• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Vecks

How does the new level up system work? I won a regular match and went from level 20 to level 29, but I just won two ranked matches, with the first being a knockout, and I'm still level 29.

that's a glitch or bug or something. it normally takes a long time to level up.

that's a glitch or bug or something. it normally takes a long time to level up.

I kinda assumed it was, but I wasn't sure. When it happened I thought the points that you get for inking 200pts of turf etc. were levels themselves, so the +10 from getting a knockout would have gotten me to level 39 for example. I was thinking that it was an easy level cap to reach.

Edit: This is what my level up bar is like currently.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nfr3d.jpg

Thinking about starting Splatoon so I can be a squid girl~

Anyone know how I should start? Run through the single-player first, or just play multiplayer and unlock gear as I go? I also have access to the amiibo stuff because my little bro loves this game.

New ranked system is crazy in A-. Win a match against a team with a higher average than yours, win 8 points. Lose a match against a team with the same average as you, lose 12. Sudden disconnect, lose 14. The '8' points are the worst because my god I've been at 98 about 10 times today.

I'm not the best but I wanna crack A if I'm at 98 constantly, at least.

A problem with ranked mode in general though is the swapping of the modes. That means people that only play Splat Zones can get to A and be complete noobs when Tower Control comes on.

There was a match I literally got 30-4 for a K/D, but everyone on the other team STILL got a positive ratio because my team was either wandering around alone or just not being able to play. Then the matches where you manage a lucky 4-player kill streak and there's no one else on the other team but you still lose because no one else is even near the tower.

It's still so, so fun though. I really want that new suit gear whenever it comes around. (Still missing two weps though, need 45k for them and I keep spending on clothes halp)

Mat-triX

Has anyone mentioned Marie's love of "Cylinder Meat" when talking about Hot Dogs? She wants the D.

You see, it has a triple meaning: She likes Dogs, she also like Hot Dogs...and also the 'D'

ChrisD

Anyone know how I should start? Run through the single-player first, or just play multiplayer and unlock gear as I go? I also have access to the amiibo stuff because my little bro loves this game.

Do single player to get used to the motion controls and because it's a short, fun campaign mode. You can mix it in-between online play, no need to go through it in full first.

Heng

I'd say play single player with motion controls on. Amiibo is basically single player stuff, I'd say do those after finishing the solo campaign first.

NotLiquid

hate to say it, but the bucket is OP, i like using it, but they need to tone down something in it

The Slosher is very easily outranged and unlike the Blaster it doesn't have as much splash damage. It's not as easy to bait people out of cover with it. The one major advantage they have is that they seem to "win" the high ground battle as it seems to have equal damage across the entire streak (the bucket is the only weapon where I've managed to actually splat people across the other side of the walls and barriers).

Do single player to get used to the motion controls and because it's a short, fun campaign mode. You can mix it in-between online play, no need to go through it in full first.

Yeah, I'd suggest going through the first two worlds and that should give you a good start on the MP - later worlds also become more its own thing with increasing gameplay elements you won't find in MP so it's good to mix both modes.

Crayolan

Single player unlocks gear for multiplayer and kind of acts a training before you jump in with actual people.

I recommend it.

Play through the single player to get some weapons you can't get in multiplayer, it's worth it just for the final boss alone.

NotLiquid

So since the squids have pretty much four different bands at this point with different music styles, I'm wondering what other music Octolings listen to other than Octavio's techno beats.

Probably KMFDM or something.

Azusa

Ugh, I cant play Nintendo games online with my new router. Something went wrong and NAT troubleshooting aren't helping :( I want to be a squid again.

jholmes

hate to say it, but the bucket is OP, i like using it, but they need to tone down something in it

I just came back to the game after maybe a month or two off, I'm getting fucking murdered by the Slosher. It's not all rust either, the thing is going to beat a Zapper almost every time in a tight space. If every game is going to have four buckets in it, I don't know if I can run the Zapper anymore. It's ridiculous.

Maybe I'll figure it out, maybe the metagame will balance the thing out, but right now all I can say is fuck the bucket. Makes me want to go back into my Splatoon-less coma.

DaBoss

So in my Ranked marathon, I encountered only 5 S+ players. 4 of them used the Dynamo Roller(they may have all been the same person for all I know lol, they were all Japanese names).

Top Bottom