• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Burnburn

You and burnburn are CET timezones right? Hopefully scheduling won't be an issue.

I can go a number of weapons but since you're a charger I can skip charger weapons.

Tentatek Splattershot, Dynamo Roller, Rapid Blaster, Dual Squelcher. Don't mind playing any role tbqh.

Yeah, I'm CEST, Sendou is CEST+1, not sure what it's called. I'm only really good with one weapon atm, regular splattershot, but I can do some grunt work and go with the zapper for some echolocators

Sendou

You and burnburn are CET timezones right? Hopefully scheduling won't be an issue.

I can go a number of weapons but since you're a charger I can skip charger weapons.

Tentatek Splattershot, Dynamo Roller, Rapid Blaster, Dual Squelcher. Don't mind playing any role tbqh.

I'm CET but during weekends I can go anytime at all. It's just that I'm pretty much only available from Friday 16:00 CET to Sunday 19:00 CET

Gsnap

Tentatek splattershot, .96 gal, and aerospray mg are my best. I can switch between them depending on map and mode.

But I can also handle a squelcher or a blaster if we really need it (though I'm best with those in tower control). I wouldn't trust me with a charger or a roller at all.

Sendou

Charger is my game in Turf Wars but it's not as strong for me in TC and SZ. I'm still trying out different weapons to see what works for me.

I hope I can find a Charger style that's good in ranked.

Heng

I can go an hour straight without being able to connect. Sometimes I can get in on first try
As Daboss has said, if you get this message when trying to join a friend's lobby, it means 2 people are already waiting to get into the lobby and won't allow you to get into the waiting room. If you get this message when trying to join a random room, someone in that room has something wrong with their router. Do you have this problem with any other online games on the wii u?

Totakeke

Yeah time zones will be tricky on weekdays. I can play from 7pm my time (EST, GMT-5) but that's close to midnight for you guys. If anyone else or the other team has west coast guys it'll be even more tricky.

I can definitely do charger on TC as that's what I've been playing the most on that mode for.

I just watched Azure's Don't Jump highlights. Lol Neoxon.

The match after that one snipe on Azure yesterday had me juking a Kraken until it ran out and then I got splatted by the Roller. =P I'm actually glad Azure caught that on stream. It's so fun to juke that way even if you know you're gonna die. =P

On another note, I'm gonna mention the time stamps from now on. I'm rereading my last few 3 posts and it sounds like I'm being a jerk mentioning that one moment on Azure.

Yeah, that mall map is good for long range shooters. I am a roller. -.-
Krak-On or Splat Roller? Utilize your Beakons better to allow for a better push or use your Suction Bombs to dismantle snipers from their perch. Same for Squelchers if they think they are Chargers.

Exentryk

Krak-On or Splat Roller? Utilize your Beakons better to allow for a better push or use your Suction Bombs to dismantle snipers from their perch. Same for Squelchers if they think they are Chargers.

Yeah, krak on. And yeah, I do use the beakons properly. That map still sucks tho.

Had that yesterday. Today I've risen over 10 steps almost back where I started the downslide.

Oh I haven't even touched ranked this has been all turf wars where really there shouldn't be much room to be salty cause you at least get some cash but man when nothing goes your way it's terrible.

Yeah, krak on. And yeah, I do use the beakons properly. That map still sucks tho.
Are you having problems with snipers or the ramps? Red could offer better advice since he's a Roller main, but I'm hoping I can help.

What is your opening play? Do you build up your special or rush to the center?

Lol Heng squidkidding at 2:47:30. Dunno if he was taunting me or if he hit someone. At 2:35:28, Azure almost got sniped by two shots at the same time from 2 sides. Butt clencher moment right there.

Heng

Lol Heng squidkidding at 2:47:30. Dunno if he was taunting me or if he hit someone.
I only do that if the person I killed did that to me when he/she killed me. I don't recall doing that to you, but there was an aerospray that I did it to last night.

Exentryk

Are you having problems with snipers or the ramps? Red could offer better advice since he's a Roller main, but I'm hoping I can help.

What is your opening play? Do you build up your special or rush to the center?

It's mainly that enemy half if you try to go through the centre. They have these nice high spots at the top. All good though. Once I learn the map well enough, I'll be a little better.

Regiruler

>DISCONNECTS
>DROPS BACK TO A-
>FUCK NINTENDO AND THEIR NET CODE

What if the reward for level 50 is playable octoling? If the rewards are varied in nature, it would explain why their secretive. If it's just level locked weapons every five levels I'm going to be disappointed.

Crayolan

BotanicSage did the thing

Feel Good, Ink.

How is Botanic Sage so good

>DISCONNECTS
>DROPS BACK TO A-
>FUCK NINTENDO AND THEIR NET CODE

What if the reward for level 50 is playable octoling? If the rewards are varied in nature, it would explain why their secretive. If it's just level locked weapons every five levels I'm going to be disappointed.

That'd be like the one thing that could make me play nothing but this game for the next few weeks. And then I would be so burned out I wouldn't even use it.

I only do that if the person I killed did that to me when he/she killed me. I don't recall doing that to you, but there was an aerospray that I did it to last night.
That's normally my criteria for doing that, but yesterday's snipe on Azure at Bluefin left me in almost literal shock. My brain didn't know what to do. Normally I'll jump as a squid, but my brain got fried for a second, so it had me squidkid. And now that moment of dickery is forever archived on Twitch. D=

I actually screengrabbed the moment before Azure exploded from it. So yeah, either there really is some scope shenanigans or 1/8 of a second of lag allowed me to make that shot. The main Charger stream was to the left of Azure, but the vortex surrounding it (Yeah, there's a little vortex of ink surrounding the Charger blast, at least for the scope. I learned that yesterday.) was juuuuuust touching his squid feet. And I know the squid hitbox is super awkward. Remember when the direct showed that the kid and the squid jump the same height? Why can't the squid jump over a Seeker without dying?
It's mainly that enemy half if you try to go through the centre. They have these nice high spots at the top. All good though. Once I learn the map well enough, I'll be a little better.

The thing is that you also have access to those spots. If you're safe from sniper fire, you can try to flick the center from one of those spots. If you die, go to the Beakon you placed in the hallway to the right or the walkway to the left if your spawn. Remember to replace them. Yeah, the center is hard to take as a roller unless you're a pretty freaking good ninja. You can try to wall hide on the ramp if the other team has control of the middle and smack them when they get close to you. If that's the case, you're options are now to commit or retreat. If you commit, you might find yourself in a VERY bad situation because the rest of the team is there. If they aren't and they're trolling the sniper perches, you can use the little kiosk or whatever is in the center of the middle to block their shots while you build up the Kraken.

If you can get to the middle, some people don't head to the opposite ramp. Instead, they jump through the railings to the left of the ramp to get to the other side. If you can get there safely, ink all of the spots you think you need to stay safe. This means inking around objects that can block shots.

Retreating from the middle offers you some breathing room if you survive that first encounter. The other team might not want to pursue for a few seconds because there is a shark (you). This allows you to get set up and hopefully rally your team to push the middle.

If you can get up the wall to the enemy's hallway, try your best to control it. If your team is competent enough, they will super jump to you so that they can push more. The problem is that you might have to wait until they die. That's when most people check the map. When you're in that walkway, you must be hyper aware of both the middle section of the map and the other end of that hallway for any enemies that might appear. This is where you need to be a shark. They will know someone is in there, so just fling ink at the center when it's safe to do so.

(Ow, my thumb. Mobile typing sucks.)

Top Bottom