1991.
Thank you, I've added you.

?oe?oe

I have once again emerged from B- hell.

Fighting against two expert E-Liters on Towers. You're gonna have a bad time. Rage.

Zing

Banned
Quick question: does anyone know how many Defense Ups make the Luna Blaster go from 2HKO to 3HKO (indirect hits)? I´m not at home atm so I can´t try it myself.
I just tested this. Even one defense up reduces damage below 50, but only at the very extreme edge of blast. With three defense, as long as your aim gets half the blast on them, it is still a 2HKO.

Based on this, I'd say that 2 damage up is sufficient to keep a 2HKO during matches. Maybe even only one damage is needed! Only someone with three defense and your aim just barely hitting them with the first two blasts would live through two shots.

With Luna, you are going to be close, so they should be getting more of the blast. I use custom blaster frequently, and am hitting people at max range often ( over walls, around corners), so damage up seems more important there.

On a side note, I did not realize that you must have a direct hit with chargers to deal damage. The ink splash does nothing (e.g. If you shoot over their head).

Crisium

I have a feeling this Range Blaster is gonna be annoying. 30% more range than a normal blaster with the same damage. Slowest rate of fire of all weapons next to the Dynamo though, so hopefully that frustrates players enough not to have it be too popular.

Not sold on New Inkbrush with Ink Mine and Bubbler. I think it helps the ninja shark game. It's not uncommon for someone to chase me and kill me if I make a foray into enemy territory. The Ink Mine could help get some kills here. And the Bubbler will help you retreat if you have one of those "I've made a huge mistake" moments when you attempt an ambush.

But I've gotten accustomed to the Inkbrush being the ultimate painter. Sprinkler and Ink Strike just paint the map so well for Turf War.

Been playing with the Elitre over the Kelp Charger recently and I'm really enjoying hitting people from bullshit distances away. And the Burst Bombs have saved me in close quarters quite a few times already. I just wish it charged a little faster!

Totakeke

Misread Ryechu's post and thought it's only 16% slower compared to rapid. Compared to rapid it's about 42% slower.

So unless you play your rapid blaster similar to a regular blaster, this won't replace rapid blaster at all. Personally I think most people will find the range blaster to be harder to use than they think it is.

Geg

I just tested this. Even one defense up reduces damage below 50, but only at the very extreme edge of blast. With three defense, as long as your aim gets half the blast on them, it is still a 2HKO.

Is this with main defense ups or a subs?

atr0cious

DaBoss

Despite all of the funny stuff happening in Splatoon, that wasn't even the best part for me.

The best part was landing all of these rests in Smash on Azure lol: http://www.twitch.tv/azurejerichogaf/v/9136836?t=1h25m50s
Some of my favorite moments from last night's bumper brushes games

Everybody gang up on the Squelcher
Chasing down Azure
Walkway duel
lol, I was watching some of this stuff happen last night, it was hilarious.

I think this lasted for like nearly 8 hours lol.
I love the running animation of the kids, its so cute how they kinda waddle.
Yea, it is adorable. And it is even more so when their heads are looking up and down.

RaptorGTA

I hope the August update improves the net code because at high level of play, the lag and connection errors can really be frustrating. My teammates slow me down enough as it is.

Man i'm really hoping for netcode changes...One of the reason I slow down in playing is the lag and connection issues. *fingers crossed*

Nico_D

What the fuck. Seriously bad players on. I might not be the best around either but I conquered the enemy zone in Splatzones TWICE with only Splatterscope - ALONE, none of my team members thought it important enough to show up.

Just for "fun" I played Turf War too. Again, I had Splatterscope. I had the most points in our team - and I was the only one using sniper rifle. How? And they were all 20 level players. I actually watched one player through Gamepad. He was playing with Splattershot Pro and just stand still on a walkway in Kelp Dome. Just standing. Doing nothing. For a long period.

I've fallen from B+ 50 to B 0 since yesterday. Next stop, B-. The game just wants to match me with stupid ass players who don't know how to play the game.

My ID is Messer_Schmitt

Feel free to add me.

Neoxon

The Range Blaster & the Inkbrush Nouveau are out tonight in the US & tomorrow morning in Europe.

CLP1hL0WwAABX79.jpg
CLP1huaWIAEItD-.jpg
CLP1h0MWIAAWosx.png
CLP1iAKWwAArqNd.png

What the fuck. Seriously bad players on. I might not be the best around either but I conquered the enemy zone in Splatzones TWICE with only Splatterscope - ALONE, none of my team members thought it important enough to show up.

Just for "fun" I played Turf War too. Again, I had Splatterscope. I had the most points in our team - and I was the only one using sniper rifle. How? And they were all 20 level players. I actually watched one player through Gamepad. He was playing with Splattershot Pro and just stand still on a walkway in Kelp Dome. Just standing. Doing nothing. For a long period.

I've fallen from B+ 50 to B 0 since yesterday. Next stop, B-. The game just wants to match me with stupid ass players who don't know how to play the game.

My ID is Messer_Schmitt

Feel free to add me.

