• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

They don't have it yet. We're still gonna have to wait for midnight to hit after the update for new gear to have a chance of showing up in peoples' stores.

I meant after the update happens of course

I assumed "I want it now" meant "I dont want to wait for it to show up in my shops"

NotLiquid

Another dumb OT4 suggestion

Splatoon |OT4| Spla2.0.0.n

Tj3fMZv.gif

Nico_D

Could this be lag or what but I hit someone straight with E-Liter Scope and nothing happened. There's a possibility but I missed a bit but I swear I hit him. And that wasn't the only time: I had many good Turf War matches without having aiming problems - until few Japs showed up...

So in anticipation of the August update I decided to make a Discord server for people that wants to voice chat with ease.

So welcome to Discord - https://discordapp.com/
kXysYOS.jpg

Great features

Free
Clear quality
Free
Low CPU Usage
IP protection

Grab you cellphone with some headsets
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discord&hl=en
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discord-chat-for-gamers/id985746746?mt=8
Windows/OSX apps: https://discordapp.com/apps
Browsers: Firefox/Opera/Chrome
Free

There is no permanent invitation system, the invitation only last up to one day so I will have to update this post with a new link everyday. If the link expires just msg me in NeoGaf and I will update it.

So please go to the original post for the most up-to-date invitation link.

Please quote to see the Discord invitation
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
QUOTE ME!!!
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Some Rules:

One team per room
Don't be an ass
Be nice
Be supportive
Please leave the text/voice chat room if not in a group playing a game
If someone is being a idiot beyond reason then screen cap and send the image to me and I will either warn or ban them.

I set up rooms like this:
Voice chat - Splatoon1
Text Chat - Splatoon1

Voice chat - Splatoon2
Text Chat - Splatoon2

and so on.....

So basically you join both rooms together so you can text and voice chat with your team. Once again, if you are not on the team in the chatroom, please leave so as to not add noise.

There is also a "chatforeveryone" room so everyone can join to text with each other.

I hope this program will get some use and make Splatoon a lot easier to communicate.

If anyone has any ideas on other settings I can use please not hesitate to msg me.

Keep on Splatting.

Anyone going to be using this? I set it up yesterday and am wondering if anyone else did too.

Geg

Ah, the Splatoon tumblr posted a rundown of everything happening tonight

GATHER ROUND, KIDS AND/OR SQUIDS! Let’s have a quick huddle to talk logistics for the update. The Splatoon servers will be offline from 5:50 PM PT - 7:00 PM PT for a bit of maintenance and to, ya know, add the update! You won’t be able to play online during this period. Once the servers are back up, you’ll be able to play the update! Let’s go over what’s coming tonight, shall we?

More than 40 pieces of new gear
Two new weapon types, the Slosher and Splatling
Squad Battles
Private Battles
Level Cap Increase
Ranked Battle Level Increase
Updates to Urchin Underpass
New Music

I don’t know about you, but this squid researcher is jumping for joy about all the new things coming tonight.

Could this be lag or what but I hit someone straight with E-Liter Scope and nothing happened. There's a possibility but I missed a bit but I swear I hit him. And that wasn't the only time: I had many good Turf War matches without having aiming problems - until few Japs showed up...
If we could please keep racist terms off my NeoGAF then that would be great, thanks! ^_^

I believe the only situation where a hit on your screen doesn't result in a death is when your console is waiting for the other person's confirmation that he did not activate an invincibility special (Bubbler / Kraken) that was already charged.

Against very laggy players, activating a Bubbler / Kraken even seconds after the opponent's death can prevent you from dying due to late shots.

Geg

And more, with more shots of the new stages

tumblr_nsm996d1US1u3akyno1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nsm996d1US1u3akyno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nsm996d1US1u3akyno3_1280.jpg
tumblr_nsm996d1US1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

HAPPY UPDATE DAY, SQUIDS! Tonight at 7 PM PT, the Heavy Splatling enters the game! This baby packs six barrels full of ink. Charge it up and let your enemies have it! Need some cover? Not a problem. Throw down your Splash Wall! This bad boy also comes with the Inkzooka as a special weapon. It might just be the best weapon for squids that have watched too many 80′s action movies!

tumblr_nsm9l0a0m61u3akyno1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nsm9l0a0m61u3akyno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nsm9l0a0m61u3akyno3_1280.jpg
tumblr_nsm9l0a0m61u3akyno4_1280.jpg

Also entering the game at 7 PM PT tonight is the Slosher. This might look like an ordinary bucket, but it’s actually a weapons-grade bucket! Hurl ink straight ahead over an impressive range, and adjust your angles to hit opponents above you or behind walls. The Slosher comes with Burst Bombs and the special is a hot pastrami on rye! Er, wait. Sorry. I mean Inkstrike. Got a little excited about today’s lunch delivery.

Geg

How is that a racist term? I thought that's just short for Japanese.

Sorry if it is, didn't intend anything.

Yeah it was used as a derogatory term for the Japanese during WWII. Outdated and rarely used that way anymore, but it's still around

Exile20

Anyone going to be using this? I set it up yesterday and am wondering if anyone else did too.
Ye there are a few of us in the room right now.

Using this voice chat app will be helpfully in setting teams in private games since the owner of the room sets who is on a team.

We can use voice chat for this.

SM239

And more, with more shots of the new stages
HAPPY UPDATE DAY, SQUIDS! Tonight at 7 PM PT, the Heavy Splatling enters the game! This baby packs six barrels full of ink. Charge it up and let your enemies have it! Need some cover? Not a problem. Throw down your Splash Wall! This bad boy also comes with the Inkzooka as a special weapon. It might just be the best weapon for squids that have watched too many 80′s action movies!

Wait a minute...
This bad boy also comes with the Inkzooka as a special weapon.

I seriously hope this is NOT a mistake because this is exactly what I want. lol
but I'm sure it is :(

This guy isn't a detriment

lol

javac

To this day I still have trouble finding my weapon. I never considered the .52 Gal since I thought that weapons with low fire rate weren't for me, but I'm actually liking this weapon.

I'm not into the metagame of getting certain perks and creating the ultimate life-form, but this is what I have so far. Seems fine?

ryechu

I consolidated my weapon brand analysis to an imgur album. In case people missed my previous post, the weapons in splatoon are created by companies distinct from the clothing brands we all know. Each brand has a theme and an aesthetic style,and dictates the naming convention for any alternate sets of their weapons.

http://imgur.com/a/NSQvp

EulaCapra

I consolidated my weapon brand analysis to an imgur album. In case people missed my previous post, the weapons in splatoon are created by companies distinct from the clothing brands we all know. Each brand has a theme and an aesthetic style,and dictates the naming convention for any alternate sets of their weapons.

http://imgur.com/a/NSQvp
Good job! I never noticed the naming and themes before.

Top Bottom