• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

I'm curious, why no jumping? Is it because it throws off your aim or is it just faster to stay on the ground and shoot? I've found success with jumping but if you guys have a good reason to not jump, I'll give it a try.
I found that trying to extend the range of the range blaster by jumping made the shot miss due to the added degrees of uncertainty. The ranges in which this did not happen was starting the jump around the max range of a grounded shot. So, I came to conclusion that you should only jump when it gives you vantage or you are advancing into enemy ink. If you are in your own ink it seems better to swim I to range and shoot.

Heng

I jump with custom blaster, but with range blaster, the angles are tough, plus I want to be able to swim back. Need to keep at range. With regular blaster, I charge in.
I found that trying to extend the range of the range blaster by jumping made the shot miss due to the added degrees of uncertainty. The ranges in which this did not happen was starting the jump around the max range of a grounded shot. So, I came to conclusion that you should only jump when it gives you vantage or you are advancing into enemy ink. If you are in your own ink it seems better to swim I to range and shoot.
Ah I see. I've gotten use to jump shooting and I'm fairly accurate doing so. The momentum I get from jumping allows me to get away from enemies coming at me and also catch up to enemies trying to run away. I'll give it few games without jumping to see if it fits my style.

Because I snipe the fuck out of jumpers. ;P
Quartz pls.

splatoon_summer-pc_1920_1080.png

splatoon_summer-iphone6plus_shisa.png

Nintendo just email these.

RedFyn

Emil should keep playing close combat weapons because he's sure good at those. Not in a sneaky way like Red plays them but just solid head-on combat skills.
That's how I play short ranged weapons not named roller. I just only do that in ranked so no one really knows.

ryechu

That moment when you realize your headphones are reversed because you hear Marie's voice with your left ear in squidbeatz. My obsession with this game is unhealthy.

Rize_21

These are fantastic!

Getting some intermittent lag off Doc's roller.
Yeah, the whole room was lagging heavily( no ink shown one or two times, shootings/ rolling from the grave,shark attackproof, instant sniping), for me, hope the private rooms will improve/remove these things.
That art tho, but the artist got it wrong, splatterscope inkling should get the snorkel while rolling girl the glasses with Quick respawn, meh, won't save that pic. :/

Top Bottom