• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Thought I'd spread some propaganda for the superior team on Miiverse.

MlWA7734WzoXK1xAjI

You're overestimating the amount of people using the exploit. There have always been and always will be people in the wrong rank due to how the ranking system works. As for people leaving, how in the world would you know if they're cheating or not? People leave for all sorts of legitimate reasons.

Pretty much everyone I have played against and with at A+ were roughly the same skill level. Not once have I thought, "this person has no business here".

I have to assume that anyone wasting time to save/load is low skilled and it would take them eons to rank up, as they would consistently lose. I doubt anyone in A or A+ rank is doing such a thing. By the time you get there, you realize that playing with people your skill level is what generates enjoyment, not the letter next to your name.

Fair enough but it's been a couple of weeks since I last played ranked and I don't remember things being this bad. The losers would usually clear out to find better matchups but I'm not used to hitting continue and seeing just me and another player sitting alone in the lobby for a few minutes until it refills or times out.

Maybe the matchmaking servers are unusually bad this afternoon and I'm just having bad luck with lobbies. I do hope that Nintendo can come up with some way to detect cheaters and not penalize you when someone rage quits because it's really frustrating after a string of losses to lose a match that you're dominating because the lobby mysteriously crashes right before the end :(

Regiruler

I saw a fake contacts with 3 special up subs and I was like "weird they gave it a brand with an affinity to something it already has, but ok".

Now I'm in my plaza a day later, doing some browsing, and now I realize tentakek's affinity is recovery up.

I witnessed an RNG legend and didn't realize it.

RedFyn

Its possible that theyre all cheating but you really just have to assume that they aren't because there isn't any way to know. Sure you can think everyone around you is cheating but it just sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

Even when I win in ranked I normally leave. The teams don't stay the same consistently so I don't care much about trying to stick with a good team. They usually end up on the other team.

Geg

If the main isn't worth it then neither the sub is worth it.

I'm still not totally sure if you're saying it's worth having it as a dual squelcher or not lol. After looking some stuff up it looks like run speed up doesn't actually affect the speed you walk while shooting? If that's true then yeah it wouldn't be worth it I think

Vecks

I'm still not totally sure if you're saying it's worth having it as a dual squelcher or not lol. After looking some stuff up it looks like run speed up doesn't actually affect the speed you walk while shooting? If that's true then yeah it wouldn't be worth it I think

Run speed up affects the speed when shooting, but lighter weapons like splatter shot jr or aerospray will get much more noticeable difference.

Totakeke

It does. We're evaluating if a ability is worth it for a specific weapon or not. You're interested in whether it's worth it to get the sub ability for a weapon. Instead of trying to get the sub abilities, substitute it for the main ability when you test it in the test range, hence, you can now simulate what is it like to have the sub ability. Personally I don't believe run speed up is worth it, main or sub, for a dual squelcher, but why listen to me when you can test it out yourself?

Its possible that theyre all cheating but you really just have to assume that they aren't because there isn't any way to know. Sure you can think everyone around you is cheating but it just sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

Even when I win in ranked I normally leave. The teams don't stay the same consistently so I don't care much about trying to stick with a good team. They usually end up on the other team.

I'm mostly annoyed by how long it's taking to get into a match. Like I said I haven't played in a while so maybe behavior has changed and everyone just resets now and I assumed wrongly that it means they're using the exploit. I did like it better before where the lobby stayed somewhat consistent and you could get a feel for the other players strength/weaknesses. I'm not really not that great in Splatzones at all so it would be good to get a good team and stay there so I can get some money for Spike LOL

Vecks

I'm mostly annoyed by how long it's taking to get into a match. Like I said I haven't played in a while so maybe behavior has changed and everyone just resets now and I assumed wrongly that it means they're using the exploit. I did like it better before where the lobby stayed somewhat consistent and you could get a feel for the other players strength/weaknesses. I'm not really not that great in Splatzones at all so it would be good to get a good team and stay there so I can get some money for Spike LOL

I think that's just how it is. Everyone leaves the lobby after a match. And I think it's mostly because of how long it takes to get started again. If you just leave and rejoin, you'll get back into matches faster.

Regiruler

I think that's just how it is. Everyone leaves the lobby after a match. And I think it's mostly because of how long it takes to get started again. If you just leave and rejoin, you'll get back into matches faster.
That just makes the problem worse.

How the fuck do you people do anything with the brush.

Yeah, I see that now. It wasn't like that around launch but I guess back then people weren't leaving as often when they lost. I think I'm done with the zones for now though. I can't deal with Port Mackerel, it's way too frustrating to go back and forth trying to figure out why the other zone keeps getting lost :/

Sendou

which one? one time I saw I killed you and I was off doing something.. must have been a mine lol

edit: inkbrush with bubbler is too damn ridiculous...

Bluefin Depot. You were on a upper platform launching an Ink Strike. Took me a few seconds to line up the shot.

Ozium

Yeah, I see that now. It wasn't like that around launch but I guess back then people weren't leaving as often when they lost. I think I'm done with the zones for now though. I can't deal with Port Mackerel, it's way too frustrating to go back and forth trying to figure out why the other zone keeps getting lost :/

maybe some people just leave because they lost and think their team sucks?

edit: sendou oh.. yeah I was like damn :/

Geg

I'm totally expecting marshmallow to win the popularity count, but then again I was wrong about the popularity predictions for both of the previous splatfests so who knows

Top Bottom