• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

I don't actually think I want to spend a lot of time in private rooms tonight; I want to work on leveling and discovering what the "rewards" every five levels are. So if anyone on GAF just wants to play TW, I'd like to do that.

backlot

I don't actually think I want to spend a lot of time in private rooms tonight; I want to work on leveling and discovering what the "rewards" every five levels are. So if anyone on GAF just wants to play TW, I'd like to do that.

I'll probably be doing squad or turf war. My NNID is backlot if you want to add me. Anyone else feel free to send me a friend request as well.

backlot: Have I added you? NNID PreyingShark man we make NNIDs so complicated.

Inquisitive: What's your NNID? Dunno if I've added you but I'm up for Turf Wars.

DaBoss

The only way to nerf the Inkzooka is to fix the awful lag compensation it has. I think the specials should only splat in the perspective of the person who is on the receiving end of it.

The only way to nerf the Inkzooka is to fix the awful lag compensation it has. I think the specials should only splat in the perspective of the person who is on the receiving end of it.

Yeah, this is the big problem with the Inkzooka. It has far less warning than other OHKO specials, yet lag compensation means you can dodge it entirely and still die.

backlot

backlot: Have I added you? NNID PreyingShark man we make NNIDs so complicated.

Inquisitive: What's your NNID? Dunno if I've added you but I'm up for Turf Wars.

I don't think I have you on Wii U yet. I can send you a request when I get home later.

I'd worry that that might make it impossible to hit with. They seriously need to cut down the lag somehow.

Dynamo Rollers are dumb.

However, sniping them in midair as they try to jump shotgun you is one of the most rewarding trick shots in the game.

I'll probably be doing squad or turf war. My NNID is backlot if you want to add me. Anyone else feel free to send me a friend request as well.

Friend requests sent both your ways. My Mii's name is Quartz.

lol still a charger right?

Yeah, but I was thinking weapons that actually outrange shooters.

Vecks

Yea I want to play private rooms but I really want to level up the new gear as well. Ah decisions lol

Well, we'll find out for sure tonight. I rewatched the IGN preview of the private battle, and they are awarded P's at the end, so whether that's just money or if it'll actually count on weapons would be anybody's guess.

Yeah, this is the big problem with the Inkzooka. It has far less warning than other OHKO specials, yet lag compensation means you can dodge it entirely and still die.
If I'm already in squid form and have room to move I can often dodge Inkzookas on reaction.

Still die because on their screen I hadn't dodged yet.

Robotguy

The real worst is when you spontaneously explode and have to wait for the game to tell you what invisible thing just killed you.
Yeah, that too.
Though usually I already know that the invisible thing that killed me was the squid I just splatted a few seconds ago.

Heng

I just LOVE laggy players who abuse seekers and dynamo rollers. If they can go fuck themselves, that would be great.

ryechu

Well, we'll find out for sure tonight. I rewatched the IGN preview of the private battle, and they are awarded P's at the end, so whether that's just money or if it'll actually count on weapons would be anybody's guess.

Nice! Yeah then the tumblr was probably refering to "points" as in level and rank points. Watching the IGN video again, he got 8 points for winning in a non KO. I'm assuming you can get around 10 points per win and like 5 points per loss in ranked, but it no longer seems to scale as well for leveling as the point system in high ranks.

The real worst is when you spontaneously explode and have to wait for the game to tell you what invisible thing just killed you.
Game: This charger killed you.
Me: I didn't even see a shot go out. They just stared at me and I died!
Game: Because fuck you that's why.

ryechu

When you are about to freak out since that roller or shooter was nowhere near you, and the cam zooms in on an E Liter in your blind spot. Touche.

Azure J

*Azure bailing out off of Blackbelly central tower but getting rekt because lolzooka.webm*

Game: This charger killed you.
Me: I didn't even see a shot go out. They just stared at me and I died!
Game: Because fuck you that's why.
I once saw the shot come out a whole two seconds after I died.

I've seen squids continue to push the tower for three to five seconds after their death.

I've died out of nowhere while in friendly territory and seen rollers and their inkpaths suddenly materialize on my screen several seconds later.

I've seen the match linger on the GAME! screen for ten seconds because a guy was jumping in to his friend that died ten secobds before, and even walked around and laid a mine.

And of course we've all seen how the Dynamo's big weakness of "just shoot them during the slow swing" always works like a charm.

backlot

I once saw the shot come out a whole two seconds after I died.

I've seen squids continue to push the tower for three to five seconds after their death.

I've died out of nowhere while in friendly territory and seen rollers and their inkpaths suddenly materialize on my screen several seconds later.

