• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Blues1990

OMG this lag, wtf is happening?

giphy.gif

I definitely think the problem is me now. My connection was good for most today until someone turned the microwave on. It has the same frequency as my router, so after someone turned it on I guess it started interfering with Splatoon. Result is that I get teleporting squids and squids randomly exploding. I'm going to restart my Wii U, hopefully that'll unfuck whatever happened :(

Two 3 cat vs 4 dog matches in a row. Won the first by a large margin and barley lost the second.

It does seem like the better dog players went to bed early >.>

Geg

Ugh, lost my final match of splatfest. Dog team had like three splatomatics and there was a suction bomb rush going off every 15 seconds

69wpm

MlWA77whwzIo_aUkbd

I'm eternal now. No more Splat Fest for me, I got a bit bored in the end. Only 3 maps and most matches were very one-sided. Thankfully no lag except for one Roller on our team who just rolled over already inked turf, very weird. Maybe he was just a troll.

mo60

Look like splatfest is finally over. I lost the majority of my matches, but I won around 30 matches in the end. My losses were not super devastating 99% of the time(under 20% turf covered) besides one match were one player sat near the spawn for like a minute and a half while the enemy team was charging towards our base and destroying me and the other team members at our base). I scored over 700 points in that match and my team only managed to cover 14.8% turf sadly. Got the 2+ bonus points for scoring 400p in a match every single time.I think I may stick with the splattershot jr for now in turf war.

Robotguy

Went 13/3 in the last match and lost. :( Someone was 0/0 so maybe they disconnected.
Final tally 51/13 for dogs since I started keeping track this morning.

3 of the maps in the new rotation are splatfest maps.
Nintendo what are you doing? lol.

Geg

Anyway, connectivity issues aside that was a whole lot of fun. I kind of understand why they can't play with friends in splatfest; the matchmaking is probably working overtime just to get the cat vs dog teams set up properly. And failing sometimes! Just have more than 3 stages for the full 24 hours next time, that's kind of baffling.

GGs team dog

3 of the maps in the new rotation are splatfest maps.
Nintendo what are you doing? lol.

lmao yeah. Maybe they figured no one would want to play anymore afterwards since it's so late

Its so cruel that they haven't given us 3 map rotation as the standard now :(
Be nice if they'd at least up the frequency of rotation...

Nia

My last few matches were pretty tense, but I won them for a good finish. This was a very fun event. Splatfest Inkopolis was magical. I loved the atmosphere. Now for sleep, then editing eight hours of footage tomorrow.

I like to think that now that the Splatfest is over, and the results are being calculated, that it's like the results screen at the end of any given Splatoon match; only the bars are filling up super slowly and Judd is doing his little dance for like eight hours.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
My last few matches were pretty tense, but I won them for a good finish. This was a very fun event. Splatfest Inkopolis was magical. I loved the atmosphere. Now for sleep, then editing eight hours of footage tomorrow.
What team was you on?

I like to think that now that the Splatfest is over, and the results are being calculated, that it's like the results screen at the end of any given Splatoon match; only the bars are filling up super slowly and Judd is doing his little dance for like eight hours.

Ahh, that's why he sleeps so much before Splatfest! Gotta save up that energy for judging somehow. ;P

jwillenn

My final session of about 2 hours was REALLY good. I think there was maybe one game with lag out of goodness knows how many (maybe 35+) and one instance of a teammate dropping out to leave us in a 3v4 situation. I believe my teams of Cats only lost about 3 or 4 of those. While improvements could certainly be made, Splatfest is a well designed event. Great fun! LOVE the idea of having two major rivaling clans made up of numerous mini clans. It felt like being a part of some kind of great war.

Don't even get me started on the combat highlights. Man, I wish this game had a good replay video saving feature.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When do we find out who won? Midnight?

Don't know, but not knowing the current score makes the result pointless. If they had a big sign on the plaza telling you, then the team falling behind might play more and make it more of a fight. Right now all people are doing is grinding for king and then not caring

They should have done a few things differently

- show overall score between teams to encourage people to keep playing
- rotate the maps and game modes more often than usual. Maybe not even announce them. It is a 'fest so make it interesting. One round it is turf war on kelp dome, the next it is splat zone on bluefin, then tower on warehouse.
- keep at least turf war with friends, don't force us to play splatfest. Once I hit king I'm just going to play yos his wooly world because this doesn't interest me.

Gizuko

Jelonzo actually asks you "please to understanding" because you can't swap clothes during the splatfest.
So many details everywhere, I love this game haha.

ryechu

today was a win for utilitarianism. The most snails entered the world today.

And everyone bitching about rice vs bread. More dog lovers in america than japanese kids who eat rice for breakfast.

Aww, Team Dog took Splatfest due to popularity, but Team Cat had more wins, 51-49!

I'm proud of my feline brethren. Now, though, it's time for bed. Gonna sleep well with my horde of Super Sea Snails! :) Night, GAF.

Jachaos

Yay, Team Dog and I win!

Team Cat only had 51% win rate because Judd's biased. It'd have been a tie but the cat went for his own.

Top Bottom