• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Effect

Crazy how replacing one person on the team can screw up the entire flow of the team. Was rocking it with one group for a number of matches. We all knew what to do. No one inked over another's inked. If you got in the same area you helped out with an enemy and then parted in different directions to cover more ground. Inkstrikes all over the place. It was clockwork. Then one had to go and it all fell apart. The new person was painting over another person's ink, following to close, etc. Ugh.

I'm like 30 points from finishingup Cat Champion. I assume King/Queen is after that. Tried of playing for the night but wonder if I can push myself.

Crisium

Use them to get slots for gear and only get slots for gear. Using them for rerolls would be wasting them.

What. Rerolls is everything. Brand matters a lot, and if you reroll a few times you'll get something acceptable as long as you don't always demand 3x the same sub ability.

javac

I use a .52 Gal Deco myself. Nothing else has really clicked that well. Good balance of power, accuracy, and range, and a little strafing goes a long way in paint coverage. When face-to-face with another gun the other guy usually goes down first. Seekers can be great but pose a huge tactical risk as tossing one uses most of my ink. Great for tossing down a long path and swimming behind it deep into enemy ink though.

Yeah generally when I'm up against somebody with that weapon I lose but personally I find the fire-rate too low. No idea if fire-rate truly matters or if its a placebo thing but I feel like that's the thing that makes me perform better.

DaBoss

What. Rerolls is everything. Brand matters a lot, and if you reroll a few times you'll get something acceptable as long as you don't always demand 3x the same sub ability.
Pay 30K for rerolls, just don't use SSS. Would you rather use SSS rerolling one piece of gear continuously that is not guaranteed to roll what you want or save 30K on slots for gear? It would be ridiculously easy to just get the "I gotta keep trying" mentality for rerolls while using SSS.

I come from a Pokemon breeding background, so I gotta keep going for that perfect gear lol. Luck has been on my side (except for ordering gear from Spyke):
https://41.media.tumblr.com/fa767781c515b2176f44bb049c2208c5/tumblr_nqxb6reODh1ux7li8o1_1280.jpg
https://36.media.tumblr.com/a9f4c6741fb9571c7edc001d52db8899/tumblr_nqscjdH6SS1ux7li8o1_1280.jpg
https://36.media.tumblr.com/7fe24462e68d0510639f55f1fdc8ca01/tumblr_nqpypwKjN01ux7li8o1_1280.jpg

Zing

Banned
Hit champion with only three losses total. I could go for the next rank, but that would be 20 more matches and it's already midnight. I did my part, team cat.

Geg

Pay 30K for rerolls, just don't use SSS. Would you rather use SSS rerolling one piece of gear continuously that is not guaranteed to roll what you want or save 30K on slots for gear? It would be ridiculously easy to just get the "I gotta keep trying" mentality for rerolls while using SSS.

I come from a Pokemon breeding background, so I gotta keep going for that perfect gear lol. Luck has been on my side (except for ordering gear from Spyke):
https://41.media.tumblr.com/fa767781c515b2176f44bb049c2208c5/tumblr_nqxb6reODh1ux7li8o1_1280.jpg
https://36.media.tumblr.com/a9f4c6741fb9571c7edc001d52db8899/tumblr_nqscjdH6SS1ux7li8o1_1280.jpg
https://36.media.tumblr.com/7fe24462e68d0510639f55f1fdc8ca01/tumblr_nqpypwKjN01ux7li8o1_1280.jpg

I'm not trying to minmax every piece of gear, so I don't need to use them to add slots. I'll just use them to reroll a piece of gear I want to use but got some shitty subs for and wanted to wait for Splatfest to reroll. I'll probably end up with a bunch of snails left over

javac

Actually you know what, the thing that pisses me off the most about rollers is when you lose, the member with the roller shakes his/her fucking head in disappointment, no fuck you! It's your fault, don't look at me like that! Proper spit in the face :$

WonderPup

Man, I'm tired of working my ass off with this Ink Brush just for my teammates to utterly disappoint me. This thing gets me tired!

Whelp! Back to the Aerospray!

