• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

NotLiquid

Only problem I have with the Splatfest is the time it takes to matchmake. I'm not sure why there's a delay between having to find an opposing team since when they pop up, they're almost immediate.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wish they would just boot me out instead of locking into a 2 v 4 before the match even starts :/

Mega

Banned
Only problem I have with the Splatfest is the time it takes to matchmake. I'm not sure why there's a delay between having to find an opposing team since when they pop up, they're almost immediate.

The opposing team is a complete unit. They finish a game, they become freed up, your group is waiting in a lobby,the enemy team joins your lobby all together, the game begins.

I got to Dog King pretty quickly because we gradually built up a very solid team and no one would leave. It was awesome. I felt bad getting to Max and quitting. Best team ever playing with randoms.

Azure J

My usual shirt is a Zekko Red Check Shirt with the Ink Saver Main. I can't check the sub abilities since Splatfest is going on right now.

hEg3L8w.jpg

Oh wow, this is almost my setup. I usually go with the same contacts, an Ink Saver Main shirt (Takoroka Red Vector Tee) with three Special Charge Ups or the Shrimp Pink Polo when I want Ninja Squid (and Ink Saver Mains as subs) and the Krak-On Red Hi Tops for Ink Resist and Swim Speed Ups. How have you been handling without the shirt buffs you usually use?

I could swear they changed the geometry in Kelp Dome. There used to be a way to get over the curved wall by your base into the centre. Am I thinking of the Ranked version?

Oh wow, this is almost my setup. I usually go with the same contacts, an Ink Saver Main shirt (Takoroka Red Vector Tee) with three Special Charge Ups or the Shrimp Pink Polo when I want Ninja Squid (and Ink Saver Mains as subs) and the Krak-On Red Hi Tops for Ink Resist and Swim Speed Ups. How have you been handling without the shirt buffs you usually use?

The special saver subs have been surprisingly useful, I'd still rather have more faster ink refills and more special spam, but it works for what it is.

Rize_21

I was expecting something more grindy, coming from monster hunter, this was really casual. :p so yeah, it's ~ 3 hours the moment you find a decent team.

Violet_0

Banned
every kill I make currently takes 2+ seconds to register, meaning I can splat someone and two seconds later they somehow have a killing wail pointed at me

I need a long, long break from this game after Splatfest

-Horizon-

every kill I make currently takes 2+ seconds to register, meaning I can splat someone and two seconds later they somehow have a killing wail pointed at me

I need a long, long break from this game after Splatfest
Some person was super jumping in front of me. I kept shooting at the area they were going to. I got splatted by them. 3-5 seconds later they finally land perfectly without a scratch.

HeroR

Well uh

CJGk58uWcAAGWV7.jpg
CJGk58sWEAADuSY.jpg

I tried

All things considering, you gave them one hell of match.

All this talk about lag and disconnections is amazing since I never had any trouble. In fact, my matches never been smoother. My only real complaint was how lopsided the matches were. I mean, once I got a good team we won almost all out matches by a shutout, except for Kept Dome where it was more even since our sniper wasn't good on that map.

When I think about it, the only map that gave me internet trouble is the Skatepark. I don't know why, but I disconnect there or half my team do.

Mega

Banned
Splatfest is cute, but forcing you to play for 24hrs with no other options is shitty.

Yeah, the gameplay limitations with this and alternating Ranked mode has been off putting. What's going to happen when the other modes and stages come out? Unless something changes I may not see Splatzones Bluefin Depot for days or even weeks if I'm not online at the right time.

Violet_0

Banned
I'm not having much fun with Splatfest. I just want to play with GAF or otherwise it's not that fun.
yeah, I kind of expected as much. It's really just Turf Wars with randoms and some neat visuals and music, not very exciting
Some person was super jumping in front of me. I kept shooting at the area they were going to. I got splatted by them. 3-5 seconds later they finally land perfectly without a scratch.
I'm getting this nonsense almost every game. To be fair, it's probably my connection that causes this, but I just want those damn snails

HeroR

Earlier I had 2v4 game and we got as close to winning :/

I'm not having much fun with Splatfest. I just want to play with GAF or otherwise it's not that fun.

You say that now until you run into that one random team that comes out of nowhere and destroys you.

Although, the warehouse and the underpass are the two stages where it is easy to overwhelm the other team and trap them in their own base, especially if they're Rollers.

HeroR

Yeah, the gameplay limitations with this and alternating Ranked mode has been off putting. What's going to happen when the other modes and stages come out? Unless something changes I may not see Splatzones Bluefin Depot for days or even weeks if I'm not online at the right time.

I just realize reading this post that I never played the new map. Every time I am on I keep getting the underpass in rotation, which is my least favorite map. lol

Ozium

I'm gonna go to a friends house to BBQ for the 4th and watch some baseball, I think I'll bring over Splatoon to show it to him... He's a Dog fan so we'll do Team Dog and I will throw matches while showing him the game

#teamcat master plan

meow

Sendou

You say that now until you run into that one random team that comes out of nowhere and destroys you.

Although, the warehouse and the underpass are the two stages where it is easy to overwhelm the other team and trap them in their own base, especially if they're Rollers.

I don't like matches where one team destroys the other. I like matches where you keep trying your hardest till the end because you don't know how it will turn out. In addition I like high-level Splatoon. That feeling how you can't really take it easy on any opponent.

Crisium

Custom Splattershot Jr. has my favourite sub and special combo. Disruptor and Locator ftw. Trying to play this weapon though, ugh, it's so short range. And the wide spray makes for great painting but poor engagements.

In my anger I returned to my fav that I had take a long break from. Welcome back, Custom Jet Squelcher. 15-0 and 11-1 in 2 games since returning. RANGE!!!!

Linkyn

Man, lobbies keep failing because Team Pop can't get their members in line. Europe must really love Rock or something.

Xeteh

well fuck me I can't carry my team with this lag and they are completely clueless, this is gonna take forever

Last night I was at 39/50 for champion. It took me 6 games to get it despite me having at least 1100p in every game. I was so fucking tired and fed up.

Top Bottom