• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Zing

Banned
hot dogs or marshmallows?

anyone else think that's kind of a weird set of choices?
Those are the two most common things to roast over a campfire. It makes sense.

Given the high amount of children in the game, the sugary item is sure to be most popular.

Heng

If you've ever been to Texas you'd know this is wrong. Fresh corndog is a cut above.
This is true.

just unlocked the splatterscope

do you guys turn down the sensitivity for it? kinda hard to aim on my old sensitivity settings

also, it decent for tower? thats the current ranked mode but i wanna try it out

edit: meant splatterscope NOT splattershot
I play with a -5 sensitivity with almost all weapons since I prefer the accuracy and I don't mind moving my hands around since I'm fast in doing so. The only weapon I use with high sensitivity is the brush, which is at +5.

Jintor

you know i have this weird aversion to people saying 'japanese' instead of 'japanese people', but i wouldn't bat an eye at 'americans' or 'australians'.

hmmm... but if you said 'this train is full of english', i'd wince slightly.

language is weird.

I am thinking. After the update, turf war will be a better mode to level up. Since people may get only 1 or 4 point playing ranked mode because they win too fast and don't cover much floor.

DaBoss

I feel like that tournament is gonna be a bust because it is planning to have 64 teams. That's far too many I think. And then it will be just a day after the August update actually comes out and we don't exactly know the details of how the rooms will work. And then there is a Splatfest the day after the tournament starts and we already know we can't change our shirts during Splatfest, so it would be a bust just for that reason, even if private rooms were to work during Splatfest (which I think they won't).
you know i have this weird aversion to people saying 'japanese' instead of 'japanese people', but i wouldn't bat an eye at 'americans' or 'australians'.

hmmm... but if you said 'this train is full of english', i'd wince slightly.

language is weird.
I actually do that too lol.

I just find saying "Japanese" to be disrespectful or something, so I say "Japanese players".

Language is weird.
I am thinking. After the update, turf war will be a better mode to level up. Since people may get only 1 or 4 point playing ranked mode because they win too fast and don't cover much floor.
It wouldn't make sense to apply the Splatfest leveling up system to Ranked for lvl20+.

I think they will give the equivalent amount of level points as the win bonus currently gives in terms of cash. So B+ matches would give 14 points or something and then a +2 or something for a KO victory.

Ahnez

Well, they can use kills for that, like 1 point for one kill, and 2 for 4, plus 3 if you win

Crisium

Oh, they are almost out of team space for the Squid boards tourney.

Is Robotguy still organizing anything? I have no played with Burnburn or Sendou before so I don't want to steal their last opening.

Burnburn

I feel like that tournament is gonna be a bust because it is planning to have 64 teams. That's far too many I think. And then it will be just a day after the August update actually comes out and we don't exactly know the details of how the rooms will work. And then there is a Splatfest the day after the tournament starts and we already know we can't change our shirts during Splatfest, so it would be a bust just for that reason, even if private rooms were to work during Splatfest (which I think they won't).

Well, I don't expect it to go perfectly, but in the end it's just for fun. It's also to test the waters for maybe a second tournament and I would love to be part of the first one just to see how it compares to maybe tournaments in 3-4 months or so.

It will also be pretty fun to work together as a team in a tournament, get to know each others skills, adapting together on the fly, etc.

Oh, they are almost out of team space for the Squid boards tourney.

Is Robotguy still organizing anything? I have no played with Burnburn or Sendou before so I don't want to steal their last opening.

We could always join forces if we both can't get enough people, we're still only at 3 atm.

Had some great games in Ranked last night, had back to back 15-4 games. Sad thing is why I am the only going after the splat zone while my 3 teammates are doing who knows what? Happened a bunch of times last night.

DaBoss

Well, I don't expect it to go perfectly, but in the end it's just for fun. It's also to test the waters for maybe a second tournament and I would love to be part of the first one just to see how it compares to maybe tournaments in 3-4 months or so.

It will also be pretty fun to work together as a team in a tournament, get to know each others skills, adapting together on the fly, etc.
Oh, definitely, the matches will be fun.

It's the experience outside of matches will be annoying. That's always put a damper on things for me when it comes to online tournaments (particularly the 1st ones held for a game).
Splat zones, like any other koth mode, is dependent on being aware of the death cycles of the enemy team
I wanted to talk about this.

I think this applies to every mode in Splatoon. You want to have control over something in each of the modes. The death cycles are very important for this. Team wipeouts are usually when the other team take control and gain a significant amount of ground.

And then for that reason, stacked Quick Respawn is very strong. You reduce the time that the enemy team has uncontested control.

Nico_D

From B- 60 to B+ 40. Back again. Now to stay there.

I'm loving the Splatterscope too. Although I really like E-Liter Scope too. Depends on the map.

nom

Probably just had one of my top 3 kills ever against James. I was hanging on the mid-tower in Skatepark when I saw James approaching. Charged up and then fell down and managed to kill James climbing the tower before I hit the ground.

Yep, I think that would have been worthy of a slowed down 360 no scope style montage

Totakeke

Oh, one team spot left and robotguy is nowhere to be found, he failed us!

It's okay unless someone wants to form a team right now

Totakeke

Well how big was your team, room for 3 more?

Robotguy was trying to form two teams I think.

We don't have teams yet, but people who I've seen express interest so far are me, RedFyn, Black_Status, Totakeke, Timeasisis, Azure J, Gsnap, J@ranimo, PreyingShark, Jims, Crisium, and atr0cious.

I'd say go ahead and register your team, just put a couple of our names in then worry about the details later.

Sendou

I'd say go ahead and register your team, just put a couple of our names in then worry about the details later.

Well you can only enter 8 people so I'd like to know from people actually wanting to play for sure.

But yeah for sure let's go with the four that have said they're interested and figure out the rest 4 later.

Gsnap

Oh, one team spot left and robotguy is nowhere to be found, he failed us!

It's okay unless someone wants to form a team right now

I thought we had until August 5th?

Well put my name down.

Or do I have to do it myself? I'm on my phone right now. Did we miss it?

Sendou

So Totakeke, Gsnap and Africanus. What are you preferred weapons? If there's multiple people wanting to join I suggest we decide on the rest three based on the fact that having variety is a good thing.

Keep getting an error code saying session is full while trying to join either Benny or Sendou =/

Well I'm in the queue so that makes sense.

Burnburn

Okay, so some info in the spreadsheet is off, lol. Anyone any clue how I can change it, do I have to PM a mod?

Edit: Also can someone stream? :x

Totakeke

You and burnburn are CET timezones right? Hopefully scheduling won't be an issue.

I can go a number of weapons but since you're a charger I can skip charger weapons.

Tentatek Splattershot, Dynamo Roller, Rapid Blaster, Dual Squelcher. Don't mind playing any role tbqh.

Top Bottom