• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

atr0cious

So the sound test unlocked the splatfest song now, which is cool. Means more events will come with new songs. Still at least 2 more songs.

69wpm

Splat Fest is a disaster. Just started playing and can't get a decent team. All my mates do is rush into the enemy base while I remain in the back trying to cover some ground. I obviously still do the most kills, but it's useless. Had a match where we had 90% coverage and we lost because my team camped the enemy base while they covered the entire map with ink. Fucking shit.

R.D.Blax

What the heck, once I die just once, my team get fucking overwhelmed ! I'm not one these gaf monster who can win stuff single handily damn : Do something team !

TheJoRu

What the heck, once I die just once, my team get fucking overwhelmed ! I'm not one these gaf monster who can win stuff single handily damn : Do something team !

Lol, I've had the same thing from time to time. I do really well, and we have a comfortable lead. Then I die once and the entire tide of battle is turned instantly.

DaBoss

So I definitely just went on a ten game win streak switching from the brush to the gold Aerospray. I feel so damn limited with the latter though, but it's like the most anti-bullshit weapon that can also fulfill the win condition available right now.
Weak. I used the brush the whole time and managed just fine and carried some of my teammates. I'm ripped now.

Maybe Team Cat sucks tho...

SM239

I got to dog king fairly quickly, splatfest was kind of boring. Playing with randoms is too easy, I think I lost twice all day and one of them I thought we spread more ink, Judd was just cheating for the cats and the other my teammates never left our side of the map the whole game I don't know what they were doing. I hope they allow us to play with friends during the next splatfest or after the August update allow us to take our own team of 4, also I hope that we can play night maps on our custom lobbies come August.

I hope this happens as well. Random are too easy to be fun against or don't back you up when on your team.

Crisium

This happens way too much. I notice we are barely winning for most of the match, and I have not died at all. I die once with not a lot of time left, and the whole team collapses and we lose. Well damn, I can't kill 'em all team!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I got to dog king fairly quickly, splatfest was kind of boring. Playing with randoms is too easy, I think I lost twice all day and one of them I thought we spread more ink, Judd was just cheating for the cats and the other my teammates never left our side of the map the whole game I don't know what they were doing. I hope they allow us to play with friends during the next splatfest or after the August update allow us to take our own team of 4, also I hope that we can play night maps on our custom lobbies come August.

Agreed all on fronts. I'm about to hit dog queen in approximately 5 matches, took me right at the life of a regular Gamerpad battery. The majority of the matches have been complete blowouts. Playing with randoms (unranked) it just too easy now.

I miss GAF turf war. :/

xinek

UGH. Why the hell does this game even allow a round to start with a side having <4 players? The teams should all be bounced back to the lobby. Just played a bullshit 2x4 game. Great.

Yeah, I had a 1vs4 cat'dog match today too. Never had an all cat lobby either.

It's not surprising since dogs are way more popular than cats in the West. It would be like making the next Splatfest Pizza vs Broccoli -_-

Zero²

Hey I responded too!

Finally got to Cat Champion, good place to stop for some lunch
Sorry I'm playing and reading GAF on my phone so... x]
I love you too, go cats!!

Ahh thought I was doing so well with the .52 but I guess its inkbrush for me.

atr0cious

Got to play against a "Cat Queen" roller and another carbon roller. Surprise surprise, they both lagged so hard, they would walk past you and then you'd explode in ink 3 seconds later like fucking fist of the north star.

It's not surprising since dogs are way more popular than cats in the West. It would be like making the next Splatfest Pizza vs Broccoli -_-
Dogs aren't *that* more popular than cats here...

...But they are among guys, which are the primary demographic of this game. Girls help even things out IRL by consisting of half the population and not being nearly as lop-sided but there probably aren't that many girls spending their July 4th playing Splatoon.

Geg

Come on now, cats aren't that unpopular

After a rough start I'm consistently winning nearly every game now. Some of that is due to some awfully unbalanced teams with really low level players on team dog though

I did my part :3

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d3ubi.jpg

Dogs aren't *that* more popular than cats here...

...But they are among guys, which are the primary demographic of this game. Girls help even things out IRL by consisting of half the population and not being nearly as lop-sided but there probably aren't that many girls spending their July 4th playing Splatoon.

Come on now, cats aren't that unpopular

After a rough start I'm consistently winning nearly every game now. Some of that is due to some awfully unbalanced teams with really low level players on team dog though

Paging terrisus and maxcriden
Ok, Pizza vs Broccoli would be hyperbole but it's definitely dog country where I live. And there's no doubt that cats are outnumbered in Splatfest but luckily that doesn't have a lot of bearing on the outcome.

Junahu

Euro-Splatfest is Rock Vs Rock, with a guest appearance by Pop. I quite enjoy how your team remains the same across matches, allowing you to pinpoint everyone's roles and how best to support them. Of course, that also means that there are roving gangs of players with perfectly synergised teams that are steamrolling the competition.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How many points to champion? Don't think it is just 85 to champion because the counter resets to zero each time. So is it 10+25+50+85?

Team Pop you suck at this game.

The contest was rigged. Who openly admits to liking pop music? I bet a good half of the people who chose rock did it just so they could say they didn't pick pop. I, as the rebellious, sort chose pop. The turquoise helps me keep the jeep riding which is a bonus.

Now, a more interesting contest would have been folk vs country music or doritos vs mountain dew

Azure J

Pop vs. Rock would be hard as fuck for me because while the latter includes every variant of rock known to man, Pop has Michael Jackson.

MJ.

Hardest decision ever.

Violet_0

Banned
who wants to be a Pop Queen when they can be a Rock Goddess? The choice is clear

hopping on in a moment to destroy those Pop fools, what's the map rotation in Europe?

Why even let people choose cat or dog? It can only end in some imbalance.

Just assign people to Team Argle or Team Bargle for the duration of the event, make sure each team has similar level distribution (I assume the game is keeping track of player stats somewhere, too, like MarioKart did before the unlocked the ability to see win%).

Top Bottom