• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Crayolan

I've never heard of anyone making burgers over a campfire though, usually you need a grill for that lol

ITT people admit they've never been camping.

The fire is in a pit, not just over a pile of logs or whatever you're imagining it as.

You put a griddle over that pit and place the burgers or hot dogs (or whatever else you wanna cook, I've seen chicken and sausage too) on the griddle, then flip them over before they get burned.

Since I've reached level 20 I thought I'd play Ranked Mode for a couple of hours, well.. I'm not too fond of how the leveling system works. From C- I got to C+ and then back to C- when being teamed with some people who apparently assumed the point was to paint the whole arena.

Honestly, painting the map has its own advantages on some of them. It allows for more map control and lets you retake the zone or Tower easier. The problem comes from those who think the zone shouldn't be a priority. The Tower is unique because it's mobile, but map coverage on some maps should be something to consider if you're in control.

Geg

ITT people admit they've never been camping.

The fire is in a pit, not just over a pile of logs or whatever you're imagining it as.

You put a griddle over that pit and place the burgers or hot dogs (or whatever else you wanna cook, I've seen chicken and sausage too) on the griddle, then flip them over before they get burned.

I've totally been camping. It was probably close to 20 years ago though :p

Also tumblr clarifies the new ranks:

tumblr_nsczeee3WA1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Ranks for Ranked Battle are also getting an upgrade! While A+ is the current highest rank, you’ll now be able to reach the rank of S and S+. You’ll still need victory points to raise your rank, but keeping S or S+ once you’re there is no easy feat! Keep in mind that wins and losses in Squad Battle won’t affect your rank when you’ve reached S or S+ - it’s every squid for himself!

Apenheul

Honestly, painting the map has its own advantages on some of them. It allows for more map control and lets you retake the zone or Tower easier. The problem comes from those who think the zone shouldn't be a priority. The Tower is unique because it's mobile, but map coverage on some maps should be something to consider if you're in control.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Sometimes I just have the idea that I'm the only one trying to retake the zone. I do love Splat Zones though, more than the Tower.

Ahnez

Never been camping and never ate a marshmallow, so I'll go with hotdogs

And Range Blasters lol I will include this in my to learn list

Azure J

So, I have some highlights from the earlier Ranked matches I did yesterday to finally share. I still have to work out the Smash highlights as well as a few from the other session with the Kraken moments and my brother later on.

Squidkidding Makes Everything Better: I will eternally be amused by this animation.
Bubbler Ball: Best minigame ever.
The Most Hidden Squid: Ninja Squid needs more nerfs. :lol
Underdogs For Life: Hold that shit Splatoon matchmaking algorithms!
Hide & Seek: When the Inklings play children's game, shit gets REAL.
Graduation To A Rank: I EARNED this shit, give me my goddamn diploma Inkopolis.

Rize_21

So A+ may become the new C/B pool? uh oh, gotta reach the S club asap.

e: ^ that's one expert ninja right there, man, great stuff.

Ahnez

Alright guys, start forming a queue to be carried.

It'll be funny if A+ ends up with a lot of people who don't deserve being there.

Can't say for A ranks, but B-, B and B+ are full of people that shouldn't have left C- at all lol

One interesting thing.. if squad battle gives the same amount of points of a regular ranked game, then a full S/S+ room will be the easiest and funiest way to get money without any risk :p

Is there a low quality choice for twitch? It burns out the battery on my phone really fast. I want to see chat and hear commentary :(

Edit: bah I can only be here for 1 game lol

Geg

For real though I need to get back in the habit of playing ranked again, I just got kind of traumatized by falling out of A- and spending hours going back and forth in the upper levels of B+. If I do play with randoms again it's going to be splat zones. I'm not touching tower control unless it's with gaf.

Hell yeah, inkbrush nouveau is close. A brush with bubbler will be amazing for an offensive build.

Also team Marshmallow all the way, hot dogs are THE worst fast food ever.

ryechu

Hell yeah, inkbrush nouveau is close. A brush with bubbler will be amazing for an offensive build.

Also team Marshmallow all the way, hot dogs are THE worst fast food ever.
Pretty sure you can shoot him away from you before you die. Given the high ttk and low range

DaBoss

Rather silly that S and S+ players can stay in Squad Batttles safely, but I guess not being able to rank up to S and S+ in Squad Battles is clever.

Junahu

Such rotten timing. This is going to be one long month without access to Splatoon. Other games are just... drab.

I wish the game kept track of all the points you earned past level 20. You could tally all of the points on your weapon select screen, but that doesn't account for win bonuses, which get pretty crazy in ranked battles.

J@hranimo

Banned
Ofc they would save Tower Control for the next rotation so range blasters can have a field day lol.

Also I may or may not be on tonight, finally going to see Ant-man plus hang with some friends. If not, enjoy the new weapons!

Africanus

Ofc they would save Tower Control for the next rotation so range blasters can have a field day lol.

Also I may or may not be on tonight, finally going to see Ant-man plus hang with some friends. If not, enjoy the new weapons!

It's a good thing I've learned to master the splash wall with jet squelcher and .96 gal.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I didn't realize Steven Jr. was a Gaffer. Sorry about messing with you yesterday I thought you were just some random in our game

longnose45 doe

MouldyK

Not sure if this was posted yet, but the tumblr page also explains how leveling up works after lvl 20. Seems to work a bit like how splatfest lvls work
tumblr_nsczc8DOkL1u3akyno1_1280.jpg
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/125524214719/this-just-in-with-the-august-update-the-level

So...the Splatfest Structure...but longer?

EDIT: Actually, that does sound like it could take long if your team always loses, but you get 400+ points...rather than the old method of you still getting many points even if you lost.

Top Bottom