• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

Okay so either shooting the Kraken while it's not even jumping still does slow it down or the Kraken I went up against earlier was lagging like crazy because it was basically moving in slow motion as I shot at it

Robotguy

Okay so either shooting the Kraken while it's not even jumping still does slow it down or the Kraken I went up against earlier was lagging like crazy because it was basically moving in slow motion as I shot at it
They increased kockback on Kraken with the update.

Robotguy

Yeah for some reason I thought that was only while it's jumping though, not just swimming. I think I've tried shooting a swimming Kraken before and it didn't seem to do anything
Oh, misread your post. Yeah, that's what I thought as well.

Geg

Oh wait does the slowdown of ninja squid affect the Kraken's swim speed as well? That might have been why it was so slow

noshten

DaBoss you are wrecking with that charger

Hope we end up on the same team next match

Well this game was a tough pill to swallow,

DaBoss

DaBoss you are wrecking with that charger

Hope we end up on the same team next match

Well this game was a tough pill to swallow,
Thanks. I just wanted to try out Tower Control on Arowana Mall since I never got to try it out on that map yet. Also wanted to see if the charger would be as strong in this mode on that map as it is in other modes. Seems like it is.

I'm guessing you're LastMario? That name sounded familiar to me, so I'm guessing that is you. You were very scary with the roller on the Port and the squid beakons on the Mall were annoying lol.

The win condition for the winning team in over time is really unforgiving. In the Mall match, I just used my Killer Wail to get your teammate off of the tower and then went on the tower myself and won the game. I feel they should make it so the Tower has to be in the winning team's control for like 2 seconds.

Deadman

Up to B. Didn't know the attack and armour upgrades did so little, so I've switched them out for ones that can actually help.

Regiruler

Oh wait does the slowdown of ninja squid affect the Kraken's swim speed as well? That might have been why it was so slow
We noticed there was only a detriment to users using kraken and ninja squid. To compensate, the kraken is now invisible.

Other changes have been made to improve overall user experience.

Regiruler

What exactly is splatfest? Turf war? Tower control?
Turf war, with supposedly 3 maps per 4 hour rotation as opposed to 2.

There are some cosmetic changes as well, and your body slot must be the splatfest tee to play, meaning any body-only perks won't be usable during splatfest (the tee itself is special saver).

noshten

I feel like people are scared of death on tower control. You gotta ride if you wanna win.

I ride the tower when I have Kraken otherwise I just hang on the sides, placing Beacons and trying to Flank. Especially on these two maps I have no choice.

I just wonder if it's the SplatFest in Japan causing all the Errors in lobbies

Malus

About to win first match in A+, disconnect. :'(

Splash Wall is like an auto win when it gets to overtime. Assuming they don't kill you before you get to the tower.

Totakeke

I think you can be a really good tower rider if you know how to adjust your aim with the tower moving while simultaneously walking around the tower to use the pillar to block enemy shots. Tis a skill to be learned.

noshten

I guess I should enter a new lobby after every ranked match unless I want to wait for an error

Thanks. I just wanted to try out Tower Control on Arowana Mall since I never got to try it out on that map yet. Also wanted to see if the charger would be as strong in this mode on that map as it is in other modes. Seems like it is.

I'm guessing you're LastMario? That name sounded familiar to me, so I'm guessing that is you. You were very scary with the roller on the Port and the squid beakons on the Mall were annoying lol.

The win condition for the winning team in over time is really unforgiving. In the Mall match, I just used my Killer Wail to get your teammate off of the tower and then went on the tower myself and won the game. I feel they should make it so the Tower has to be in the winning team's control for like 2 seconds.

Playing with a Roller there is one thing I dread facing on any map a great charger player shuts me down. While other guns are easier to pounce onto the Charger is impossible to track down especially on this mode.

You were great and I wasn't able to get anywhere near you all game. I think I need to figure out the best sub skill for shirt on this mode for a roller.

Crayolan

I think you can be a really good tower rider if you know how to adjust your aim with the tower moving while simultaneously walking around the tower to use the pillar to block enemy shots. Tis a skill to be learned.

Usually what I do is quickly move back and forth switching between jumping and swimming on the back end of the tower, then jump off and pretend like I'm running away, then jump right back on and repeat. Basically keep doing this until the other team comes close enough for me to kill them.

fred

Aw bollocks. Yesterday I was doing really well on Tower Control but today I was bloomin useless and undid most of the progres I made. Bloody game lol

Totakeke

Usually what I do is quickly move back and forth switching between jumping and swimming on the back end of the tower, then jump off and pretend like I'm running away, then jump right back on and repeat. Basically keep doing this until the other team comes close enough for me to kill them.

Certainly would like videos of that in action. Like if you can manage that when the tower is over the water on arowana mall, then props to you. :p

Zing

Banned
Sigh.

Had 3 communication errors in a row and I deranked. Really wish they figured out a way that if the host dced then the others wouldn't get affected. :/
I've had only two since release day. If you are getting several in a row, it could be your connection that is the cause.

Top Bottom