Yeah generally when I'm up against somebody with that weapon I lose but personally I find the fire-rate too low. No idea if fire-rate truly matters or if its a placebo thing but I feel like that's the thing that makes me perform better.
Have you tried the splash-o-matic. It is love on tower control and turf war

javac

I got this game a few days before it came even out, played around 50+ hours and yet I still haven't played ranked. No idea what it entails, but I hate having blemishes/permanent reminders that I suck!

Have you tried the splash-o-matic. It is love on tower control and turf war

I've only played the default mode, so much so that I don't even know what its called! :p

Crayolan

I got this game a few days before it came even out, played around 50+ hours and yet I still haven't played ranked. No idea what it entails, but I hate having blemishes/permanent reminders that I suck!

I've only played the default mode, so much so that I don't even know what its called! :p

If you want to play any game modes other than turf wars you have to play ranked.

I hate you so much right now.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Just hit Dog King. Ending it here.

I like that you stick with the people on your team in Splatfests. Wish it was that way in normal matches. Sucks that you can't play with friends, though.

Stoze

Yeah I'm probably not going to play Ranked, I'm not good enough and hate losing. No stakes with randomers only please!

You're not good enough for what? You're going to lose some games in either mode, and the only stake is a letter grade that goes up or down with wins and losses. You're also playing with random people either way.

Personally I think Splat Zones is much more fun than Turf Wars. Haven't gotten a chance to play Tower Control yet as I took a break from playing during last week.

You're not good enough for what? You're going to lose some games in either mode, and the only stake is a letter grade that goes up or down with wins and losses. You're also playing with random people either way.
Personally, I rarely play in all-random rooms unless I'm testing out my internet before going to play with someone on my friends' list.

Crisium

Yeah I'm probably not going to play Ranked, I'm not good enough and hate losing. No stakes with randomers only please!

Ranked is just a different mode. If you're not "good enough" then you'll hang out in the C ranks or B- and still win 50% of your matches either way. Play ranked to experience Tower Control / Splatzones. Or to simply get more money, because once you hit C+ you'll easily make more money in ranked on average assuming you win 50% of your matches.

Just hit Dog King. Ending it here.

I like that you stick with the people on your team in Splatfests. Wish it was that way in normal matches. Sucks that you can't play with friends, though.

It was like that for me until this afternoon when I started getting comm errors every third match :/

I was lucky enough to be on some awesome teams too. made it all the way up to an 18 win streak :(

javac

Personally I think Splat Zones is much more fun than Turf Wars. Haven't gotten a chance to play Tower Control yet as I took a break from playing during last week.

Not good enough at everything! To be fair I didn't know the intricacies of the ranked mode, so I didn't know if it would tell me exactly how many wins/losses I had etc which I'd hate. Probably not since that's an un-nintendo thing to do, but even with just being assigned a single letter I'd find myself trying to get to a high rank and quitting while I'm high so it doesn't fluctuate, not my thing. I'd rather just jump in and paint stuff lol. Online games just aren't for me. I enjoyed the single player for Splatoon!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
People in the low C ranks aren't much better than randoms in regular. But whatever floats your boat.
I was surprised at this since I only touched Ranked on day 1 and was probably splitting evenly with wins and losses. I tuned into a C- stream and everyone was a scrub. Makes sense.

Stoze

Personally, I rarely play in all-random rooms unless I'm testing out my internet before going to play with someone on my friends' list.

Okay. He was saying he wanted to just wanted play with randoms though, and you can do that in both modes. The ability to play with friends goes without saying.

Not good enough at everything! To be fair I didn't know the intricacies of the ranked mode, so I didn't know if it would tell me exactly how many wins/losses I had etc which I'd hate. Probably not since that's an un-nintendo thing to do, but even with just being assigned a single letter I'd find myself trying to get to a high rank and quitting while I'm high so it doesn't fluctuate, not my thing. I'd rather just jump in and paint stuff lol. Online games just aren't for me. I enjoyed the single player for Splatoon!

Naw, there's no win/loss count. I would just ignore the rank if it's gonna be that way for you, but it's understandable if you can't. It would be nice if they just put all modes in ranked and unranked so everyone can be happy, but I guess not.

javac

Naw, there's no win/loss count. I would just ignore the rank if it's gonna be that way for you, but it's understandable if you can't. It would be nice if they just put all modes in ranked and unranked so everyone can be happy, but I guess not.

