• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

>DISCONNECTS
>DROPS BACK TO A-
>FUCK NINTENDO AND THEIR NET CODE

What if the reward for level 50 is playable octoling? If the rewards are varied in nature, it would explain why their secretive. If it's just level locked weapons every five levels I'm going to be disappointed.

Playable Octoling at 50? Sign me up!

WorldStar

Banned
team marshmallow or team hotdog?

also, what the fuck is a splatfest? i only recently picked up this game and have no idea wtf it is

Ahnez

Level 21 -> 22 is 48p

Lets say each level only increases the needed amount by 1

So, Level 21 -> 50 would take 1798p

360 wins with 400p+ turf inked lol

Splatfest voting is up. Marie confirmed for loving cylinders of meat

edit

also, what the fuck is a splatfest? i only recently picked up this game and have no idea wtf it is

It's an event that lasts one day

During this event, you can only play the regular Turf War mode, and will play only with people who choose the same team as you.

Your team will only play against team who choose the other choice (unless there's no one avaliable to play against)

How much you play/score during the event, as well as if your team won or lost, defines how many Super Sea Snails you will get

Super Sea Snails are items that allow you to reroll equipment abilities or add slots to it. It can be done without them, but its really expensive

Then playable Squid-Gramp when you hit 100 in some future update.
Nah man, playable DJ Octavio! Gotta splat those slimy little hipsters.

Pick whichever you prefer. And it's an all day long turf war. Once you pick your team you fight for your honor (and the sea snails for Spyke).

Rize_21

It's basically Turf Wars at night, there's like 4 levels to grind before reaching the ultimate rank, which will give you the best reward ( super sea snails for Spike, 18 if you're with the losing side, 24 if you're with Callie), you have the choice to stay with your team at the end of each match, this way if you have some synergy with your teammates you'll roll easily on the opponents.
And... you have to give the shirt back once the event is done.

Geg

Oh yeah yesterday I asked for advice about triple run speed up subs

Speaking of actually using my sea snails, I've been thinking about rerolling my boots for multiple run speed ups since that's the brand's bias. Run speed up affects your walking/strafing speed while shooting right? I know the dual squelcher is a bit slower to walk and shoot with than a lot of weapons and sometimes I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because of that but it's hard to be sure. Is it worth trying to get those three subs?
So is it worth trying to get those to up my strafing speed or is the difference in speed negligible?

I'm sure that Team Hot Dog is going to win the popularity vote but is there a chance that Team Marshmallow is going to get white ink?

I need that beautiful white marshmallow fluff all over my face! :3

Hmm, wait a minute :{

Ahnez

I'm sure that Team Hot Dog is going to win the popularity vote but is there a chance that Team Marshmallow is going to get white ink?

I need that beautiful white marshmallow fluff all over my face! :3

Hmm, wait a minute :{

Technically.. The ones who get covered in white ink are the opposing team's players

Not sure where it tells you that. Or I just miss it everytime lol.

The ranked mode along with current stages are listed when you tap “Stages” on the Wii U GamePad's screen. The mode is also written on the top-left corner when you're in the online menu (when choosing ranked / Turf War / join friend).

Sendou

Well, I'm terrified of asking because GAF is supposed to be full of people who are godly at this game, but does anyone want to add me? I want to get better.

For sure. I'll add you the next chance I get. Your NNID would help though.

Btw everyone join me. There's a couple of pretty decent Japanese players on. In same clan or something.

For sure. I'll add you the next chance I get. Your NNID would help though.

Btw everyone join me. There's a couple of pretty decent Japanese players on. In same clan or something.

I can send you a friend request right now, if you want to give me yours.

Otherwise, I'll hide my NNID in email tags in this post. Using the spreadsheet is awkward in mobile.

DaBoss

I would if I could, but you're not showing up on my friends list.

I hope the August update addresses this issue. It would be annoying if you can't join a private battle because they don't show up online on your friends list. It's weird how this problem doesn't exist in other Nintendo games.

Sendou

I would if I could, but you're not showing up on my friends list.

I hope the August update addresses this issue. It would be annoying if you can't join a private battle because they don't show up online on your friends list. It's weird how this problem doesn't exist in other Nintendo games.

My running theory is that this feature is bugged when you're trying to join a friend that had joined a friend of their's before. For example can you join me now?

DaBoss

My running theory is that this feature is bugged when you're trying to join a friend that had joined a friend of their's before. For example can you join me now?
No, I can't join. The only person showing up on my Friends List is StAidan.

I've joined many people who did that without an issue as well, so I don't think that's it. :/

Ranked is even worse now because of all the people clearly using the save exploit. The lobby completely clears out after every match so the losers can load and the winners can save and you can tell there are people on both teams that have no business being in a lobby ranked above C- :/

Totakeke

Ranked is even worse now because of all the people clearly using the save exploit. The lobby completely clears out after every match so the losers can load and the winners can save and you can tell there are people on both teams that have no business being in a lobby ranked above C- :/

If that's true (and I don't think it is), it would mean that it's now easier to rank up because a lot more people are weaker, right?

No, I can't join. The only person showing up on my Friends List is StAidan.

I've joined many people who did that without an issue as well, so I don't think that's it. :/

I had to join Azure's room through you once. I think it might have been yesterday or the day before. Everyone else in that room wasn't showing up.

If that's true (and I don't think it is), it would mean that it's now easier to rank up because a lot more people are weaker, right?

They're all on your team.

RedFyn

You're overestimating the amount of people using the exploit. There have always been and always will be people in the wrong rank due to how the ranking system works. As for people leaving, how in the world would you know if they're cheating or not? People leave for all sorts of legitimate reasons.

Zing

Banned
Pretty much everyone I have played against and with at A+ were roughly the same skill level. Not once have I thought, "this person has no business here".

I have to assume that anyone wasting time to save/load is low skilled and it would take them eons to rank up, as they would consistently lose. I doubt anyone in A or A+ rank is doing such a thing. By the time you get there, you realize that playing with people your skill level is what generates enjoyment, not the letter next to your name.

It has been actually but now matchmaking takes forever and it's hard to keep a good team together because the lobby empties every match. Getting the bad luck of being on a team full of high-ranked players that have no idea what they're doing seems to be happening too often.

For example I just went 12-6, not great or anything but the next highest person on my all B ranked team was 5-9 and the last guy went 2-12. Makes winning matches with consistency hard when you're not good enough to carry an entire team solo :(

Geg

Negligible. You can try it out in the test range, just equip 3x main run speed up and see if you think the difference is worth it.

Well I'm talking about getting a 3x sub, not main. That's about the equivalent of one main though right?

Top Bottom