• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

-Horizon-

Imagine how it feels when everybody except you disconnects during the match.
Had to fight on my own versus an entire team.
I actually started to head back to my own base side if I see that happen to the other team. Going back to ink all the small spots that were missed around the spawn point. I try to not engage them anymore unless they come after me lol.

highlights from the fest were the 4 3v4 wins I had vs 4 man cat teams. twice on walleye, twice on underpass. They were consecutive with the same two other dudes, myself and a team mate with custom dual squelcher, plus a super on-point dynamo roller. Me and the other squelcher were using range perfectly and were alternating setting off our echolocaters so effectively. we always had eyes. Checked their equipment afterwards: the other custom squelcher was similar to me with a focus on faster special guage increase but he went offense up and ink refill up while I mainly have run & swim speed up and defense up a bit. The roller was basically entirely offense up, defense up, run speed up. I stopped getting frustrated cause we had great chemistry and kept good formations. sent friend requests afterward

I wish there were still 4 hour map rotations, possibly mode randomness as some have said. I imagine these were just trial runs and they'll advance em. the new music was SUCH a welcome relief

I just snipe them from behind the marker when they land, then get killed by the guy I just splatted seconds later

I've found it a good idea to hide in ink while waiting for them to land, that way they don't know exactly where to shoot until they land and you start.

I hit Cat King a little while ago so I'm probably done for the day. Splatfest is fun as long as you find team members who know what they're doing.

DaBoss

My highlights from the Splatfest are stopping like 10 Krakens from killing me while I was using the Inkbrush.

Stay away you foul beast!

One match had me keeping away a Kraken, but then one of their teammates got me lol. Another one was just this dude lagging so hard that I couldn't tell when I was supposed to swing my brush.

Geg

I don't go easy if it's 4 on 3, there have been many times where I've won or almost won with only 3 on my team, or been beaten by a team with 3 on theirs. If they're down to two though it's pretty safe to back off a little

Going 13/1 to win the 3V4.
Get rekt cats.
I went 14-4 in a 3 vs 4 match against the dogs earlier, we almost won but all got inkzooka'd at the last 15 seconds or so and couldn't stop them from making up the difference :(

Violet_0

Banned
I've found it a good idea to hide in ink while waiting for them to land, that way they don't know exactly where to shoot until they land and you start.
oh, as a sniper I don't really have to hide. That's more of a connection issue, when I kill someone and the splat symbol doesn't show up immediately it's time for me to run because an invisible gun is following me

Timing bomb throws perfectly to take out an incoming superjumper is such a good feeling.
I was coaching my brother to leave suction bombs in SJ positions whenever he sees them. The first time he does it, full team KO. I was just mystified. :lol
Yeah, this is something I've started doing during the splatfest and when I have the free ink to do so. If I see an enemy super jump circle, I wait 2 seconds, then drop a suction bomb near the circle. I'm assuming there's nothing they can do about that, unless they activate Bubbler or Kraken mid-flight. That at least makes more sense than waiting for them to come down and shoot them to death when they land.

Big Nikus

I've been lucky with Team Pop so far. More than 30 wins and 5 or 6 lost games. I've had really awesome teammates for once, I love it.

Azure J

The true Dog Queen.

Because she's a bitch?

Kappa

Yeah, this is something I've started doing during the splatfest and when I have the free ink to do so. If I see an enemy super jump circle, I wait 2 seconds, then drop a suction bomb near the circle. I'm assuming there's nothing they can do about that, unless they activate Bubbler or Kraken mid-flight. That at least makes more sense than waiting for them to come down and shoot them to death when they land.

I emulated something similar with a Sprinkler to great effect during this time playing randoms. I really need to investigate how to score KOs with Sprinklers if such a method exists and is consistent.

pack it up team cat look at that win streak for team dog (takin from miiverse not me)

MlWA77wdSS4dmjAYOq

oh, as a sniper I don't really have to hide. That's more of a connection issue, when I kill someone and the splat symbol doesn't show up immediately it's time for me to run because an invisible gun is following me
Oh, ha, I see. It's not too often my connection issues have been that bad thankfully.

Dryk

I feel like NoE should've predicted that Team Pop would skew younger and get demolished

Splat fest has just been meh. Other than the new plaza look and night theme for stages, I'm not feeling it. Matches are painstakingly slow to set up. And darn slow just to exit from. Not to mention the disconnects. And I can't help but feel that I'm meeting more...'new' players in each game than when I just had a random match before splat fest.
I guess this is why we have regional matchmaking. Can you imagine this compounded with the effects of people being able to play whatever they want o_O

Effect

This has made me think we won't be getting three maps in the normal rotation. Instead that will be saved for the Splatfest and that's the reason for the extra space while Turf War and Ranked Battles will stay two maps.

That said this has been fun. I was surprised all other modes were removed for the event.

Thanks to the atrocious latency and team disconnects I think the splatfest is the least fun I've ever had with Splatoon. Was really looking forward to this, and it has just been a huge disappointment. Hard to have fun when you are constantly getting phantom splatted by the person you just splatted 5 seconds ago, nowhere near the actual encounter.

Linkyn

I don't think I've ever had such a high win streak. Pop putting up no resistance right now - I just fought a couple of 4v1 battles, and even a very entertaining 2v0 (after disconnects) earlier tonight.

Doorman

So are there, like...good random players on team dog? Anywhere? I've had like one or two people in a room that I had a decent synergy with but it feels like almost everyone else I wind up with seems to get stomped on easily. Wasted one of my better Nozzlenose performances because I had two teammates go 0:6 and 0:7. Thanks guys!

BooJoh

So are there, like...good random players on team dog? Anywhere? I've had like one or two people in a room that I had a decent synergy with but it feels like almost everyone else I wind up with seems to get stomped on easily. Wasted one of my better Nozzlenose performances because I had two teammates go 0:6 and 0:7. Thanks guys!

I got into a team that was having a good run with few losses, but once a couple of them dropped things went downhill again.

AGITΩ

I had finally found a team that was wrecking all of team cats. Then i got a conbection unstable and dropped out...in the lobby with a bunch on level 9...vs all lvl 20...fuck

Geg

One of the only times I lost against team dog this afternoon was playing against a team that had Skiesofwonder on it. Most teams I played against were underleveled or otherwise not very good

Because she's a bitch?

Kappa

I emulated something similar with a Sprinkler to great effect during this time playing randoms. I really need to investigate how to score KOs with Sprinklers if such a method exists and is consistent.
That'll be hard to do, since sprinklers don't have good burst damage. I've died to sprinklers twice so far (lol), but those were totally preventable situations and I was being a dumbass.

Maybe if the sprinkler was right on the super jump circle? Then all the sprinkler shots would hopefully hit the enemy as he/she is coming down.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Finally back home from work, in the morning I and my team was dominating, but then the last few games were horrible.

javac

Isn't rock kinda dead anyway?
If Rock is dead I don't even want to know what Pop is right now, the whole thing is a shambles. I'm legitimately ashamed of my teams. Seriously, when I die I want my team to be the ones who lower me into my grave so they can let me down one more time.

Isn't she always? XD
She's so beautiful *_*

Because she's a bitch?

Azure plz don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Codeblue

Game is so much better when teams are locked. Had a group of three people that didn't drop a game in the last two hours.

I guess Team Dog is taking this thing if their numbers are so great that there aren't enough Cat teams to go around? I'll still hold out hope regardless.

Top Bottom