I mean to be fair I didn't even realize the other modes were for ranked only and still never bothered to seek them out or cared to give them a whirl, they just don't seem as appealing to me so even if they were available for everyone I still wouldn't play them, but I'm sure others would! even playing with friends, I tried it once with a gaffer, got wrecked and never went back lol!

Okay. He was saying he wanted to just wanted play with randoms though, and you can do that in both modes. The ability to play with friends goes without saying.
Ah.

Personally, today made me remember why I rarely play with randoms anymore. I find it intriguing that he mainly just wants to play with randoms because I hate randoms, it's the entire reason I don't play Ranked.

Doorman

Nothing like splatfest to remind me about just how much I completely fucking suck at this game. Seriously tonight has frustrated me worse than almost any other day I've had this. Had a few good/carry matches but more often than not came away mediocre at best and my entire team just collapsed in the majority of matches played. I'll be stunned if team Cat doesn't come away with over 65% by the end of the night.

I'm exhausted from the day, now frazzled and frustrated with Splatoon, but I finally hit Dog King so I'm fucking out. If I can hardly even acquit myself in groups of randoms like this, holding my own in a GAF room feels like such a hopeless endeavor. Fuck.

javac

Ah.

Personally, today made me remember why I rarely play with randoms anymore. I find it intriguing that he mainly just wants to play with randoms because I hate randoms, it's the entire reason I don't play Ranked.

I like playing with randoms because I don't know anyone with a Wii U outside of GAF and so I have a few gaffers added, not many, but being gaffers they're elite pro gamers of the highest order. I play a few hours ever weekend and thus always rusty. At least with randomers there's a chance that I can put up a fight instead of walking into a bloodbath!

Robotguy

Won my second 3v4. It was ugly for a while, but we made a strong last minute push.
This time I had an actually decent teammate though. It wasn't like last time where I carried against complete scrubs.
Also, I'd like to thank Tenacity for making both these moments possible. Echolocator all day.

Geg

Yep, it just happened again. On an awesome team, destroying everybody and then after three matches boom, lobby dies :'(

Yeah this happened to me a lot today. Had a few amazing teams and couldn't hold onto them for more than 5 matches before getting a connection error waiting for a match

I definitely like having set teams though. Playing with the same people for even just a couple of games really helps you synch up and play better together, especially when you're all winning

Stoze

I mean to be fair I didn't even realize the other modes were for ranked only and still never bothered to seek them out or cared to give them a whirl, they just don't seem as appealing to me so even if they were available for everyone I still wouldn't play them, but I'm sure others would! even playing with friends, I tried it once with a gaffer, got wrecked and never went back lol!

I see. Turf Wars is fun though, nothing wrong with sticking to it if that's what you like.

Ah.

I actually really like ranked with randoms because it's easy to predict enemy movement, and on a lot of maps I'm able to swing the game by myself just by defending a zone when we are already ahead in points, which randoms don't really seem to grasp the concept of.

I haven't played with friends though, mainly because I'm too lazy to add people from here and play with them, unlike Mario Kart 8 where I can just jump in the GAF tourney. Also I don't know if I'm ready for that intense NeoGAF metagaming

Violet_0

Banned
I'm exhausted from the day, now frazzled and frustrated with Splatoon, but I finally hit Dog King so I'm fucking out. If I can hardly even acquit myself in groups of randoms like this, holding my own in a GAF room feels like such a hopeless endeavor. Fuck.

eh, try to get good with a weapon or two and you'll be fine. I don't think most Gaffers much care if someone is underperforming in their team because they're having a bad day or whatever, and hey, at least you get to play in GAF rooms

playing ranked is a good way to get better at this game, btw

Yeah this happened to me a lot today. Had a few amazing teams and couldn't hold onto them for more than 5 matches before getting a connection error waiting for a match

I definitely like having set teams though. Playing with the same people for even just a couple of games really helps you synch up and play better together, especially when you're all winning

Since around noonish this is how things have been going for me:

1. Get on amazing team, win three of four in a row.

2. Lobby dies/match dies, lose team.

3. Rejoin but get on bad team or a team with less than 4 inklings.

4. Quit, repeat.

Nintendo actually delayed the first Splatfest to fix issues and this is what we got? How bad was it before the fixes???

Top Bottom