• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Crayolan

Certainly would like videos of that in action. Like if you can manage that when the tower is over the water on arowana mall, then props to you. :p

Never played on Arowana, but I've done it over the pit on Saltspray. I usually don't do the jumping off part there, but if you ink the pipes it's possible.

Jims

I think I'm starting to get into Tower Control more than I thought I would. The first few matches, I didn't really get into it that much because I like the tactical area-control aspect of Splatoon the most. But Tower Control is winning me over a little more.

There's a lot of emphasis on timing in general. Either waiting for your team to start a march forward, or just stalling a little (hopping off, hopping on, hopping off) when things get dicey. Knowing when to jump into the meat grinder to keep a push going, or when to just back off and re-group. I really enjoy the tension of being deep in their territory and deciding when/whether to park the tower temporarily. Being the one to ride the tower to victory is a really great feeling.

Stealth Jump (even post-nerf) feels like it's practically required for this mode.

DaBoss

Carbon Roller is so bad in Turf War and is affected so much by Echolocator cause the one and only thing going for it are fast one shot kills where you need to be pretty much next to the target to land and with no real objective in Turf War, you're screwed.

noshten

As long as there is no chargers on the opposite team, tower mode is pretty easy. I think I found the right loadout that would be effective for my playstyle on this mode. I think a good charger is the most devastating thing on this mode definitely. Blaster you could try to flank because of their range but try flanking a charger with high ground or distance advantage - as soon as you are in his crosshair death is assured.

WALKMAN04

Yeah, I imagine I was about as helpful as usual.
You were doing fine with the dual squelchers.

I've been playing like shit all day long, I can't seem to aim anything. Couldn't get a hit with the dual squelchers, or the charger, or the inkzooka, I'm just having one of those days where I can't aim. Only thing going for me was the splattershot. I'm taking a break hopefully if I'm back on later I can hit something. Good games guys.

SM239

Useless rolls were useless. Oh well =\

I've never really used the .52 Gal Deco before or any weapon with a seeker come to think of it. I guess I'll try this out for a bit.

Malus

I must have been playing the fake A level players yesterday because I've been playing nothing but Splat Gods with tool assisted aim and 1 hit kill cheats today lol.

I had one game where it was overtime and it was looking like we were gonna make a late comeback, and I died. Looked to my map to see 3 of my teammates crowded around the Tower uncontested...and they just stood there I assume shooting enemies and none of them bothered to get on the damn Tower. We lost :(.

Jims

Or you could just not bother with the grinder

That's true, but I feel like there's some situations where just going the long way around ends up being pointless. If you're on Kelp Dome and the tower is at the other team's 15 and is starting to go downhill for your team... Is jumping into a stupid death going to hurt the team really significantly? I feel like the probability is that the other team is going to re-take and run it back to the middle again, so a quick death and a swim back to the middle after the takeover just puts you back at neutral again.

The counter-argument would be that swimming over, you'd potentially be able to catch them riding back at around 30 or something and slow them down. If you can win that encounter again, you can easily run it back to 15 again before they come back. I dunno, I can see the counter-argument.

Just risking a stupid death to grind out another 5 points (or somehow a win) feels worth the risk. I at least like having the option to try it. I don't do it a lot, but I like having the option there.

Azure J

Carbon Roller is so bad in Turf War and is affected so much by Echolocator cause the one and only thing going for it are fast one shot kills where you need to be pretty much next to the target to land and with no real objective in Turf War, you're screwed.

This is funny. It's like the Inkbrush Clause™ except without the benefits of having the former's speed and relatively low profile.

Azure J

Useless rolls were useless. Oh well =\

I've never really used the .52 Gal Deco before or any weapon with a seeker come to think of it. I guess I'll try this out for a bit.

I actually think you'll do work with the Deco or the Aero MG. I kinda picked the former as a hard counter to your Tentatek way back and it was doing serviceable work. The latter is if you really value Inkzooka.

Robotguy

You were doing fine with the dual squelchers.

I've been playing like shit all day long, I can't seem to aim anything. Couldn't get a hit with the dual squelchers, or the charger, or the inkzooka, I'm just having one of those days where I can't aim. Only thing going for me was the splattershot. I'm taking a break hopefully if I'm back on later I can hit something. Good games guys.
Felt like I've been doing pretty poorly most of the day. Gaf players don't want to let me keep my spacing. And I have no idea approach the top of salt spray once the other team takes it in the GAF room. That shit is brutal.

I tried using the .52 deco on tower in the port and I got wrecked but other people were using it just fine. I dunno if it was because I usually spam the seekers (lol ink) or if I was used to a faster weapon from yesterday.

I keep trying to jump from the balcony of the plaza to the hood of the truck

it's never happening, is it? :( ....

If my game's telling me that splatfest begins at 3am 7/4 it's adjusted for EST right? meaning it officially starts at midnight on the west coast?

Totakeke

No one told me that preset teams are already in.

Tower Control on Port Mackerel, enemy on tower, killer wail one lane, once done, inkzookas, then once that's over, killer wail the other lane, then once that's done, bubbler. WTF.

Even with that they didn't make it to the end, but the lead was too much.

vanty

Just had a game of Turf War on Saltspray Rig where my three teammates, all lvl 20, did nothing but spam voice commands and super jumps all within the spawn area. We still ended up like 20 vs 70 with just me against four.

Felt like a TF2 pub server or something.

Blues1990

So, has anyone been experimenting with different weapon sets? You know, to try something out of your comfort zone?

Out of all the weapons in the game, I bounce back between the Aerospray MG, Inkbrush, & the Kelp Splatterscope, but I've decided to try out the Dual Squelcher today. While I love it's range and rate of fire, the stupid weapon consumes far too much ink for my taste. The inkbrush is (surprisingly) fun to use, though I still haven't figured how how to kill my foes without getting caught in the crossfire. The Kelp Splatterscope is a powerful weapon, but I still need to figure out how to use it and not let my prey get away. Or, more often than not, it usually turns out like this for me:

clever-girl-o.gif

The Aerospray MG has been by bread & butter, as it's brilliant for covering lots of ground and dealing with hard to pin down players. Also, tossing a seeker to gain a few more points in turf wars has saved my team from defeat, especially if I toss it down a long path filled with ink.

Top Bottom