• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

WALKMAN04

I don't really like Tower control on Neo Underpass. It is really dependent on having weapons that can damage over walls.

And A+ has suddenly gotten even more shittier than usual. Like holy crap are comebacks easier for me and the enemy team.
I think the people playing right now just suck. I have never had such bad teammates at A+ before, there have been games where I went 15+/0 and lost because no one on my team had above 2 kills. There have also been numerous games where the enemy team completely focused on me because they knew I was the only threat, like this one guy used his kraken from the length of an e-liter passed 3 of my teammates just to try to get me, didn't kill them just swam by them because his team couldn't kill me, I felt sorry for the guy when I killed him but I need the points so i play to win lol.

I know that I've said that Buckets might need some very mild tweaks, but I see the potential of an all bucket room right now. Looks really fun. There looks like there could be a healthy amount of mindgames that could happen.

So why so many people getting 0p?
During a turf war? If that player disconnects they get 0p (I think if they are on the side that wins it will display 300p but the player still actually gets 0p). If you are seeing it more? Maybe it means I'm far from the only person having problems with this version of the game. My guess is in trying to fix the paint not appearing on floor lag and/or desync issue* (I really don't get why the paint that comes out your gun isn't client side at the very least) they have just ended up causing more disconnections to occur outright. I don't think trying to drive out the players with the weakest connections from the game completely is quite the solution they had in mind.

*-Has anyone had these occur since v2.0.0 (who had them before)? I had once but it was a second before "the connection is unstable" message of doom appeared.

I think the people playing right now just suck. I have never had such bad teammates at A+ before, there have been games where I went 15+/0 and lost because no one on my team had above 2 kills. There have also been numerous games where the enemy team completely focused on me because they knew I was the only threat, like this one guy used his kraken from the length of an e-liter passed 3 of my teammates just to try to get me, didn't kill them just swam by them because his team couldn't kill me, I felt sorry for the guy when I killed him but I need the points so i play to win lol.
Some people might have quit once they reached A+ the first time (missing the point of being there, like not playing Brain Training once your age is 20) and so are coming back out of practice.

Ansatz

Some people might have quit once they reached A+ the first time (missing the point of being there, like not playing Brain Training once your age is 20) and so are coming back out of practice.

I concur, we also saw that huge A+ spike on the rank breakdown diagram. I think it's best I don't play for awhile until those players get better / downrank.

WALKMAN04

During a turf war? If that player disconnects they get 0p (I think if they are on the side that wins it will display 300p but the player still actually gets 0p). If you are seeing it more? Maybe it means I'm far from the only person having problems with this version of the game. My guess is in trying to fix the paint not appearing on floor lag and/or desync issue* (I really don't get why the paint that comes out your gun isn't client side at the very least) they have just ended up causing more disconnections to occur outright. I don't think trying to drive out the players with the weakest connections from the game completely is quite the solution they had in mind.

*-Has anyone had these occur since v2.0.0 (who had them before)? I had once but it was a second before "the connection is unstable" message of doom appeared.

That's most likely it, it's probably going to suck playing ranked for a while then

Totakeke

I concur, we also saw that huge A+ spike on the rank breakdown diagram. I think it's best I don't play for awhile until those players get better / downrank.

But that's like saying you shouldn't play B ranks until everyone in B gets better. If everyone in the rank you're playing is worse than you should have an easier time to rank up, similar to how it's easier for a rank A player to win in rank B.

Walkman complaining too. :)

Leatherface

Dudes..so I just started playing ranked last night(though I've played a million regular matches). Anyway, I'm at the lowest of ranks. Anyhow, do you have any tips? I am so frustrated at the random players I am teamed with who seem like they have no idea what is going on. I can't tell you how many times I've saved my "team" from death in tower control at the last second only to look at my mini-map to see my "squad" mates nowhere nearby at all. I was literally fighting alone. I played like 10 matches last night, splatted like a true champion. I was relentless, yet still lost 9 out of 10 matches. The only match I won I just happened to be on a team that actually worked together. This shit makes my blood boil. How on earth can anyone manage to get to an S rank is beyond me.

Finally got to try out the update stuff... Having a hard time getting used to the Heavy Splatling; I want to play it like the Heavy from TF2, but really it plays more like the other chargers in Splatoon, which I'm no good with... Also having a hard time getting used to the new Urchin Underpass, too...

Random ass thought as I sign off trying to get some sleep, what are SplatGAF's dream weapon configs? (Max. 3)

1. Inkbrush/Burst Bombs/Burst Bomb Rush
2. .96 Gal/Suction Bombs/Bubbler

I'll do #3 and explanations later. I wanna see what kind of crazy you all can come up with.
1. Splat Roller/Seeker/Inkzooka
2. Splat Roller/Suction Bomb/Bubbler
3. Splat Roller/Disruptor/Inkzooka

None of these will ever happen.

ChrisD

I now need a Slosher with a bomb rush, either one. Have the other bomb be its sub.

Inkstrike is what I'm most accustomed to due to Inkbrush, but I would prefer something else on the bucket.

Is it just me, or is A+ even more frustrating since the matches are now last minute comeback dependent? ffs, the enemy wins by 1 point on tower control with less than 1 minute left every defeat now.

Ansatz

But that's like saying you shouldn't play B ranks until everyone in B gets better. If everyone in the rank you're playing is worse than you should have an easier time to rank up, similar to how it's easier for a rank A player to win in rank B.

Eh I got tired of splatting 2-3 people and then seeing on the minimap my own teammates hold passive positions instead of initiating a full on assault (TC). What you do is RUSH towards a chokepoint on the enemy side of the map and lock them down there but nope stand around doing fuck all while waiting for the other team to fully respawn and get in position.

The standard is definitely lower compared to how an A+ match went down pre update. It's extremely frustrating. I will get S+ eventually, rather have fun in the process.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
In Discord now. I have a bit of work to do, but I should be able to play during the next map cycle a bit. I have a bunch of you already, but please free free to add me (for Smash, Pokemon, MH4U and more as well): NNID EvilMario.

WALKMAN04

The way I see it teams are just very uneven right now, it all depends on if you get the people who have actually been playing splatoon, or the ones who came back after the update. It's a little annoying, but you can't really do anything about it so I'm just going to keep playing

Eh I got tired of splatting 2-3 people and then seeing on the minimap my own teammates hold passive positions instead of initiating a full on assault (TC). What you do is RUSH towards a chokepoint on the enemy side of the map and lock them down there but nope stand around doing fuck all while waiting for the other team to fully respawn and get in position.

The standard is definitely lower compared to how an A+ match went down pre update. It's extremely frustrating. I will get S+ eventually, rather have fun in the process.
A lot of people who got A+ week one or two and then didn't really play since have come back. And back then most people sucked at the game compared to the level of play you see nowadays.

So I guess it's less waiting for A+ people to get better and more waiting for those people to either rank down or quit.

Mr. Sam

I can't even get to the lobby after the update - I just get an "Error occurred" message. Is this a common problem? Irksome.

phanphare

Banned
I can't even get to the lobby after the update - I just get an "Error occurred" message. Is this a common problem? Irksome.

try resetting your Wii U console

after I downloaded the update it wouldn't let me receive the news update because it said I didn't have internet. backed out a few times and that didn't work. turned the console off and then back on and everything was fine.

Screw the bucket, this thing has some of the shoddiest hit detection in the game. I just spent a match being killed in one hit by another bucket, yet I was hitting people up to 4 times without them dying. It's absolute garbage.

Top Bottom