• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

WonderPup

It would appear as though my Dog brethren have decided, collectively, that I'll crawl to the rank of Dog King two points at a time.

Robotguy

Since around noonish this is how things have been going for me:

1. Get on amazing team, win three of four in a row.

2. Lobby dies/match dies, lose team.

3. Rejoin but get on bad team or a team with less than 4 inklings.

4. Quit, repeat.

Nintendo actually delayed the first Splatfest to fix issues and this is what we got? How bad was it before the fixes???
Dogs couldn't play dogs.

Effect

Finally got to Cat King. Never been so frustrated with the game then I have been today. How the hell do you make it to level 20 without picking up some skill in how to play these maps and how to interact with others so you can win!? Ugh. I don't mind losing in general but I don't like losing because there are three people in one small section of the map.

J@hranimo

Banned
Splatfest has rekindled my love for the seeker bombs. I think when this is all said and done I'm going to try out the .52 gal deco sometime in the next day or so and see how I fare with it.

Also that match was brutal. 4v3 is unforgiving.

Zero²

Since around noonish this is how things have been going for me:

1. Get on amazing team, win three of four in a row.

2. Lobby dies/match dies, lose team.

3. Rejoin but get on bad team or a team with less than 4 inklings.

4. Quit, repeat.

Nintendo actually delayed the first Splatfest to fix issues and this is what we got? How bad was it before the fixes???
Really I've been playing just fine this afternoon...

Splatfest has rekindled my love for the seeker bombs. I think when this is all said and done I'm going to try out the .52 gal deco sometime in the next day or so and see how I fare with it.

Also that match was brutal. 4v3 is unforgiving.
Seekers are why I think silver aerospray > gold aerospray

Chaotix

kPsGwan.jpg

Got dat Dog King status!

Kinda of ready for Splatfest to be over already.

1. Not being able to play with friends is just dumb.

2. Turf War is fun but I don't like not having the choice to play the other modes. I don't want to play Turf War all weekend.

3. The maps. Rotate them for the love of God. (Have they? I may have missed it if they did.)

4. Matching making issues. I understand people are split into two sides, but stop putting me on teams of just 3 against 4. That's not fun.

On the plus side the music is super cool. And not playing against laggy ass Japanese players is pretty great.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kinda of ready for Splatfest to be over already.

1. Not being able to play with friends is just dumb.

2. Turf War is fun but I don't like not having the choice to play the other modes. I don't want to play Turf War all weekend.

3. The maps. Rotate them for the love of God. (Have they? I may have missed it if they did.)

4. Matching making issues. I understand people are split into two sides, but stop putting me on teams of just 3 against 4. That's not fun.

On the plus side the music is super cool.

Agreed on all points, including the music. Not being able to play with friends sucks of course but the fact that they kept the same 3 maps all day was ridiculous.

Matchmaking can't come soon enough.

RGVNOE

too many disconnects for me tonight, and all of a sudden my gamepad disconnects from my wii u every 10 seconds, so that's it for me tonight, hope team dog wins

HeroR

Yeah I've always liked the silver one better than the gold variant. Silver for kills, Gold for inking. Plus I'm impatient with those mines lol, they don't fit my playstyle with this game.

Yikes. I will gladly take this splatfest over that catastrophe.

The Seekers are okay, but I personally love the land mines more. Can't tell you how many people I killed with them, especially after they take me out. Revenge is sweet. And I don't like the Ink Bazooka that much.

I like playing with randoms because I don't know anyone with a Wii U outside of GAF and so I have a few gaffers added, not many, but being gaffers they're elite pro gamers of the highest order. I play a few hours ever weekend and thus always rusty. At least with randomers there's a chance that I can put up a fight instead of walking into a bloodbath!

Also I don't know if I'm ready for that intense NeoGAF metagaming
To fit in in GAF rooms, there are only 3 requirements:

1) Don't sit in your base painting the same shit over and over for the entire match.

2) On Saltspray, there are many ways to get to the top. Utilize them.

3) Don't run straight at people with an Aerospray. At least try to dodge for the love of all that is fucking sacred.

