• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Regiruler

CJHXtIbUYAAodc4.jpg

Umm...
Mask and aerospray?

Scrubbbbbbbb

Rubixcuba

Banned
Teams are horrible. Just played Underpass, rushed to hold middle, took out half Pop team and where was Team Rock? Painting the spawn and not advancing. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

DaBoss

Hating on $$$$ Dome is silly.

--------------
This is how Super Sea Snails are distributed if you are on the losing team:
Fanboy/Fangirl - 2
Fiend - 3
Defender - 5
Champion - 12
King/Queen - 18

If you are on the winning team:
Fanboy/Fangirl - 4
Fiend - 6
Defender - 10
Champion - 16
King/Queen - 24

The winner of Splatfest is determined by taking the percentage of the votes and wins for each team. The number of wins is worth 2x more than votes.

No one gets points. Otherwise, the side which the more number of people chose to play for will almost always win.

So then why wouldn't all dog players instantly disconnect when they see another team of all dogs if that match means nothing? Yeah it boost your splatfest rank 2 or 5 points but it don't help your team win.

Also got to champ and stopped, don't have the time/energy to play at least another 35ish matches

black_clavus

Neo Member

--------------
Fanboy/Fangirl - 2
Fiend - 3
Defender - 5
Champion - 12
King/Queen - 18

Fanboy/Fangirl - 4
Fiend - 6
Defender - 10
Champion - 16
King/Queen - 24

The winner of Splatfest is determined by taking the percentage of the votes and wins for each team. The number of wins is worth 2x more than votes.

Wow, that's alot of snails, even for losers

I am taking my fucking Cat Champion title and not going for Queen because fuck. This. Shit.

I am now a Jr. for life person though, for Turf Wars at least.

Zing

Banned
Wow, the players on now are just awful. Simply terrible. I could literally win all by myself. It's hilarious. I guess playing ranked has shielded me from the plebs all this time.

SM239

So SM239, are you currently playing with a person named Aurora?

That's my youngest sis. :lol

Oh lol

I've been lobby hopping every game trying to see if I can run into someone from GAF. I guess that was the closest I've gotten today lol

Teams are horrible. Just played Underpass, rushed to hold middle, took out half Pop team and where was Team Rock? Painting the spawn and not advancing. Sigh, sigh, sigh.
I took out an entire team in just a few seconds earlier today. Looked for where my team was.

...I had no words.

Today was the first time I played Turf Wars in over two weeks. I saw a lot of Aerospray users. If you give them an inch they'll overrun the map pretty quick.

Zing

Banned
I took out an entire team in just a few seconds earlier today. Looked for where my team was.

...I had no words.

I assume this is how low level turf wars always is. Several teammates meticulously inking every visible pixel around our spawn. I have to assume these are very young children. My daughter is nine and she could probably solo most of the teams out there right now.

Azure J

Today was the first time I played Turf Wars in over two weeks. I saw a lot of Aerospray users. If you give them an inch they'll overrun the map pretty quick.

They're like roaches. Always traveling in groups and prone to screwing everything over if you don't kill their hive.

Violet_0

Banned
I assume this is how low level turf wars always is. Several teammates meticulously inking every visible pixel around our spawn. I have to assume these are very young children. My daughter is nine and she could probably solo most of the teams out there right now.

the funny thing is you could perfectly paint your spawn area for the first 2 minutes and never leave and then make a final push at the last minute, splat the enemy team and swing the game. The way Turf Wars works, the first few minutes are pretty meaningless

So then why wouldn't all dog players instantly disconnect when they see another team of all dogs if that match means nothing? Yeah it boost your splatfest rank 2 or 5 points but it don't help your team win.
It goes by win %, not any sort of point system. So a dog VS dog match would add a win and a loss and put your team closer to 50%. If it's below 50% then this is good but if it's above 50% then that's bad.

Also, most people are just trying to get as high of a title as they can for the super sea snails. So no, there's no reason to DC because that just makes the process go slower.

Geg

It goes by win %, not any sort of point system. So a dog VS dog match would add a win and a loss and put your team closer to 50%. If it's below 50% then this is good but if it's above 50% then that's bad.

Also, most people are just trying to get as high of a title as they can for the super sea snails. So no, there's no reason to DC because that just makes the process go slower.

Dog v Dog matches don't count to the final splatfest results at all, they just added that in so people on the team with more people would be able to play instead of waiting for 10 minutes to find a team to fight

Dog v Dog matches don't count to the final splatfest results at all, they just added that in so people on the team with more people would be able to play instead of waiting for 10 minutes to find a team to fight
Yep. I was just saying what would happen if they did have Dog VS Dog count.

Though the mere idea is dumb because this is Cats VS Dogs damn it. Dogs VS Dogs are only there to make it so people can play and get points a lot easier instead of just staring at the screen for like 3 minutes.

