• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

God damn, am I playing mario galaxy?

MlWA77wboj0GIcHTqe
It's pretty Mario Galaxy, yeah.

Junahu

Grinded through the second half of my Rock ranking. I had a couple of shaky losses against the Pop separatists, but then I found my feet and started playing correctly.

When you pressure the enemy team enough, you get a sense for which path they're going to take to sneak around you. It's super satisfying to deny them the chance of getting back into the game.

I also saw some rollers who don't flick. Felt really nostalgic for the simple times when rollers just rolled around and people thought that was broken. *sigh*

I wish the splatfest had a wider variety of things to make it "special"
I'd like to see more game modes available at once, but if they're not going to do that, rotate out the game modes and levels more, and throw in "special challenges" or "special conditions", like bonuses for covering X amount of ink or splatting X amount of enemies with a certain weapon, or doing "only rollers" or "chargers vs blasters" randomly for a few rounds, or other stuff like that to make things a little more crazy and unpredictable.

I would have also liked to have seen them use the splatfest to take their (already very good) world building further. Like, what if the splatfest was "sponsored" by one of the brands, and all of the shops would feature a new items from that brand?

EulaCapra

OMG Went from Dog Fangirl to Dog Queen straight without any potty breaks in what feels like 3.5 hours.

Now that I have been crowned Queen, time to prepare for fireworks! Happy Independence Day, US-GAF!

Xeteh

Someone might have mentioned this but I noticed Marie says that she hears Judd is more active at night and during Splatfest he is dancing on his perch instead of sleeping.

-Horizon-

Just had a match where the rest of my team disconnected in a poof of smoke and the other team lost 2 people so it was 2 vs 1 lol

Still somehow managed to win :3

Robotguy

When you have more kills than all your teammates combined and every one of them has at least twice as many deaths as you. I'm done.

-Horizon-

Um, I didn't manage to take a picture but I don't think we're supposed to have matches of Team Dog vs Team Dog lol

It disconnected after everyone reached the center of the map lol

Xeteh

Zero²;170912570 said:
Anyone knows how points are scored? I'm cat queen so can I still keep earning points for my team?

Yeah for sure, you're just trying to get wins. Your rank dictates your rewards.

So dumb, why wouldn't they have a map rotation?

Playing was miserable because I dislike both bluefin depot and urchin underpass lol

Are you EU? We don't have Bluefin (thank you jebus) we have underpass, warehouse and Kelp Dome.

Zero²;170912570 said:
Anyone knows how points are scored? I'm cat queen so can I still keep earning points for my team?

I'm pretty sure you'll keep earning points for your team unless facing off against other cats (or dogs for us dogs)

Mega

Banned
2 Dog Kings on my team keep coming in last going like 0-9 each match lol

Testing new weapons maybe? There's not much else to do if you had your fill of this event. I may do the same and maybe finally figure out Chargers or try my hand at rollers and the brush.

I wish the splatfest had a wider variety of things to make it "special"
I'd like to see more game modes available at once, but if they're not going to do that, rotate out the game modes and levels more, and throw in "special challenges" or "special conditions", like bonuses for covering X amount of ink or splatting X amount of enemies with a certain weapon, or doing "only rollers" or "chargers vs blasters" randomly for a few rounds, or other stuff like that to make things a little more crazy and unpredictable.

I would have also liked to have seen them use the splatfest to take their (already very good) world building further. Like, what if the splatfest was "sponsored" by one of the brands, and all of the shops would feature a new items from that brand?
Krak-On vs Rockenberg?

Or maybe...

Skalop vs Zink? ;P

Robotguy

Zero²;170912570 said:
Team Cat? No, you can't help any more, you might as well quit now.

The winning team is determined by total percentage of matches won. As long as you keep winning you should be helping.

ViviOggi

tbh the best thing is when you random nade someone, see their remains for a second before they go poof and you realize they just fumingly turned off their console

_Isaac

My gamepad cradle is right next to me when I'm playing. I put it down between every match for that little bit of extra charging.

Same. The matchmaking time takes a while sometimes, so I just put it in its cradle and then post on here while I wait.

Azure J

I have the strangest luck with video games I swear.

- Go hard on something from the moment the flag waves and get frustrated out of my mind by my play/luck.

- Come back a few hours later after sleep and a day out and get up to the average rank with one or two hiccups along the way.

- Decide "why the fuck not" and play some extra credit matches and hand people blowout after blowout or reversal pushes back to back to back. The fuck? :lol

Top Bottom