• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

WALKMAN04

Yea, this is the first time I've seen a hoverless run despite watching lots of SMS runs. It's really nice.
I don't normally watch much speed runs, but I'm loving this. I also really like the game despite its flaws so it's fun to watch it played like this

Africanus

I've started to love splat bombs. In Splat Zones they allow me to support my team from afar and catch random enemies off-guard. In turf wars they're a useful distraction as I flee.

Dual Squelcher's been getting more usage because of them.

It's fun to get some momentum and treat them like bowling.

Totakeke

You are joking, right? It's the perfect anti-blaster weapon. You sneak or brush in fast, and get at point blank range.

Nope. When you come out an attack you're mostly stationery and you're a ripe target. Easy to aim at. Even if you do splat the guy you're gunning for, another blaster nearby will easily take you out. When you run through the stage using your brush, blasters have the easiest time taking you out because of the large splash radius. There's no better weapon type to take out brushes charging forward.

Oh and another thing. Blasters are great for flushing out people hiding in ink because of the large splash radius.

Zing

Banned
Nope. When you come out an attack you're mostly stationery and you're a ripe target. Easy to aim at. Even if you do splat the guy you're gunning for, another blaster nearby will easily take you out. When you run through the stage using your brush, blasters have the easiest time taking you out because of the large splash radius. There's no better weapon type to take out brushes charging forward.
I guess you need to teach the blasters and chargers I am chasing down and taking out! The blast radius means nothing when you are inside their radius.

Totakeke

I guess you need to teach the blasters and chargers I am chasing down and taking out! The blast radius means nothing when you are inside their radius.

Well that's downside of the argument, very few people know how to properly use long range blasters. Probably SM239 can attest to that it's no easy feat approaching my blasters and we know he's a very good close combat player.

Rapid Blaster >>>>>>>> Range Blaster. Yes, I went there.

EDIT: Though to be fair my sensitivity is way too high for weapons where you have to actually aim. I have it on my roller sensitivity of 0. Next time I'll try -2 and see how that goes.

ryechu

One problem that long range blasters have is the accuracy drop while jumping is made more significant by the projectile flight length. And jumping pretty much adds a line of range anyways.

Totakeke

One problem that long range blasters have is the accuracy drop while jumping is made more significant by the projectile flight length. And jumping pretty much adds a line of range anyways.

Does that mean larger painting radius and lower splash damage?

ryechu

Does that mean larger painting radius and lower splash damage?

It means it's harder to get ohkos. The angle is very nearly multiplied by the projectile distance to get the x axis spread. When jumping at max range with the range blaster. This spread becomes wider than an inkling

Edit. You can hang in the air for a split second on the shot becomes more accurate. But I was testing out shooting right after jumping. And the shots would miss direct hits sometimes even though my cursor was on it and I was in range.

StAidan

GGs guys, I'm out. Range Blaster was fun for a while, but I don't think I can play it long term. When I wanted to stop shooting and run away, I was practically immobile for a full second every time I let go of the trigger. Just not my style.

I forced myself to play for a tiny bit. Only tried brush nouveau. Bubbler on brush really makes this the easiest brush to break through enemy lines, but still not recommended to go head to head with people, they'll just push you back. Except for rollers, this brush strikes fear for them now.

Totakeke

GGs. Gonna take a break.

Definitely curious if Heng likes the range blaster or normal blaster more. Personally I prefer the rapid blaster but my splash wall game is also not up to par.

Top Bottom