• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

Went 13/2 in a match and we still lost. It was like I only had one team mate alive at any given time. I tried really hard to push and take the middle ground but I can't when my team is constantly dead. Unbelievable.

Crayolan

Just fuck Nintendo for this stupid bullshit. 3v4s, netcode that makes Niitsuma blush, asinine RNG when choosing stages, a forced cosmetic that changes your perk layout so you can't even play the game you've been honing for weeks now, and then to top it all off everyone on the opposing side is fucking godlike at the game and shut down the entire stage before anything can get established between the children and completely uncoordinated people playing on my side.

Fuck Splatoon.

Azure we all joke about your skill level but please don't tell me you're actually getting wrecked by scrubs on random.

Just fuck Nintendo for this stupid bullshit. 3v4s, netcode that makes Niitsuma blush, asinine RNG when choosing stages, a forced cosmetic that changes your perk layout so you can't even play the game you've been honing for weeks now, and then to top it all off everyone on the opposing side is fucking godlike at the game and shut down the entire stage before anything can get established between the children and completely uncoordinated people playing on my side.

Fuck Splatoon.

try just relaxing and having fun?

netcode has been almost perfect for me during the fest, and I like the fact that we get these new shirts to level and change up our approach slightly. also dont you just not get the +2 splatastic if you dont wear the splatfest tee?

mo60

try just relaxing and having fun?

netcode has been almost perfect for me during the fest, and I like the fact that we get these new shirts to level and change up our approach slightly. also dont you just not get the +2 splatastic if you dont wear the splatfest tee?

You don't get the +2 splatastic if you don't get 400p in a match. You are forced to wear the splatfest tee.

mo60

Kelp Dome is the worst map for this, it's too big to single-handedly carry my team.

I had one match were the only reason our team was able to get around 20% of the map covered was because I started spraying everywhere I could with my ink color. I had another match on that map were we lost by 0.3%.

Azure J

I'm really trying to have fun right now, but these rooms are just not doing anything for me. Something about the Splatfest itself is just inviting in people clearly far better than myself and I'm getting left behind. =/

Azure we all joke about your skill level but please don't tell me you're actually getting wrecked by scrubs on random.

Yes. I am getting destroyed by the collective powers of dog enthusiasts. I am garbage.

Xeteh

So I wanted to get to champion before I went to sleep... Hit 40/50 with very few losses... Lost the next 4 despite getting over 1000p a match. Obviously I won the last match. Frustrating... Hope I can play tomorrow. Ggs

Robotguy

There are people on team cat who just let me walk up behind them and shoot them to death even though they have echolocator active.

Crayolan

Actually now that I left my lobby the average skill level in my new lobby has gone up by a ton. I guess it defaults to matching you with low skill-level players?

I had one match were the only reason our team was able to get around 20% of the map covered was because I started spraying everywhere I could with my ink color. I had another match on that map were we lost by 0.3%.

I can hold the center by myself but then my team gets destroyed on the sides.

I'm really trying to have fun right now, but these rooms are just not doing anything for me. Something about the Splatfest itself is just inviting in people clearly far better than myself and I'm getting left behind. =/

Yes. I am getting destroyed by the collective powers of dog enthusiasts. I am garbage.

Well stop being garbage, team cat needs you.

Looking forward to the european splatfest in a few hours :3

I'm kinda puzzled that they felt the need to nerf the Kraken. Before the nerf i never had any trouble with them and after... well... I still don't :p
The Bubbler on the other hand is instant death for me if someone activates it because unlike the kraken they don't have to stop attacking nor are they reduce to a slow lumbering thing that can only attack point blank, that and people have a knack for activating it when I commit to an attack like swinging the roller or whatever that I can't escape from :p

We don't even have splatfest yet and still I ended up with people missing from my team in about half the matches (0 scores at the end for them) which is unusual as it wasn't an issue much before :eek:

Rize_21

Yeah the bubbler should get a hp limit before it breaks or make it roll like a katamari if you shoot at it enough, hope it'll be the case one day.

Can't wait for the splatfest too, I really hope Rock will roll over Pop, go back, and roll over again like there's no tomorrow, they deserve nothing but this :p.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So no tower thingy today? Haven't played since they introduced that mode but it seems to be just splat zones at the moment. How often do the modes change?

Azure J

Well stop being garbage, team cat needs you.

I think I'm just running on fumes and out of it. I'm gonna head to bed after this next level up. I've noticed that for as much as I'm bellyaching, I'm placing in the top two consistently win or lose while supporting/carrying as best as I can.

I have a Roller and a Gal user that are pretty good and aren't leaving my team. Whoo! A competent team!

My contacts are drying up, making it harder to aim. =(

I think I'm just running on fumes and out of it. I'm gonna head to bed after this next level up. I've noticed that for as much as I'm bellyaching, I'm placing in the top two consistently win or lose while supporting/carrying as best as I can.

I think I was just playing against you? You kicked my furry ass lol. 5 kills, no mercy.

Melchior

Splatfest is great. I'm loving the atmosphere and the night versions of the maps. And the custom music is great.

It's unfortunate that it's regional since now I have to play with all these shitty players. I tend to avoid normal hours of play and play like late night/AMs so I can play with JP players since I never lag/deal with laggy players/bad players with them. But during the day or just generally when JP is asleep it's just non-stop disconnects and laggy larry's everywhere.

It starts at 6pm in the UK.

I need some help on Tower Control - I'm useless at it! I've got to the point where I feel reasonable competent at splat zones (bouncing between B- and C+) but on this I'm just terrible and my rank is taking a nose dive.

I was using the .52 Gal Deco for the increased damage but decided to swap it out for something with a better sub (seeker is rubbish on Tower Control it seems) so now I'm using a blaster for the first time (Rapid Blaster Deco) and all I can say is...

...what a piece of crap! I thought it would be awesome given the proliferation of blasters in this mode but It's just terrible. I thought it would be a 1 or 2 shot kill but I'm hardly getting any kills which is just odd. I see someone, blast away and nothing happens, then they kill me. Where I would normally at least be getting a kill while being killed at the same time, now I'm just dying. It's like the blaster doesn't even work.

So some tips on Tower Control in general would be nice, and for those that like the blaster .. just .. how???

Top Bottom