• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

javac

I don't know who [GAF]Mike is but they killed the connection and I lost my all roller team!

Please don't tell me you use the roller, god the only thing worse than rollers are snipers, morons who camp and snipe in this game make my blood boil. Its the equivalent of playing a racing game, parking the car in the middle of the road and blocking the other team from going past. Like, sure you're preventing us from going past the finishing line, but you're also not fun to play with! *Grumble grumble*

Please don't tell me you use the roller, god the only thing worse than rollers are snipers, morons who camp and snipe in this game make my blood boil. Its the equivalent of playing a racing game, parking the car in the middle of the road and blocking the other team from going past. Like, sure you're preventing us from going past the finishing line, but you're also not fun to play with! *Grumble grumble*

So are rollers looked down on?

Because I like the roller. :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Variety is the spice of life. I swap weapons all the time.

Kindekuma

Banned
Ugh so many matches tonight where immediately at start 3 other people want to ink the spawn area. GUYS. ONE PERSON CAN HANDLE THAT LATER IN THE MATCH ONCE WE'VE COVERED GROUND.

Grakl

This is very silly

So you just hate half of the weapon types?

javac

So are rollers looked down on?

Because I like the roller. :/

I'm just messing haha, rollers are fine, I'm not a fan of them personally and never use them myself but they seem to be an integral part of the game and a good roller on a team is super helpful, use whatever you feel comfortable with and have fun, forget whatever others say
, but snipers are another matter all together!

Regiruler

Mad at chargers? The hell, we're an endangered species

Grakl

I'm just messing haha, rollers are fine, I'm not a fan of them personally and never use them myself but they seem to be an integral part of the game and a good roller on a team is super helpful, use whatever you feel comfortable with and have fun, forget whatever others say
, but snipers are another matter all together!
Snipers are fun dawg

StAidan

Been gone pretty much all day, but helped achieve 10 or so victories for Team Cat early this morning. Now time to jump back on and try to aspire to something better than Cat Defender...

javac

Snipers are fun dawg

But but but...most of them just camp and kill me from the other side of the map without any time to react at all and 9/10 they always come last because they don't paint anything! :(

On a serous note I'm just bitter and need to git gud, Splatoon is pretty much my first online game outside of Kart and I rage easily. Sometimes I have amazing win streaks and own the map, other times like today I get decimated, not fun! Play with whatever weapon you like, but that doesn't mean that I have to like playing against you! :( Feels great when you figure out where the snipers are camping and you kill them all and they trip over themselves however!

I think today I realized that I need to up the sensitivity to full, I react way too slowly. I think right now I have it at +1 or something. Not high enough!

Azure J

I remember before I actually played Splatoon that chargers were the class I wanted to main. :lol

I still want to learn them properly but none of the chargers have the right combo of stuff for me yet.

I think Red and his roller need to teach you a lesson boy.

Geg

Man it sucks to hear they still haven't fixed the 4 vs 1 splatfest problem. I haven't been in any matches like that myself but I'm sure it's frustrating as hell, especially since those are going to count toward the final splatfest results

Zing

Banned
So are there, like...good random players on team dog? Anywhere?
I've seen maybe two in my several hours as team cat. I can't tell if cats are just as poor, but we won every match except one. The dogs I've skirmished with were all pretty bad, even the level 20s.

OryoN

First splatfest match for the day.
I came away with 1469 pts on Kelp Dome, and we still lost by a huge margin. This ain't looking good Team-Dogs. :(

First 10 or so matches all my team dog allies sucked, now I can't tell if my team is good as I keep getting handicap battles where someone on the other team disconnects early in a match

Violet_0

Banned
Have had no luck as team dog, several 1000p matches not on kelp dome lost due to my team mates just being bad :|

try focusing on killing opponents instead of getting points, unless you're using the Aerospray or Painbrush

I play with the Custom E-liter, Carbon Roller and Rapid Blaster and they are all not-that-good to godawful at raking up points, but occasionally still I end up on top of the score board even with the E-liter just by simply not dying often. Most of my time is spend either actively hunting down enemies or zoning them out, and of course I cover the area with my team's ink whenever I have the time for it

try focusing on killing opponents instead of getting points, unless you're using the Aerospray or Painbrush

