• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

If I go to download management it says status downloading, but it doesn't say what's downloading or what the progress is. Dunno what's going on.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Gentleman, and ladies, its been an honor meeting together in servers randomly until it's full of GAF members and going into battle.

But now the real battles begin.

phanphare

Banned
update time! I hope the servers go back up early

edit: is the OT going to move to gaming side for a bit? would probably be helpful for anybody who was waiting for the august update to hit

Ozium

If I go to download management it says status downloading, but it doesn't say what's downloading or what the progress is. Dunno what's going on.

That just means that you have it set to download in the background, not that anything is actually currently downloading.

Start up Splatoon and then try to go to a lobby, it will say you need a software update before you start. Then close the game and start it again and it will force the update, when it starts to update you can hit "wii u menu" to go back to the menu and it will background download.

BAM. Downloaded.

Finally got my Wii U moved to my new plasma, and connected via wired connection.

I haven't played in like a week but you kids better have me added and be ready!

Robotguy

That just means that you have it set to download in the background, not that anything is actually currently downloading.

Start up Splatoon and then try to go to a lobby, it will say you need a software update before you start. Then close the game and start it again and it will force the update, when it starts to update you can hit "wii u menu" to go back to the menu and it will background download.
Oh, I started the game and it didn't do anything. Didn't realize I would have to go to the lobby.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Downloaded, went to lobby to receive my message but it wouldn't connect to the internet so I'm assuming it'll be on around 7 PsT.

Playing MK8 in the meantime

I just started up the game after getting the update. I got a few new items of clothing and headgear but nothing in the weapon store. Do we know how to get the new weapons? Are they tied to levels?

MrPanic

Sadly no squid girl dress in the shops for me, but the hat is there. Hopefully the rng will be nice to me the coming days cause it's a really nice looking set.

Sure, but when going back on you can't access the shops because of "no internet." Meaning Callie and Marie can't get their server info, which means they gracefully just exited straight to the plaza.

But I started the game up again after the server went offline and got the news. Only the time after the update was it not there.

I don't want to assume the news is gone, I just think it's weird, like they didn't fully turn it off right away or something.

Azure J

This shit is why I want vanity slots.

Divorcing ability perks from gear can't come fast enough. This shit hurts. My brother's inkling looks fly as fuck right now but just knowing my luck, I'll do the same thing and it'll hurt my performance overall. For reference:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vorbi.jpg

That jacket is also Rockenberg btw :( :( :(

But I started the game up again after the server went offline and got the news. Only the time after the update was it not there.

I don't want to assume the news is gone, I just think it's weird, like they didn't fully turn it off right away or something.

It's more likely that the server just checks the version and if you're not current, you get the news update. Meanwhile, they haven't started any new maps or anything so there's literally no info for Callie and Marie to read. Don't read too much into it.

It's more likely that the server just checks the version and if you're not current, you get the news update. Meanwhile, they haven't started any new maps or anything so there's literally no info for Callie and Marie to read. Don't read too much into it.

Oh, I wasn't intending to read too far into it. That explanation does make sense though.

Zing

Banned
Anyone want to start a squad battle?

Wow, no friends online? Where is everyone?

Ok, I created a squad. Get your asses in here.

Geg

Everything seems to work fine for me. I don't know if I should start a private room or wait for someone else

RedFyn

Is everyone else's file size less than it "should be"

Mines 2008mb which doesn't seem right considering this was a 600mb update to a 1.8gb game

Edit: update data is only 200 mb so I'm assuming the update failed and it didn't tell me

Top Bottom