• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

RagnarokX

MlWA77wS5n4RsiNkhF

So many dead doggies.

GeneralSmiley

Neo Member
It starts at 6pm in the UK.

I need some help on Tower Control - I'm useless at it! I've got to the point where I feel reasonable competent at splat zones (bouncing between B- and C+) but on this I'm just terrible and my rank is taking a nose dive.

I was using the .52 Gal Deco for the increased damage but decided to swap it out for something with a better sub (seeker is rubbish on Tower Control it seems) so now I'm using a blaster for the first time (Rapid Blaster Deco) and all I can say is...

...what a piece of crap! I thought it would be awesome given the proliferation of blasters in this mode but It's just terrible. I thought it would be a 1 or 2 shot kill but I'm hardly getting any kills which is just odd. I see someone, blast away and nothing happens, then they kill me. Where I would normally at least be getting a kill while being killed at the same time, now I'm just dying. It's like the blaster doesn't even work.

So some tips on Tower Control in general would be nice, and for those that like the blaster .. just .. how???

For stronger blaster shots, use the regular, custom or Luna. The rapid ones all have lower damage (but better range and rate of fire).

Forkball

Holy shit Team Cat is awful. Five straight losses, and huge blowouts like 60-30% when I'm racking up nearly 1000 points per match. One guy went 1-8 on my team. ONE AND EIGHT.

HeroR

Love splatfast. But man, low pickings on the cat side. Just fought against a fellow dog team. Had a good team until most left. lol

je_ssi e

Got to Dog Queen while having the biggest So Hawt I've ever had going. Currently at 28.0!

Even had a game where I went 18-0!
Really wish the connection felt this good all the time. Regional Matchmaking where are you!?

Really disappointed you can't play with friends. We all picked Team Dog hoping we could join up and then just stay on the same team the whole time. We even tried searching at the same time, but I think it ends up looking for teams to fill rather than starting up new ones so that would make it even harder. Gave up and played solo.

Is there any reason to play after max rank? Do I still contribute points to Team Dog? I played one more after Dog Queen and still earned the +2 for participating and +3 for winning, but I'm still not 100% on that.

RagnarokX

Good thing that pic doesn't prove much. =P

I maxed out my rank and only lost... I think 5 matches, one of which had us 3 against 4. Several times we chased the dogs all the way back to their base and trapped them on the spawn pad.

It's 184 points to king/queen, so I guess that's about 32 wins from me for Team Cat :D

Stoze

One more win for the cats, and now I am a Cat King.

So how do the rewards work in Splatfest? Also is it always Turf War?

Azure J

I scored over 800 points in my last battle and we lost 75-21.

Worst. Matchmaking. EVER. There's no reason a level 4 person should be on my team when I'm level 20.

800 he says...

Try 1300 (Kelp Dome) and losing 80-17. At one point, I was navigating between three #TeamDog members with the hopes that my team could pick them off with the setups I gave them. Instead, I found myself getting shot out of everything as they just went along doing who knows what.

Forkball

So you'd rather wait 5+ minutes for a 3-minute match?
I'd rather not be paired with three goobers when up against a team of Dog Demigods. I'm 1-8 in Splatfest and that's with scoring nearly 1000 each time.

Ranked battle has some intense matches and good competition, but leveling up in turf wars made me realize how many people are absurdly awful at this game. I just don't get it.

noshten

I just exit and enter a new lobby after every game - otherwise I reckon team dog will just leave since they dont want to face me

Kangi

Undefeated so far in the matches where Team Cat actually shows up. So far, there've been a lot of 'fraidy cats.

Woof woof.

je_ssi e

Has anybody had the bullshit happen where you're the only person on your team straight out the lobby? Like, it doesn't even bother looking for teammates for you?

Had two games where that happened to a poor guy on Team Cat. I was pissed off for him.

HeroR

I have been having fairly good luck. Except once did I have a team that was truly terrible. If we lost, most of the time it was because the other team was just much better than us.

Heng

I just love laggy aerosprays, spontaneously explode 10 seconds after you kill them. Almost feels like they're lagging on purpose.

HeroR

Has anybody had the bullshit happen where you're the only person on your team straight out the lobby? Like, it doesn't even bother looking for teammates for you?

Had two games where that happened to a poor guy on Team Cat. I was pissed off for him.

I got a game like that. Felt like an absolute bully, especially since the person was only lv 7.

Nico_D

So some tips on Tower Control in general would be nice, and for those that like the blaster .. just .. how???

Bombs. Go ahead. Go around. Only one on tower. Don't hesitate to jump off. Use the pillar.

edit: I'm more of a splattershot/squalcher kind of guy. I hate blasters. And I hate also players who are constantly jumping like this were CS or something. So annoying. I win anyway.

Stoze

Well I'm done for the night. I've been wondering why its been so hard to find info on Splatfest, I didn't realize that this is the first one outside of Japan.

I just love laggy aerosprays, spontaneously explode 10 seconds after you kill them. Almost feels like they're lagging on purpose.

I had a .96 Gal kill me on the Urchin Underpass side path once. I figured it was mild lag and I got hit from around the corner at an impossible angle. No biggie, it's the start of the match. The kill cam then zoomed in on the spawn circle, where he didn't even respawn (or spawn in the first place?) =/

ViviOggi

I'd rather not be paired with three goobers when up against a team of Dog Demigods. I'm 1-8 in Splatfest and that's with scoring nearly 1000 each time.

Ranked battle has some intense matches and good competition, but leveling up in turf wars made me realize how many people are absurdly awful at this game. I just don't get it.
So you'd rather wait 5+ minutes for a 3-minute match. Nope, not worth it.

This is what regional matchmaking looks like in an MP-centric Wii U exclusive. There's a reason mid- to high skill ranked play is >80% Japanese. I too would rather have the game on PC open to the massive & diverse Steam audience and with a server browser but it is what it is.

Top Bottom