I play with the Custom E-liter, Carbon Roller and Rapid Blaster and they are all not-that-good to godawful at raking up points, but occasionally still I end up on top of the score board even with the E-liter just by simply not dying often. Most of my time is spend either actively hunting down enemies or zoning them out, and of course I cover the area with my team's ink whenever I have the time for it

I use a roller and mostly try and pincer strike the enemy team, I often do get 5+ kills and few deaths, don't matter when the rest of your team combined is like 2-15 :|

Crayolan

Man it sucks to hear they still haven't fixed the 4 vs 1 splatfest problem. I haven't been in any matches like that myself but I'm sure it's frustrating as hell, especially since those are going to count toward the final splatfest results

Actually it's kind of fun. I had one and I basically just went on a killing spree seeing how many I could get. Got 13, was pretty decent.

javac

I think Red and his roller need to teach you a lesson boy.

Mercy :(

Funnily enough I don't mind rollers from a face off point of view, I just don't like how half of the time you don't even touch them and still die, lag I'm guessing? I've only used the roller in the tests but not actually in a match, I just feel dirty whenever I contemplate the notion of using one. I need to aim and shoot things damn it!

My main is the Aerospray MG, I like how the ink goes in all directions and I love high fire rate weapons but its weak as fuck. I tried going half way with the N-Zap '85 which has decent fire rate and more power, range but the ink goes in a straight line and you need to be more accurate with it! I may go with the Dual Squelcher.

Oidisco

So I just learned and did my first speedruns of Splatoon today, and it's seriously an incredible speedgame. It's around an hour long, don't have too much RNG to deal with besides a couple levels and it's highly skill based.

I also played a little splatfest and the matchmaking was a mess

Doorman

Whatever Nintendo did to "fix" matchmaking in Splatfests...I don't think it's worked nearly as well as they need it to. Something's got to be wrong with the way they set up teams and then match against each other, connection issues abound leading to mismatched games. It's never been this bad with regular games, since if someone misses the host, it just waits to refill the spot instead of starting the round already. It wouldn't bother me so much if getting snails, the best way to personally advance and customize your character, wasn't also tied so heavily into your ability to win games. It puts a much bigger premium (and generates much greater frustration) when you're shorthanded.

...and it'd also help if I didn't play like ass for most of the night.

Violet_0

Banned
Map rotation when? Holy shit

Been the same three maps all day since I've been playing.

never
the current iteration of Splatfest sort of sucks. Needs map rotation, game mode rotations and most importantly friend lobbies (they could make friend games not count towards the teams contribution, I wouldn't even mind)

BooJoh

rKA3zZo.jpg

Made Dog King. Gained about 2 levels from 15 to 17 in the process. I'm guessing I'll need to get 20 before I can use my snails.

I feel like people playing today are worse at dealing with the brush than usual holy shit. Regularly getting 60+% team scores against Team Cat because of sneaking up on people and pushing them to spawn.

Brush 2 gud.

Kelp Splatterscope putting in work too, I've killed like 8 people today with the sprinkler. Ridiculous.

Shizuka

I'm stopping at Dog Champion, unfortunately I have other games I have to be playing right now. It was fun though, even though I don't know what bonuses I'm getting for achieving Dog Champion.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
never
the current iteration of Splatfest sort of sucks. Needs map rotation, game mode rotations and most importantly friend lobbies (they could make friend games not count towards the teams contribution, I wouldn't even mind)

I thought I would at least be able to play with friends like we normally do instead of random people all day.

Good idea but horrible execution by Nintendo.

And you're not serious about these 3 maps for the whole day are you?

BooJoh

I'm stopping at Dog Champion, unfortunately I have other games I have to be playing right now. It was fun though, even though I don't know what bonuses I'm getting for achieving Dog Champion.

At Champion I believe you'll get 8 Super Sea Snails, 16 if team Dog wins. At Dog King/Queen you'd get 12/24.

I think the 4/8 extra snails are the equivalent of 120,000/240,000 gold to Spyke.

Regiruler

At Champion I believe you'll get 8 Super Sea Snails, 16 if team Dog wins. At Dog King/Queen you'd get 12/24.

I think the 4/8 extra snails are the equivalent of 120,000/240,000 gold to Spyke.
It's 12 for champion for the losing team allegedly now

Top Bottom