• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Azure J

I'm down for Bumper Brush Minesweeper, Hiro Mode and No Subs/Aerospray Only/Walleye, but I definitely want to get in some legit matches with GAF tonight post update as well.

WALKMAN04

If I'm playing at the update I will be down for the bumper brush minesweeper game, but we can change equipment in the lobby now so we can do whatever we feel like doing, hiro, bumper brush or legit games.

cloudyboy

Neo Member
Ok, new clothes that I think will appears randomly in the shop fine, but will the shop update at the same time as the update or I need to wait till midnight to try to have new clothes?

Geg

I'm fine for whatever kind of silly shit we want to do but I also want to try some splat zones with a full gaf room tonight

Ozium

New gear won't be there till midnight most likely.

A few comments:

1. Why do you think this?
2. How dare you temper expectations, must be a Marie fan.
3. Can't. Stop. The. HYPE
4a. Some of the new gear is unlockable while some others are in stores.
4b. Even if they don't update the shop right away, you can still possibly unlock a gear before the stores restock.
5. Gatling Gun

Totakeke

Oh yeah, I want a full-fledged Callie and Marie announcement about the update, no shortcuts Nintendo.

Edit: With plenty of squid puns.

MrPanic

Oh man, had the best ranked games today, almost made me wish I actually tried to get a high rank in ranked back when I played a ton of splatoon.

Sadly this update drops at 3/4am for me, so I can't marathon it right away. But I'm definitely staying up for it and play till the sun shines. Anyone planning on creating gaf squads right away when the update is live, cause I'm definitely in.

Azure J

After listening to these songs, Squid Squad is pretty underwhelming.

Ink or Swim is still legit as fuck, but yeah, ABXY > Hightide Era > SquidSquad

Edit: I love how using the band names makes it feel like we are just a part of their world exchanging opinions on their music. :lol

EulaCapra

I'm trying to think of why the Slosh Bucket has Burst Bombs as a sub and can't find a reason why. Both can go over obstacles and walls, both take two hits to kill, and the bucket already goes a similar distance out.

Maybe it would've been too OP with other subs?

Totakeke

Second Hightide Era song > all other battle themes. Where are these from anyway? Someone needs to upload to youtube or something.

Oh it was datamined... what? I don't understand, is it already in the game?

ryechu

I'm trying to think of why the Slosh Bucket has Burst Bombs as a sub and can't find a reason why. Both can go over obstacles and walls, both take two hits to kill, and the bucket already goes a similar distance out.

Maybe it would've been too OP with other subs?

Was watching a slosher video. It seems that the weapon has been changed substantially compared to the alpha one the wep file parameters indicate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mqliMPZ69w

In the testing room, you can clearly see the volume of the ink is concentrated along the main arc of the paint. When he shoots it forward it almost leaves like blaster imprint with a thinner trail of paint leading to a rounded splash near the tip. It seems that this main splash does 70, while hitting with the minor splash (the lagging fall-down paint analogous to the nodmg dropped trails of chargers and mini-bullets of shooters) does 40. Since the main splash travels in a parabolic arc, you can potentially aim far or high angle and still hit with the 70 dmg. In other words the dmg does not scale down based on range (unlike rollers) or flight time(shooters). Also, when you kill an enemy the ink ball continues to travel so it splashes a good amount behind them if you kill them point blank, meaning you can just swim right after a kill. A heavy investment in dmg up (3 mains, 2 subs) could make the indirect splash a 2hko, which could be good dealing with multiple enemies in a line. You could aim above all their heads, and opt out of only hitting one with teh direct dmg, and instead hit them all with the falling dmg, like a ghetto inkzooka. We gunbound boys.

Or since the splash continues on if it kills, you can lob a shot over their heads with no dmg up and do 40 dmg to everyone, and then shoot a direct splash at the first guy and itll bulldoze through all the enemies since each one would be below 70 hp. Weapon seems deeper than I first imagined.

Its a little redundant but there are always efficiency tricks with burst bomb because they apparenty cancel some weapon ending lag like with the carbon roller. I'm going to hit someone with a burst, throw the bucket at them, its going to go through them since its the killing blow and hit the guy behind him. And then I'm going to hopefully have a lag cancel burst bomb throw and get a double kill in like 35 frames.

ryechu

Second Hightide Era song > all other battle themes. Where are these from anyway? Someone needs to upload to youtube or something.

Oh it was datamined... what? I don't understand, is it already in the game?

apprently nwplayer hacked the testfire or something i have no idea.

EDIT the covers for that song are going to be insane.

Ozium

when are the servers going down? aren't they going down leading into the update tonight?

The Splatoon servers will be offline from 5:50 PM PT - 7:00 PM PT.

If it's anything like the Smash update, the update will be available to download around 6:15-6:30PT or so.

Rize_21

apprently nwplayer hacked the testfire or something i have no idea.

EDIT the covers for that song are going to be insane.

Just waiting for BotanicSage and others artists to deliver once more. Our ears are ready.
Gotta say, that second track from Hightide Era just stomp ABXY, that track is crazy.
edit: and now we need a Splatfest about them! I want my Hightide Era shirt.

ryechu

Just waiting for BotanicSage and others artists to deliver once more. Our ears are ready.
Gotta say, that second track from Hightide Era just stomp ABXY, that track is crazy.
edit: and now we need a Splatfest about them! I want my Hightide Era shirt.

I expect some 'kk good day' level shit

I think I actually like Squid Squad more than either HighTide Era or ABXY, simply because I like the genre of music more. That said, the new music is awesome and I'm glad to have more in the rotation.

Also, we're talking like, a tiny bit more, not much.

Top Bottom