It's best to leave if you realise how stupid a team is, your rank will just go down and down.

Added you !

VICI0US

I have once again emerged from B- hell.

Fighting against two expert E-Liters on Towers. You're gonna have a bad time. Rage.

I had the roughest time with B+ > A-. so much back and forth due to awful teams. also had the worst luck getting in lobbies with an A/A+ camping B rank groups for easy points and always getting matched against them

right now I'm at A+ 99 and I'm not touching ranked again until the update

Nico_D

It's best to leave if you realise how stupid a team is, your rank will just go down and down.

I've been doing this. One match - and change if it goes south. But it doesn't help.

Added you !

Thanks. Look forward gaming especially after the update. I've had enough of the bullshit matchmaking. It's killing my joy of the game.

Geg

Yeah looks like the Japanese twitter made a mistake with the Range Blaster's subs. From the tumbler:

tumblr_nscylhwrNj1u3akyno1_1280.png

Sometimes, a kid just wants to get up close and POW! Introducing the Inkbrush Nouveau, which brings the same abilities as the Inkbrush but has a different sub and special! You’ll be able to lay Ink Mines to catch your foes off guard, and then use the Bubbler when you’re ready to go in for your attack!

The Inkbrush Nouveau will be available tonight at 7 PM PT.
tumblr_nscyxmTjMt1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

BREAKING NEWS - Good things must come in twos (that’s a thing, right?), because also coming to Splatoon tonight is the Range Blaster! As the name suggests, the Range Blaster is a Blaster with shots that travel farther before exploding. It has a lower rate of fire, but who cares when you’re taking people out from clear across the battle field!? The Range Blaster comes complete with the Splash Wall and Inkstrike.

Totakeke

Splash wall will make the range blaster pretty interesting actually. Aren't they using the wrong pictures for the "non-custom" Range Blaster though?

StAidan

Hey how come on your twitch page it has a notice saying some of the audio was blocked?

That happens on a number of his recordings I've noticed, it's blocked because he plays music (non-Splatoon) in his streams. Twitch's version of copyright protection.

I might try that new blaster tonight just for the heck of it, I've never used a blaster before I don't think.

"goes to play ranked, cannot find partner device"

Fine, it's not like I wanted to play Camp or anything.

That happens on a number of his recordings I've noticed, it's blocked because he plays music (non-Splatoon) in his streams. Twitch's version of copyright protection.
Ah, I had no idea that was the cause.

ryechu

Splash wall will make the range blaster pretty interesting actually. Aren't they using the wrong pictures for the "non-custom" Range Blaster though?
there have been so many mistakes. Although. In that picture the custom decal is not on the top if the gun like the leak so

Totakeke

Greetings from the great outdoors! As soon as Camp Triggerfish was discovered, we just knew that we needed to take a Squid Research Lab company camping trip. We’ve all been in agreement about how great camping is, but have run into one little problem: we can’t seem to decide what to roast over the campfire.

Intern Milton is all like, “HOT DOGS!” and Intern Stephenie all like, “MARSHMALLOWS.” We only have so many pointy sticks to use to roast things so we’re going to need to come to an agreement on this. We’ve decided to let the next Splatfest decide for us! Head to the Pledge Board and vote Marshmallow or Hot Dog and then fight for your team from 8/7 at 9 PM PT to 8/8 at 9 PM PT.

#Splatoon #SquidLab #Nintendo #WiiU #Splatfest #Hot Dog vs Marshmallow #Team Hot Dog #Team Marshmallow

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

#teammarie as usual

On other news, just look at that cute little blob of ink
coming towards you and imploding you from within

JNK9c1i.jpg

atr0cious

Hey how come on your twitch page it has a notice saying some of the audio was blocked?

I play music in the background, so sometimes a song gets content ided and it blanks out that section of audio to cover it. Currently trying to figure out what artists are doing it so I don't have that many gaps.

Wow, that range blaster has a splash wall, Heng you may get your wish of me maining one of those blasted things.

Yea TeamHotDog

Fuck I need full snails. I think this one will be about which demographic had the older people in it. The choice that avoids the kids. Hotdogs?

Hot dogs does seem like it would have the most older people but marshmallows can give people the nostalgic feeling of sitting out infront of campfires when they were young.

Bears live in the wild, so I'm going to pick team hot GODS.

Next American Splatfest - what would you rather roast over a campfire?

CLQvXM9VAAAZrfD.jpg
God damn it. I told my friend i'd join her side this time but yeesh.
I play music in the background, so sometimes a song gets content ided and it blanks out that section of audio to cover it. Currently trying to figure out what artists are doing it so I don't have that many gaps.
Well hopefully it's an easy find but still sucks that even in the background these people can make a huge deal out of it.

ryechu

it does exactly at the tip of the aoe, so technically one sub. However the closer you are to the center of the blast the more dmg it does.

WALKMAN04

Is there gonna be red ink?

Whatever though. Hotdogs is the right answer.
I'm pretty sure they would never use red ink since it would look to much like blood especially on the inklings, also pink already turns your headgear red anyway.

Team Marie is always the right choice.

Top Bottom