• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

So...the Splatfest Structure...but longer?

EDIT: Actually, that does sound like it could take long if your team always loses, but you get 400+ points...rather than the old method of you still getting many points even if you lost.

48 points is less than the 30k from 19->20 even if you lose a hell of a lot. Although its not faster than ranked so i wonder what you get for the 5 minute ranked matches. Hopefully it still scales with ranking.

Heng

I didn't realize Steven Jr. was a Gaffer. Sorry about messing with you yesterday I thought you were just some random in our game

longnose45 doe
He's not a gaf member. He's some random guy who added both Azure and Atrocious. The room you guys are currently in was the room Atrocious was in before he left to work.

I'm not 100% sure if he has a gaf account or not, but he's 12 years old which might be against the rules(?).

Jintor

tumblr_nsc6ziYewf1rdny9zo1_400.png

Azure J

He's not a gaf member. He's some random guy who added both Azure and Atrocious. The room you guys are currently in was the room Atrocious was in before he left to work.

I'm not 100% sure if he has a gaf account or not, but he's 12 years old which might be against the rules(?).

Steven Jr. was a random who asked to be added to play with us, but I dunno if he'll be hanging around often.

Ahnez

I didn't forget about your sugestions guys :D

Started with the Splash-o-Matic

I didn't like it a first, because coming from the Jet Squelcher, it felt really short.. But after a few games, I started to understand how to use it and.. its really fun to play with it :p

I like the suction bombs so I played with the regular one, but the Burst Bomb + Inkazooka is also a really good combo

It is very easy to play turf wars with it, and I got easily 1000+ points every game, up to 1300 in some games, and it is very reliable at close range combat (unlike the Jet :p)

The suction bombs are very good to avoid weapons with longer range, and they are excelent tools for approaching

Didn't play ranked with it yet, but I believe its better for splat zones than tower control :p

Well, even though I didn't like it at first, I kind of love this weapon now >_> I will use it more

Now, I have just ~9 more weapons to try lol

Azure J

I almost won in a 3 vs 4 on Tower Control. Our little trio got down to 5. Bless our cotton socks.

I've actually won a few of these when I engaged maximum try hard/Azure's pissed mode, but with no record of them on tape, I will never get to brag about them. :(

Jims

> falls off the world by his own fault while accomplishing nothing of value
> then asks where's everyone and why is no one defending the zone

You forgot the part where he repeatedly jumps into a giant war zone of enemy ink and complains when he gets insta-splatted.

Painful. Azure J's YouTube highlights have spoiled me.

ryechu

> falls off the world by his own fault while accomplishing nothing of value
> then asks where's everyone and why is no one defending the zone

He's giving you guys who complain about your teammates a bad rep.

watching this while studying psych for the mcat seems apt. But i wish i could play splatoon.

You forgot the part where he repeatedly jumps into a giant war zone of enemy ink and complains when he gets insta-splatted.

Painful. Azure J's YouTube highlights have spoiled me.

Yeah, I was just about to comment on that. He goes straight in the middle by himself and gets splatted by three enemies. He's also spending a lot of time shooting down at the ground and it doesn't look like he's playing with gyro controls.

WHY ARE THERE ALL THESE TEAMMATES WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE A BRUSH? WHY? OH MY GOD I FUCKING QUIT

Oops. I was just goofing off. It looked like the other brush was also goofing off. I'll let you guys in this thread know next time I do that. I let everyone in Blak's know what I was doing.

Edit: Didn't realize that the map change was so soon. Wow.

Geg

Watching that makes me wonder, what actually is a good strategy for splat zones on Moray? The whole setup just looks hard to deal with what with the zones being so far apart

Totakeke

Watching that makes me wonder, what actually is a good strategy for splat zones on Moray? The whole setup just looks hard to deal with what with the zones being so far apart

If you have a medium to long range weapon, defend until the enemy overcommits and dies then move in for their zone using both the ramp and the wall.

Oops. I was just goofing off. It looked like the other brush was also goofing off. I'll let you guys in this thread know next time I do that. I let everyone in Blak's know what I was doing.

Edit: Didn't realize that the map change was so soon. Wow.
Even after you guys left I got a brush teammate that I suspect really had no idea what they were doing.

DaBoss

I think two people using a Ranged Blaster and going after the same target could become a thing and would be better than the other blasters for this cause of the range.
And then an E-liter variant shows up and shows it who the best truly is.
I'm level 10... What will level me up faster: regular battle or ranked battle ?
Ranked if you can win consistently. Regular if you can't win Ranked consistently.

Zing

Banned
Man I forgot how awkward the blasters are to use. I don't know how some of you guys do it
I actually find the long range blasters to be much more difficult to use. Their blasts hit walls far more often, and enemy can simply move in close and require you to get a direct hit or die.

I'm coming in with Sploosh or Splash a matic. You guys aren't doing any bullshit like "bunny hop from one base to the next!!" to ruin the game again , are you?

Top Bottom