• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

DaBoss

I just played a 3v4 in ranked and lost but only lost 1 point. Is this new?
If a team starts with only 3 players, then that team will only lose 1 point if they lost the match. This will only happen if you spawn with 3 players or the 4th player DC's during the initial animation.

Malus

I think I've fixed my connection issues by changing the channel on my router. Fingers crossed.

Prefer the octobrush to the inkbrush right now, if only because it doesn't murder my hands.

Vecks

GGs Jims and Zing. Gotta let my fingers rest from all that brushing.

I think I like this brush the most out of the brushes. I don't think it's that great, but I like trying to bubble everyone while gliding. Also, having a bubble gives me a legit reason to bump people to death.

Zing

Banned
Kas is more predictable than a reality TV show.

In fact, I don't even think there is a human playing his character. It's just a computer script.

Geg

GGs everyone I played with.

Greg you gotta be able to move in closer with blasters, I kept splatting you because I still outrange the Range Blaster

Except for that time you snuck up behind me and did it lol

And I still can't be stopped
I always think like "oh god this is going to suck" whenever I see you on the other team lol

Jims

Thanks for the randoms tonight, Vecks and Zing. GGs. Thought it was going to stick to pairing all 3 of us together permanently for awhile, there.

After talking about Moray Towers strategy recently, thought tonight was a good time for a runback on that stage and try playing it more aggressively. Not a super-great night for it (due to all the Bubble Brushes), but got some good attempts going. I feel like getting on top of that grated wall is such a huge advantage for your team on that stage. Was going Custom Jet Squelcher again and found that, once I got up there, it was hard for the other team to shake me off of it. The range plus the Kraken is a really annoying combination, once you're setup up there. I could kinda keep my eye on the middle too, to make sure it wasn't filling up with gunk. Was really pleased with how well the weapon played up there.

Was also trying to emphasize looking down at the map more. Bluefin was such a great map for working on that. I feel like there's a hesitancy to not look down at the map, even when submerged in your own ink. I mean, what's the odds someone is just going to come along and randomly ink there during that 1-2 seconds of looking down?

Heng

GGs. Gonna take a break.

Definitely curious if Heng likes the range blaster or normal blaster more. Personally I prefer the rapid blaster but my splash wall game is also not up to par.
Atm, I prefer custom because the shield is really good in situations where I need to rush in and take someone out. I'm sure with time I'll like the range blaster, I'm just not use to the range yet. The Custom range might be better because of the kraken but we'll see.

I'll wear the glasses in an hour or so if you're still on.

GG btw, your strafe game is on point lol.

Jims

Trying out the new blaster after rarely playing any other blaster previously is a really, really bad idea. You gotta have good aim and timing with that thing!

Brush was pretty cool. Think I like the Octobrush better, though.

DooD1234

Okay, I starting to hate random. Sometimes get teamed up with people who either AFK, disconnected, keep getting killed at that same choke point, or just plain don't know what they are doing. Granted I'm not that amazing at this game but it's hard to win 3/2 to 4 teams and it making me frustrated.

I would play with Gaf more but can never seem to get connected to one. I can't wait to play with you guys even though there a chance I might do terrible against some of you with that new patch.

Totakeke

Atm, I prefer custom because the shield is really good in situations where I need to rush in and take someone out. I'm sure with time I'll like the range blaster, I'm just not use to the range yet. The Custom range might be better because of the kraken but we'll see.

I'll wear the glasses in an hour or so if you're still on.

GG btw, your strafe game is on point lol.

Nah it's fine. I'll just order it another time.

Strafing definitely didn't feel as useful against your ninja squid though. It was hide and seek of the worst kind, haha. Made me think twice whether I should just throw more bombs instead charging in against you in particular.

Wow, this range blaster is awful for points :/
For points it's workable *if* you have some breathing room.

For me the bigger issue is fighting. Its shot speed is horrendous so you have to either sneak up on the opponent, in which case I would rather use the Krak-On, or predict precisely where the opponent would be, which I suck at.

Vecks

I would play with Gaf more but can never seem to get connected to one. I can't wait to play with you guys even though there a chance I might do terrible against some of you with that new patch.

Yeah, the rooms are usually full, so it takes a while to get in. I don't know if you already have me or not on the friends list, but you can add me, and I'll try to join your games if I ever see you on.