As you can see, we have very low standards.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
It was like that for me until this afternoon when I started getting comm errors every third match :/

I was lucky enough to be on some awesome teams too. made it all the way up to an 18 win streak :(
Yeah, that happened to me too. There were a few times I had a good team only to lose it to a comm error. But there were also a few times where I was able to keep the same team for a while.

I don't know why the connection errors were so bad today.

Doorman

Even if they'd just found a way to rotate the maps, like, once or twice in the day instead of the usual six rotations, things might have felt a little bit fresher for people who were around all day at least. If nothing else, having a taste of the three-map system was nice (although boy it sure seemed to love Kelp Dome more than anything else).

The biggest problem with splatfest is still the matchmaking. Waaaaay too many games that ran 3v4 or less, and in a mode where wins and losses count toward character advancement, that's kind of fucked. And as nice as the music was, I would really appreciate having more than just one song for every single match. Working up to King/Queen rank wound up feeling like such a slog but I really want to be able to customize my gear without having to build up a ridiculous cash reserve.

Here's hoping they continue to iron out issues before the next 'fest. The idea is cool in theory but handling it as they have is a bit bizarre.

I wonder if maybe matchmaking will be added for future Splatfests. It seems like it would be awesome, given the team structure.

Thankfully, when I played earlier, I got paired up with three good teammates for a long time. I got to Cat Champion without much trouble and we only lost maybe four games total out of the however many it took me to get to Cat Champion. Two aerosprays, one krak-on roller and me playing support with my custom splattershot jr.

'Twas good while it lasted.

_Isaac

The Seekers are okay, but I personally love the land mines more. Can't tell you how many people I killed with them, especially after they take me out. Revenge is sweet. And I don't like the Ink Bazooka that much.

The mine is definitely the best revenge weapon.

Yeah, that happened to me too. There were a few times I had a good team only to lose it to a comm error. But there were also a few times where I was able to keep the same team for a while.

Aannnnddd again :{

I can always feel them coming because my ink stops showing up on the map. Does that mean it's a problem on my end? I've checked every network setting and my Wii U is in a DMZ. I wasn't having issues like this during normal turf war/ranked matches this week either.

J@hranimo

Banned

The mine is definitely the best revenge weapon.

There are also very potent in Tower Control as well man. Almost gurantees a kill if you're trying to get on there haha.

Dryk

What. Rerolls is everything. Brand matters a lot, and if you reroll a few times you'll get something acceptable as long as you don't always demand 3x the same sub ability.
Extra slots makes it so people can stop wearing the safari hat though

Ozium

Mines are hilarious, I usually put one down and then engage an enemy, 7/10 times if I get blindsided by a roller he ends up getting mined... then I mash booyah

lol

Robotguy

Just threw a bomb in front of a guy fleeing my teammates kraken down a corridor. He chose death by Kraken. Pretty proud of that assist.

Violet_0

Banned
To fit in in GAF rooms, there are only 3 requirements:

1) Don't sit in your base painting the same shit over and over for the entire match.

2) On Saltspray, there are many ways to get to the top. Utilize them.

3) Don't run straight at people with an Aerospray. At least try to dodge for the love of all that is fucking sacred.

As you can see, we have very low standards.

4) Don't lag ;_;

Oidisco

I've been on the same team for the last 10 matches and we've won all of them!

And as soon as I say that, one of them leaves. She was a really good sniper too :(

Robotguy

Alright, this random I'm with right now is better than me. I'll probably stay with them for a few more games before I call if quits.

I had to work a 12 hour shift today so I got a few hours of Splatfest before work. Initially I found a good team that worked well and we had a lot of fun matches. Then our team switched up and we started losing a bit. On top of that there was this really laggy roller that I had issues with. Of course a few matches later I pull a huge comeback for our team and really hustle to not lose this match and then two seconds before the match is over, com errors strikes and I get nothing for the win. After that I get into another room where we were playing against team dog(I'm team dog) then when we finally face some cats I guess someone dropped from our team so we had 4 vs. 3. I did another match in hope that the match making system would give us a 4th player but nope. So I quit and then rejoin another team. It was a 4 vs. 1 match although this time I was on the 4 player team. The one person on team cat just disconnected so we basically covered everywhere as thorough as we could for 3 minutes. After that I had to go to work. I just got off so I'm gonna try and squeeze in an hour.

Top Bottom