Geg

I feel like 95% of my losses today were due to either uneven numbers/disconnects or there was a gaffer on the other team. Get it together dogs

Crisium

Nothing wrong with playing for fun. I think aerospray gets a bad rap as the "scrub" weapon though

Aerospray is legit at Turf War. I see them rack up the points so much. I don't even have the weapon unlocked though. I only played single player enough to unlock the Kelp Splat Charger, which I don't even use anymore as I abandoned Chargers. But such is me, I have 84 hours of Battlefield 4 online and 0 mins of single player. And that game also unlocks MP weapons in SP. Oh well.

Twice in a row had only 3 people on my cat team.

We won both.

Wish I could've went on but I had just played ten matches straight and wasn't sure I could keep up with the other two if it happened again.

In the middle of defender, 20/55. 134 points to get to max. Is it even possible?

Do I get anything for being 40/99 for King?

javac

Nothing wrong with playing for fun. I think aerospray gets a bad rap as the "scrub" weapon though

Never realized, not that it'll deter me, look down upon everybody else so the feelings mutual on the battlefield! :p I've tried the Jet Squelcher, nice range but way too slow for me, tried the Dual Squelcher and again too slow for me. I like the N-ZAP '85 but the ink just goes in a straight line and requires more precision to kill. Aerospray MG just has perfect fire rate to me, with ink splattering left, right and center. I can't use slow weapons...I mean its not like I can't use them, more like won't. I'm stubborn. if only it had more damage. Will ever use a roller and snipers are just not my style. I'm here to paint the ground not to kill, I avoid all confrontations possible which Ninja Squid helps with.

Robotguy

--------------
Fanboy/Fangirl - 2
Fiend - 3
Defender - 5
Champion - 12
King/Queen - 18

Fanboy/Fangirl - 4
Fiend - 6
Defender - 10
Champion - 16
King/Queen - 24

Wow, they really upgraded loser snails.

Why are my cats teams having trouble finding dogs? Are they all asleep?
Dogs quit cause they all reached king/queen already.

Aerospray supposed to be bad? It's my main lol. Bad for killing but great for points and it has decent sub weapons.
Aerosprays are fantastic. Their rapid fire and wide coverage give you instant maneuverability in any situation because you can just flick your gamepad and have at worst a good zigzag path to escape or charge forward with. Their range and power may be low but that rate of fire is more than enough so long as you get close. I'm particularly fond of the one with seekers and inkzooka (splat zones at least)

StAidan

Sigh, I give up. Followed up this morning's winning streak with a losing streak that was just as long. Several games where disconnects left my team with 1 or 2 members, but I can't blame it all on that. I was missing a lot of easy shots and getting splatted to kingdom come.

Really off my game tonight, so I'm just gonna bow out with the Cat Champion title.

javac

Aerosprays are fantastic. Their rapid fire and wide coverage give you instant maneuverability in any situation because you can just flick your gamepad and have at worst a good zigzag path to escape or charge forward with. Their range and power may be low but that rate of fire is more than enough so long as you get close. I'm particularly fond of the one with seekers and inkzooka (splat zones at least)
I find myself using the seeker a lot too, really nice weapon, the inkzooka is nice but I always find myself using it while in enemy paint and I just flail everywhere lol.

Why did Nintendo choose July 4th for this again? :/

Nintendo must hate cats. :/

So, what are you guys gonna do with your Super Sea Snails?

Honestly, I haven't given it any thought yet. I've got some pieces of gear I really like aesthetically but which have crap abilities, so I'll have to decide which ones are worth the investment to add/reroll slots. Still, for reaching royalty status I'm going to get a ton of snails regardless: it's Christmas in July! ;)

BooJoh

Never realized, not that it'll deter me, look down upon everybody else so the feelings mutual on the battlefield! :p I've tried the Jet Squelcher, nice range but way too slow for me, tried the Dual Squelcher and again too slow for me. I like the N-ZAP '85 but the ink just goes in a straight line and requires more precision to kill. Aerospray MG just has perfect fire rate to me, with ink splattering left, right and center. I can't use slow weapons...I mean its not like I can't use them, more like won't. I'm stubborn. if only it had more damage. Will ever use a roller and snipers are just not my style. I'm here to paint the ground not to kill, I avoid all confrontations possible which Ninja Squid helps with.

I use a .52 Gal Deco myself. Nothing else has really clicked that well. Good balance of power, accuracy, and range, and a little strafing goes a long way in paint coverage. When face-to-face with another gun the other guy usually goes down first. Seekers can be great but pose a huge tactical risk as tossing one uses most of my ink. Great for tossing down a long path and swimming behind it deep into enemy ink though.

Crisium

I use a .52 Gal Deco myself. Nothing else has really clicked that well. Good balance of power, accuracy, and range, and a little strafing goes a long way in paint coverage. When face-to-face with another gun the other guy usually goes down first. Seekers can be great but pose a huge tactical risk as tossing one uses most of my ink. Great for tossing down a long path and swimming behind it deep into enemy ink though.

I like when a teammate uses this just at the right time when we are near the middle and we can follow to get there first. That and Brush users who rush ahead - yes the trail is big enough to swim through just fine.

Top Bottom