• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

I figured most of the guys on here would be A+. I'm only middling in the competitive modes and I've gotten 8 points twice away from vanilla A. A bad run last night knocked me down to B+ though.

I'm consistently getting screwed over by matchmaking, so middle of B is where I'm stuck.

I can't even play for money because this is so bad.

Azure J

Some pics of some of the new gear, sorry if its old:

...I need those RayBans like last year. :O

Was a proper pic of Flounder Heights posted?

splatoon-61.jpg

http://nintendoeverything.com/anoth...-to-splatoon-shortly/?pid=87189&pageid=213109

YO IT'S FLATBUSH AVENUE

Totakeke

Very soon you all can squad up
and feel the pain together
:p

I think they should create a separate rank for squad battles. I want to witness high level squad battles when the rank is at stake for S rankers.

Robotguy

Very soon you all can squad up
and feel the pain together
:p

I think they should create a separate rank for squad battles. I want to witness high level squad battles when the rank is at stake for S rankers.
Yeah, I always thought they would have to create separate squad ranking system or else not count squad battles in your ranking score.

Totakeke

Yeah, I always thought they would have to create separate squad ranking system or else not count squad battles in your ranking score.

It'll clutter up the UI a bit and maybe make it less intuitive for new players, but it creates so much more potential gameplay time.

Geg

I don't understand why it matters. I don't care if I get knocked down in rank. I mainly played ranked to get money lol.

One reason is just being caught in an endless spiral of making it to one win away from A- and losing four games in a row simply isn't fun. And that's also around the time I started playing more often in gaf rooms and found those were way more fun and less frustrating than ranked so I don't really have a ton of motivation to go back

Zing

Banned
Joining James in turf war now. Anyone else?

I am still wearing my all Tentatek gear today in celebration of the inkzooka nerf.

DCAlba and Nathan are here too. Haha, two nathans in same room. Awesome.

I know I can't post an image of a scan, but can i post the link of the scan. It shows the squid girl costume
EDIT: omg I won't be able to play as Squid Girl until Friday, noooo!!

Timeaisis

I don't play ranked as much because it's frustrating as hell to go on a losing streak and drop a rank. I really like the modes, though. So, I'm looking forward to squadding up tonight.

backlot

Play some randoms and wait for a Japanese player to show up wearing it, it shouldn't take long

They don't have it yet. We're still gonna have to wait for midnight to hit after the update for new gear to have a chance of showing up in peoples' stores.

je_ssi e

This is what I want to hear!
Never changing my outfit again.

Was using gear with the same mains all day yesterday and I didn't feel handicapped, besides trying to slowly weed myself off the crutch that is Ink Resistance. It's hard. I don't like the sticky.

Sucks if you have to purchase each piece from the store, but I shouldn't expect anything else. Hope the new stuff has a higher chance to pop up. Spyke will be getting a visit from me for some of the pieces, I'm sure.

Anyways.. bring on the update!

backlot

Can anyone describe what this costume looks like? What's the boy version look like?

The hat looks like a white squid head. Imagine a blooper head. Then there's a blue dress and shoes that look like what the character wears. The boy version is a shirt with the same pattern as the dress.

J@hranimo

Banned
So with Squid Girl coming to the US, that should mean it's coming...everywhere lol.

Oh yeah for those that want Day 1 Bucket room action: I may or may not do that because some of my irl friends wanna squad up in ranked. If that's the case, no bucket room from me. Someone else here will probably do the bucket room anyway.

Screw everyone in ranked. I want money? Headless chickens on my team. I want rank up? They all run into the enemy's meatgrinder. Oh, and that Pillar of Protection? Doesn't work for me.

Violet_0

Banned
It takes a bit longer to charge the special now. Echolocator got the same nerf while Killer Wail now charges faster.
Iirc, it's for the inkzooka and echolocator, 180 pts to charge up before, 220 pts after.
I didn't even know that the specials had different charge times. The nerf makes sense though, Inkzooka is like super good

I'll take you to either A+ or C- after the update, Blue :p

Vecks

I didn't even know that the specials had different charge times. The nerf makes sense though, Inkzooka is like super good

I'll take you to either A+ or C- after the update, Blue :p

I think they all had the same charge times until this nerf. 180 seems to be the standard.
Now I think the patch makes it 220 for inkzooka, 200 for echo, and 160 for killer wail.

Oh sure, they wait until the very last day to confirm.

Top Bottom