Heng

Nah it's fine. I'll just order it another time.

Strafing definitely didn't feel as useful against your ninja squid though. It was hide and seek of the worst kind, haha. Made me think twice whether I should just throw more bombs instead charging in against you in particular.
Yeah it's one of the main reasons I use ninja squid. I could always learn to move at a slower speed without it but in the heat of the battle, I'm not going to remember to do that. It may have felt like it didn't help but it made me second guess whether or not to jump out and try to shoot you lol.

I'm going to use the splatterscope if you want to order my glasses ooff me, I'll try to join Azure's room.

For points it's workable *if* you have some breathing room.

For me the bigger issue is fighting. Its shot speed is horrendous so you have to either sneak up on the opponent, in which case I would rather use the Krak-On, or predict precisely where the opponent would be, which I suck at.

I tried but I don't like it. The rapid blaster has more range, is faster and has a better sub/super combo. Maybe the range blaster deco will be better.

Geg

Okay, confirmed that the enemy team can't see you make the booyah animation. I did it after shooting Azure out of the air one match and it just shows me standing still from his perspective

Can someone please help me? I haven't been able to connect to a match for about 3 weeks. I keep getting that "unable to connect to partner's device" error. I have the correct ports open and I have DMZ set for my Wii U. I can play every other game online just fine except this one.

I love this game, but I can't play it :-((((

Crayolan

Bubbler on a brush is trash. People just block you from going where you want. Kraken would make much more sense for this setup.

Geg

Bubbler on a brush is trash. People just block you from going where you want. Kraken would make much more sense for this setup.
In one match today Guysloth would have killed me with it but activated his bubbler which let me push him back into a corner

SM239

In one match today Guysloth would have killed me with it but activated his bubbler which let me push him back into a corner

Exactly what I was talking about when I said I don't get the point of it. I use it deliver bubblers to people on the front lines but I found more success in using the bubbler to run away lol

Heng

Can someone please help me? I haven't been able to connect to a match for about 3 weeks. I keep getting that "unable to connect to partner's device" error. I have the correct ports open and I have DMZ set for my Wii U. I can play every other game online just fine except this one.

I love this game, but I can't play it :-((((
How many times have you tried to connect to a match? I usually get those errors once in a while but I'm able to que up a match right after.

Geg

tumblr_nsc79r7cBJ1tvtrlco1_1280.jpg

lol

WorldStar

Banned
I know this might sound like a weird question, but its really been bugging me:

why do I feel likethmy Y axis motion controls are all messed up? if I hold the gamepad in the position that feels most natural to me, which is slightly tiled upward like the pic below, my view is towards the sky.

P1020229.jpg

I have to hold the gamepad level to the floor to have a view that I can actually play with, and actually point it downwards which is awkward if I want a better look at my surroundings/slight god's eye view.

is this normal? can I adjust this?

atr0cious

Link please so I can yeah this

why do I feel likethmy Y axis motion controls are all messed up? if I hold the gamepad in the position that feels most natural to me, which is slightly tiled upward like the pic below, my view is towards the sky.

P1020229.jpg

I have to hold the gamepad level to the floor to have a view that I can actually play with, and actually point it downwards which is awkward if I want a better look at my surroundings/slight god's eye view.

The y button will recalibrate your view. Just rest your hands to be comfortable then press y. Also try holding the gamepad with the pointers on the bumpers, and middles on the triggers. Distributes the pads weight more equally, but you have to train your fingers so you might find it weird at first.

Iwata holding the gamepad prototype:
b87KdMQ.jpg

Geg

P1020229.jpg

You can press Y at any time to center the gyro, so just hold it at the most comfortable position for you and press Y.

Link please so I can yeah this.
I tried looking for it earlier too; google reverse image search only brings up the tumblr link, no miiverse :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Deaths also mean less time to paint.

Yep. When I'm messing around I'll tap the gamepad to see and launch wherever SM239 or GuySloth are but that sometimes doesn't end well. I'm looking at the Gamepad hoping they win their one on one battle but if they don't, it's a "Ye-Yesh Booyah" before I land to a barrage of Aerospray Gold shots from the opponent.

That's 10 seconds gone.

Top Bottom