• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Africanus

Kids like Spongebob, and Spongebob has many references to marshmallows.

The answer is hot-dog naturally. I want to win. Snails will allow me to roll a good amount of times come august 6th.

Geg

Argh dammit now the more I think the more I lean towards hot dogs. Team marshmallow will probably have more younger kids and thus worse players, and I do really love roasted hot dogs.

Team callie thooooo, I already betrayed her once for water slides

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

#teammarie as usual

On other news, just look at that cute little blob of ink
coming towards you and imploding you from within

JNK9c1i.jpg
Why is this during my wedding anniversary weekend???? Gonna have to play all night Friday now. Team hot dog!

WALKMAN04

Argh dammit now the more I think the more I lean towards hot dogs. Team marshmallow will probably have more younger kids and thus worse players, and I do really love roasted hot dogs.

Team callie thooooo, I already betrayed her once for water slides
Just know that if you choose team Callie I'll have to ask you to hand in your dual squelchers

Vecks

As much as I want snails, the splatfest should really be the week after. Putting it 2 days after we get the big update sounds like a bad idea, unless it includes the option to still play custom lobbies as well.

DaBoss

I didn't even know people roasted hot dogs with a campfire.
As much as I want snails, the splatfest should really be the week after. Putting it 2 days after we get the big update sounds like a bad idea, unless it includes the option to still play custom lobbies as well.
We're forced to wear Splatfest Tees during Splatfest, so I doubt it.

WALKMAN04

I've been Team Callie since day one :mad:
It's been nice having you on the force, but let's not make this harder then it needs to be. Just leave your dual squelchers on my desk and go.

Just choose whatever 6 snails isn't the biggest deal, I just always go Marie don't really care if I win or lose

Azure J

Shoulda been Burgers vs. Hot Dogs. At least the choice would be easier for me.

I want a win and 24 snails. I have so much shit to roll/reroll right now.

Edit: ayyy Roo's joining!
Edit 2: Callie > Marie free but I'm also not about to betray prinicples for my allegiance. Good thing Callie doesn't judge unlike a certain other squid sister.

I've been spending a lot of time with Batman, so I've been neglecting Splatoon, but I think I'm going to play for a bit tonight. I need to get back into the swing of things before next weeks big update.

Azure J

Pray for Splatfest Squads.

Splatfest Squads would be immense hype. Get everyone in a Skype chat and just talk mad shit about team _____ the whole time. :lol

And yeah, I think I'm very interested in Range Blaster for Turf War/Splat Zone. Custom has the edge in Tower Control though because Bubbler is very valuable.

WALKMAN04

Shoulda been Burgers vs. Hot Dogs. At least the choice would be easier for me.

I want a win and 24 snails. I have so much shit to roll/reroll right now.

Edit: ayyy Roo's joining!
Edit 2: Callie > Marie free but I'm also not about to betray prinicples for my allegiance. Good thing Callie doesn't judge unlike a certain other squid sister.
And you wonder why you aren't A+, pledge your allegiance to Marie and she will make all your dreams come true

Geg

It's been nice having you on the force, but let's not make this harder then it needs to be. Just leave your dual squelchers on my desk and go.

Just choose whatever 6 snails isn't the biggest deal, I just always go Marie don't really care if I win or lose

Fine, but I'm keeping the custom dual squelcher since you didn't specify.

Yeah I know I'm not really serious about squid sister waifu wars (Callie's totally better though) and I don't even use my snails anyway, I've got tons left over from the last two splatfests

Speaking of actually using my sea snails, I've been thinking about rerolling my boots for multiple run speed ups since that's the brand's bias. Run speed up affects your walking/strafing speed while shooting right? I know the dual squelcher is a bit slower to walk and shoot with than a lot of weapons and sometimes I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because of that but it's hard to be sure. Is it worth trying to get those three subs?

nom

I hope the August update improves the net code because at high level of play, the lag and connection errors can really be frustrating. My teammates slow me down enough as it is.

Yep, it's starting to take the enjoyment out of the game for me. I can't have a good game anymore without thinking "oh, maybe I had a lag advantage".

I switched to an ethernet connection today and it doesn't seem any better.

Azure J

Why is this during my wedding anniversary weekend???? Gonna have to play all night Friday now. Team hot dog!

Be careful fam, don't get hit with the "lightheaded and "huh"-ing everywhere" status effect after a Splatoon marathon night, especially on an anniversary. :lol

Same, man. I had no idea roasting hot dogs at campfires was a thing. Not I got people on Twitter telling me otherwise like I'm nuts lol

Roo

I can't wait to kick your ass next week. >:D

Bring it on, breh!
Wondering when you would show up. Word of advice use the aerospray

Thanks for the advice :D
Wanted to kill some of my backlog first before getting this game.
I was also waiting for the August update so time seems right.
Considering I'm at huge disadvantage here compared to others I need to get some practice before throwing myself to the sharks lol

DaBoss

Yea, burgers vs hot dogs would be better, but I guess they wanted to tie in with Camp Triggerfish and summer camp related stuff. I imagine most kids would choose marshmallows.

Gonna go with marshmallows.
Can someone teach me all the pro Splash Wall techs? I want to be prepared for the Dynamo Blaster tonight.
The only pro thing you need to know is you can put it on the tower with some bounces off the wall.
Same, man. I had no idea roasting hot dogs at campfires was a thing. Not I got people on Twitter telling me otherwise like I'm nuts lol
Glad I'm not the only one lol.
Really? I did it all the time growing up. What food do you cook on camp fires in Canada? Actual dogs?
Is this some sort of stealth Team Cat salt?

Jokes aside, I don't do campfires, and the few times I did, it was with marshmallows. And then every piece of media I saw never had hot dogs, it was always marshmallows lol.
Thanks for the advice :D
Wanted to kill some of my backlog first before getting this game.
I was also waiting for the August update so time seems right.
Considering I'm at huge disadvantage here compared to others I need to get some practice before throwing myself to the sharks lol
That advice may or may not be sarcastic.

Aerospray is the god's weapon.

That spoiler above may or may not be sarcastic.

so because I like using popular and easy to use weapons, my new non-L3 favorite is the Sploosh-O-Matic. It's absolutely devastating on Port Mackerel, jumping down into the mid at Arowana is an ink bath, and the beakons even help it a lot on Moray Towers and Triggerfish.

Using Speed Up and Ninja Squid on Mackerel to flank behind is great, and if it's tower control and they take it, you can get behind the tower so fast and wipe out three guys before they even know you're there.

Roo

Funny you should say that, considering there are users here who are almost literally sharks. You'll understand when you see the name Red.
Who's that is here?

That advice may or may not be sarcastic.

Aerospray is the god's weapon.

That spoiler above may or may not be sarcastic.

lol
I'll give all weapons a try anyway so don't worry :p
I remember liking the Splattershot Jr. and Rollers back in the testfire days but I'm not sure how good they're now with proper testing heh

Crayolan

#TeamMarshmallow only because Hot Dogs are inferior to burgers but Marshmallows have no rival.

I fully expect marshmallows to lose though, muricans love their meat.

Never actually been camping? Burgers/Hot Dogs are, at least in the US, the most common thing to cook for dinner on camping trips, with Marshmallows/Smores being the dessert.

Which only further emphasizes how weird it is that this isn't Burgers vs. Hot Dogs.

Apenheul

Since I've reached level 20 I thought I'd play Ranked Mode for a couple of hours, well.. I'm not too fond of how the leveling system works. From C- I got to C+ and then back to C- when being teamed with some people who apparently assumed the point was to paint the whole arena.

Top Bottom