• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

je_ssi e

Dang. Team Cat held their own considering the huge difference in popularity.
Good thing I picked Dog, though.

Them 24 Snails is nice.

jwillenn

Judd was paid to do the right thing, yet Judd failed. Judd's future will contain events of... catastrophic proportions. Enjoy your snails for slots, mutts. You need them! lol.

Violet_0

Banned
looks like the more popular team always has a better chance of winning unless the the win rate is really unbalanced. Seems sort of unfair, to be honest

Pineconn

That wouldn't be fair to the uncoordinated masses of dog people out there.

So then what's the point of battling? The win percentage won't deviate too far from 50%, but the vote amount sure as hell will.

Fine. From now on I'll just vote for the option that I think will be more popular.

Crayolan

So then what's the point of battling? The win percentage won't deviate too far from 50%, but the vote amount sure as hell will.

Fine. From now on I'll just vote for the option that I think will be more popular.

I hope all the bad players will think like this so the good players can all side on the opposite team and clean house with a huge winrate.

Even with this big difference in vote proportion, Team Cat only needed 6% more of the wins to win come out on top, so no, battling isn't pointless. I can totally see a later Splatfest going as far as 60/40 in terms of win rate.

Codeblue

Yeah, I was just joking. Popularity being weighted destroys the whole competition aspect. Might as well make it a poll and skip the removal of modes and map rotation. Popularity would be a cool stat to show at the end, but the winner should come down to total wins.

Jachaos

Eve if I picked Team Dog, won the vast majority of my matches and 51-49 is not a landslide, I do agree it should be win rate only, it makes the matches more important than simply picking the more popular choice. I actually thought it'd be winning rate only too.

looks like the more popular team always has a better chance of winning unless the the win rate is really unbalanced. Seems sort of unfair, to be honest
What are you on about? huge difference in vote percentage and the smallest possible difference in wins, final score tally of 140 to 160 seems like that 2% made quite a difference

Gizuko

*equips a roller* -> gets into port mackerel. 3 times in a row.
*equips a charger* -> urchin underpass.

Fuck this shitty map rotation, seriously.

ViviOggi

And that's a wrap!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01y9u50.jpg

Kangi

All the good dog teams were stuck battling each other. Being massively more popular isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

Also, the winrate was given a "x2" in the final tally, so it's clear that battling makes a significant difference.

Pineconn

I hope all the bad players will think like this so the good players can all side on the opposite team and clean house with a huge winrate.

Even with this big difference in vote proportion, Team Cat only needed 6% more of the wins to win come out on top, so no, battling isn't pointless. I can totally see a later Splatfest going as far as 60/40 in terms of win rate.

I don't have any data to back me up, but I have a feeling that's statistically improbable. Not impossible, but improbable to the point that I'm just going to side with popularity from now on.

Fuck you, dogs. You lost.

EDIT: Yeah I'm salty. Fight me. Tentatek Splattershot on Saltspray Rig.

DOGS WIN :D

But of course, it was fate.

So far only the US has backed up Marie with a win. All the other territories have fought for Callie's hand.

Crayolan

Yeah, I was just joking. Popularity being weighted destroys the whole competition aspect. Might as well make it a poll and skip the removal of modes and map rotation. Popularity would be a cool stat to show at the end, but the winner should come down to total wins.

The larger the team is, the more shitty players it will have simply because the large majority of players in this game are awful. If popularity wasn't counted the larger team would always be at a disadvantage. I'm surprised the win rates were so close.

I don't have any data to back me up, but I have a feeling that's statistically improbable. Not impossible, but improbable to the point that I'm just going to side with popularity from now on.

Fuck you, dogs. You lost.

EDIT: Yeah I'm salty. Fight me. Tentatek Splattershot on Saltspray Rig.

I was on Team Cat lol

You guys have to remember that more people from the "masses" means a lot more lower-skill players as well. I know DogGAF was carrying their teams most of the time. I sure as hell was.

Blues1990

This is the current set up that I have, and I'm pretty happy with how my inkling looks. Any suggestions on what abilities that I should get?

WiiU_screenshot_TV_01769.jpg

Malus

God damnit the only reason I picked cat was because I thought it would be more popular. At least we have our pride.

I thought losing team only got 12, so 18 is a pleasant surprise.

edit: So much salt lol. Have fun guys.

Geg

What was the voting split between rice and bread in the first Japanese splatfest? Surely it was bigger than the cat/dog split

Gizuko

idk if team cat should be complaining when this is the closest winrate difference possible in splatfest.

Yeah, Judd should call all those 1-2% wins a draw and open a popularity vote. Also call off overtime in ranked, since the losing team can only win by a 1 point margin.

Of course they are complaining, they won more matches yet they lost the fest. How could anyone not complain?

Rize_21

Aaaaah so to have your drawings displayed in the hub you have to post FROM the in game box, I was looking for the splatfest tag everywhere on miiverse for nothing, damn, I'll know next time!

ryechu

Yeah, Judd should call all those 1-2% wins a draw and open a popularity vote. Also call off overtime in ranked, since the losing team can only win by a 1 point margin.

Of course they are complaining, they won more matches yet they lost the fest. How could anyone not complain?

They won a statistically insignificant amount of wins that could have easily been due to luck of the draw due to their smaller sample size. On the other hand a greater percentage of splatoon won splatfest today. You are suggesting the reverse, which is your right, BUT ON THE SMALLEST WINRATE DIFFERENCE IN 3/3 SPLATFESTS.

Top Bottom