I've seen the match linger on the GAME! screen for ten seconds because a guy was jumping in to his friend that died ten secobds before, and even walked around and laid a mine.

And of course we've all seen how the Dynamo's big weakness of "just shoot them during the slow swing" always works like a charm.

You know how when the map is loading the camera will pan around before the players all spawn and the match starts? One time that sequence was taking an extra long time and I actually watched the other players start the match as the camera was still panning around.

You know how when the map is loading the camera will pan around before the players all spawn and the match starts? One time that sequence was taking an extra long time and I actually watched the other players start the match as the camera was still panning around.

This happened to me during the testfire.

WALKMAN04

This happened to me during the testfire.
Lol, I once was playing in a full gaf lobby and watched them play for 30 seconds before getting disconnected

Violet_0

Banned
This happened to me last night during Splat zones, and I was so confused.

Then the confusion was replaced with swift rage.

the charger and their team don't gain an advantage when you can fire another few shots after getting splatted because of lag
the charger and their team have an advantage when they are getting splatted but can fire another few shots because of lag

Rize_21

Bad KDR to end it, but I finally hit A-.

I know the rotations are pretty terrible, but wouldn't you prefer to wait for splatzones?
That's how I do to progress through ranks ( alright, I lie, I do this for the money), especially when Walleye Warehouse / Saltspray rig are up, I've read that Urchin underpass can go straight to a ko if you lock the paths.
Imo it's more fair than TC.
You're a great sniper, shoud be easy once you'll get some cool teammates( got lucky so far).

Xenoboy

I went up to B- today. Won most of my games and I really don't like the Skatepark in Tower Control...
I love Kelp Dome though, probably my favorite stage in the game.

RedFyn

If it's tc just run an instant respawn comeback roller build and ride that wave to A+ blue.

OK so it's not that easy but still

Congrats! :)

Welcome to A-, now the real fun begins. (lol)

I know the rotations are pretty terrible, but wouldn't you prefer to wait for splatzones?
That's how I do to progress through ranks ( alright, I lie, I do this for the money), especially when Walleye Warehouse / Saltspray rig are up, I've read that Urchin underpass can go straight to a ko if you lock the paths.
Imo it's more fair than TC.
You're a great sniper, shoud be easy once you'll get some cool teammates( got lucky so far).

It's not congrats until I get to A+, which is where I will barely find any knuckleheads that just tralala their way around the map. Tower Control is fun when laggers aren't around or when matchmaking isn't set on rollercoastering me for several hours in the same point range. It wasn't until the room of B- players appeared that I was able to get to B+, then to A-.

I was starting to get mental and physical fatigue from the frustration and my aiming went off, but I still managed to pull through. Splat Zones is typically better for me ranked, but I still get matched with idiots who just run into a meatgrinder without taking the zone.

This is basically my entire experience for hours on end:
CGh11nVU8AAhj-E.png:large

If it's tc just run an instant respawn comeback roller build and ride that wave to A+ blue.

OK so it's not that easy but still

I want to try that one day just because.

By the way, was that you I saw on ranked, PreyingShark?

I think I scared everyone away with my negativity. Sorry! =(

Can anyone who gets the top of the new page ask about Bumper Brush Minesweeper? I kneed to know how many want to play.

RedFyn

If you turn your screen upside down I am almost at the top.

Who wants to play BumperBrush Minesweeper?

Never mind. Azure pushed me pretty far down

Azure J

So I finally have a bunch of last night's best moments highlighted and ready for everyone to see:

General Splatterscope Gameplay: Turf Wars with GAF before I got into the ranked vortex.
GET ON THE TOWER: Tower control on Kelp Dome where the team wanted to give the other side the win... Three times in a row.
What Are You
Standing
Booyah-ing Up For?!
: Victory celebrations are for when you win or have a guaranteed win, NOT for when you have the bulk of the enemy team aiming at you on the finish line. Ask Wolfkrone or Woshige (watch this one especially) how they felt about it.
Suction Bombs Too OP: I love when a new play works ASAP.
When you're a scrub with a new weapon...: In which I use the Vanilla .52Gal for the first time and an unsung hero forgoes the group and secures the win alone.
Splatterscope in Splat Zones: Highlighted this because I wanted to learn from it primarily. It was a pretty good showing but could be way better based on the objective.
Inkzooka is Bad™: Self explanatory.
Kappa
A Nailbiter & A Blowout: The conclusion of my epic quest to A+ rank comes with the most stressful comeback and casual KO ever.

I still have to pick out the good stuff from my brother's tear through ranked last night for later though. For now, I hope everyone enjoys this footage!

Top Bottom