• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Zero²

Team Cat? No, you can't help any more, you might as well quit now.

The winning team is determined by total percentage of matches won. As long as you keep winning you should be helping.
Hummm I've had my fill. Man it was fun, never had such a quality time with randoms in a while, everyone paying attention and backing each other up...
It was fun, even if we completely destroyed those poor dogs

Robotguy

Same. The matchmaking time takes a while sometimes, so I just put it in its cradle and then post on here while I wait.
And if I really need to I unplug the cradle and plug in the gamepad.
I share one of my desktops monitors with my WiiU, so I always have gaf and my chargers and everything close at hand.

Zomba13

I wish the splatfest had a wider variety of things to make it "special"
I'd like to see more game modes available at once, but if they're not going to do that, rotate out the game modes and levels more, and throw in "special challenges" or "special conditions", like bonuses for covering X amount of ink or splatting X amount of enemies with a certain weapon, or doing "only rollers" or "chargers vs blasters" randomly for a few rounds, or other stuff like that to make things a little more crazy and unpredictable.

I would have also liked to have seen them use the splatfest to take their (already very good) world building further. Like, what if the splatfest was "sponsored" by one of the brands, and all of the shops would feature a new items from that brand?

IT'd be nice if the Splatfest was crazy. All maps on rotation with all modes. Just a crazy free for all for the duration.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's weird that I've had more lag and connection problems playing only European players than I do when it's worldwide randoms.

Typical results of Team Dog taking on Team Cat
Lj1TPkc.jpg

Don't you know that a cornered cat becomes more dangerous?

#teamcat

Sorry for the bad rotation. I took it quickly with my phone and didn't bother to fix it lol.

Robotguy

Zero²;170913779 said:
Hummm I've had my fill. Man it was fun, never had such a quality time with randoms in a while, everyone paying attention and backing each other up...
It was fun, even if we completely destroyed those poor dogs
That's been the opposite of my experience. I back people up and flank the opponent when I have the opportunity to, but I don't get any help when I need it. Though when I need help usually everyone else it dead the whole match so..

IT'd be nice if the Splatfest was crazy. All maps on rotation with all modes. Just a crazy free for all for the duration.
I like it. Every round you play a new randomly selected map and mode. Pure chaos.

Geg

Oh wow if you go to the weapon testing range, it's still nighttime with the splatfest music muffled in the distance, that's a nice detail

Xeteh

I figured I'd play more but after three matches in a row with disconnects on my team I'll pass for now.

I feel bad every time a disconnect happens, whether it's on my team or the other.
You're a better person than me... Everytime someone on the other team disconnected I thought "yay free win!".

_Isaac

Oh wow if you go to the weapon testing range, it's still nighttime with the splatfest music muffled in the distance, that's a nice detail

Oh cool. I checked the stores and the single player mode to see if that looked any different, but it didn't look like it.

DaBoss

I feel bad every time a disconnect happens, whether it's on my team or the other.
I just start fooling around if someone on the other team disconnects (i.e. squid-kidding, jump around without care, paint every little spot, etc.). Though I probably won't notice it right away unless they disconnected from the start.
I think someone got confused:
w5D5tpo.jpg
But that drawing is sooo good.

Of course it would be someone from team dog.

Junahu

Why do people put a bunch of beacons at their base? Those are basically "jump to" spots right?
A single beacon at the base is meant to be a reminder to teammates that someone has beacons on the field. Even if they show up on the map, people tend to forget about beacons too easily.

A bunch of beacons at the base is just trolling.

-Horizon-

I just start fooling around if someone on the other team disconnects (i.e. squid-kidding, jump around without care, paint every little spot, etc.). Though I probably won't notice it right away unless they disconnected from the start.

But that drawing is sooo good.

Of course it would be someone from team dog.
Yeah I might start doing at. I kept playing seriously a few matches ago and I feel like a dick now ._.

javac

Man fuck this I don't know why on God's green earth I chose Pop for, I was trying to be 'funny' and 'cute' and against the grain and I knew it was a fucking mistake, the teams are nothing but trash, with the Rock teams constantly full of level 20's while I'm paired with level fucking 5's, I mean I don't want to level shame but come the fuck on! Constantly having one person drop out and having to fight 3 on 4 is bullshit! Ahhh! Not my day at all.

The only highlight was Marie T_T

Kangi

Cats can't even take us when we're down 3v4.

Still undefeated against cats. Only other dogs can dethrone the dogs.

_Isaac

Man fuck this I don't know why on God's green earth I chose Pop for, I was trying to be 'funny' and 'cute' and against the grain and I knew it was a fucking mistake, the teams are nothing but trash, with the Rock teams constantly full of level 20's while I'm paired with level fucking 5's, I mean I don't want to level shame but come the fuck on! Constantly having one person drop out and having to fight 3 on 4 is bullshit! Ahhh! Not my day at all.

Isn't rock kinda dead anyway?

BooJoh

Just had a match where one of our team stood at the base emoting and the other team had an unstoppable Gold Dynamo with 15 kills at the end. 4v4 and they won with 79%.

-Horizon-

Splat fest has just been meh. Other than the new plaza look and night theme for stages, I'm not feeling it. Matches are painstakingly slow to set up. And darn slow just to exit from. Not to mention the disconnects. And I can't help but feel that I'm meeting more...'new' players in each game than when I just had a random match before splat fest. Also there only being 3 stages in rotation and you being unable to play any other mode while this event is going on is lame.

Got to dog champion. Will probably just stop here.

Eternal Rock rank reached! It's gonna be another victory for Callie.

Match making can take quite some time and more than a few Rock vs Rock matches.

Geg

I honestly haven't had many problems with long matchmaking, but I guess that's because I'm team cat. Lots of weird communication errors while waiting to find team dog players though

Isn't she always? XD

EDIT: And that's a wrap as I attain royalty. This has been fun, but I realize that spending most of my time playing against Japanese players the past few weeks has made me into a beast against local NA opponents. Sadly, too few matches felt tense and fun against evenly matched teams, with my team steamrolling fairly easily most of the time, even against level 20 teams. Oh well, I hope that they improve some of the matchmaking for the next Splatfest, and pick a more interesting pair of teams to be a part of. Imagine: "Callie vs. Marie!" 8O It'd be an inkbath!

Robotguy

I was coaching my brother to leave suction bombs in SJ positions whenever he sees them. The first time he does it, full team KO. I was just mystified. :lol
I usually just shoot them when they come in. But I'm starting to do more splat bomb timing now.

Top Bottom